Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: FXSTSSE Dyno Runs  (Read 35867 times)

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
Re: FXSTSSE Dyno Runs
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 02:21:14 AM »

Just had the doherty power pacc,power commander and thunder header put on.Here is the dyno sheet.

this are some great numbers :2vrolijk_21:

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »

At Fired00d's suggestion, I'm posting the results of my tune in this thread, as well as in the Intake/Exhaust/ECM forum.

'07 CVO Springer, at about 1500 miles.  I added the Bassani Road Rage pipe, and swapped out the filter for a K&N element and the bike was SERT tuned by R&R.  Results are max torque = 111.67, hp = 96.34.  The motor runs much cooler, performance is smoother across the range.  Low-speed performance issues are gone, and the bike really pulls hard.  The Bassani pipes sound terrific, but are long enough that I don't hear any difference from stock when at steady throttle highway cruise with earplugs.  They do bark when you get on it, though!

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 11:54:48 AM »

OK guys here is some information and then a question...

Pre-pipes, AC and SERT 85 hp and 101 tq. 

Post V&H Big Radius 2:1, Airaid high flow filter, and SERT 93 hp and 109 tq...not sure about the AFR since I haven't seen the sheet but once I have I will post it.  Remember I am 10K miles away from my bike.  I will post the sheet and the pics of the mod as soon as I can.

The question is that the tuner said "There is a slight pop on decel from higher rpms. We tried to tune it out, but it wont go away." I have read that people try and get rid of this my question is what causes it and why couldn't they tune it out?

TIA

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »

At Fired00d's suggestion, I'm posting the results of my tune in this thread, as well as in the Intake/Exhaust/ECM forum.

'07 CVO Springer, at about 1500 miles.  I added the Bassani Road Rage pipe, and swapped out the filter for a K&N element and the bike was SERT tuned by R&R.  Results are max torque = 111.67, hp = 96.34.  The motor runs much cooler, performance is smoother across the range.  Low-speed performance issues are gone, and the bike really pulls hard.  The Bassani pipes sound terrific, but are long enough that I don't hear any difference from stock when at steady throttle highway cruise with earplugs.  They do bark when you get on it, though!

bc

Update - checked mileage today.  Two runs, 93 miles around town, the rest highway.  Total 240 miles.  Average 44 mpg.
'07 FXSTSSE

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »

OUTSTANDING BC, were you traveling at human or Hoist speeds?

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 07:04:50 AM »

OUTSTANDING BC, were you traveling at human or Hoist speeds?

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21:

Well it sure surprised me!  I was expecting 35 to maybe 40.  My mileage is BETTER than before the stage 1 work.  My wife's mileage got better on her Heritage by 2 mpg also.

Definitely human speeds!  The first run was local roads, 35-50 mph variety, with no lights and few stops - back roads cruising.  The rest was highway back and forth between Nashua, NH and Kittery, ME.  Averaged about 70.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 11:05:39 AM »

Post V&H Big Radius 2:1, Airaid high flow filter, and SERT 93 hp and 109 tq...not sure about the AFR since I haven't seen the sheet but once I have I will post it.  Remember I am 10K miles away from my bike.  I will post the sheet and the pics of the mod as soon as I can.

The question is that the tuner said "There is a slight pop on decel from higher rpms. We tried to tune it out, but it wont go away." I have read that people try and get rid of this my question is what causes it and why couldn't they tune it out?

TIA

Seegarz

I don't know why they couldn't tune it out.  Normally, you add fuel. 

The pop is normal and is caused by the vacuum drop when the throttle plate is closed down.  Result is some unburned mixture in the pipes, which then detonates.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

Thanx BC,
When I am united with the bike I will take a run over to the tuner to see what is up.  My friend that has the bike for me currently says he doesn't even feel/hear a pop.  Thank you for your your response.  A follow up question: if the problem is only when you are off the throttle how would adding fuel decrease the pop? :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Seegarz

Seegarsmkr

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

Thanx BC,
When I am united with the bike I will take a run over to the tuner to see what is up.  My friend that has the bike for me currently says he doesn't even feel/hear a pop.  Thank you for your your response.  A follow up question: if the problem is only when you are off the throttle how would adding fuel decrease the pop? :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Seegarz

When you close the throttle, pressure drops in the manifold (and it's lower in the cylinder as a result when the intake valve closes).  As I understand it (dimly), fuel burns less efficiently as pressure goes down, so under these conditions, not all the fuel is burned.  When the exhaust valve opens whatever fuel the motor didn't burn is dumped into the pipes.  POP!  I know it's it's counterintuitive to add fuel when fuel is part of the problem, but adding fuel increases the pressure in the manifold and cylinder, resulting in the mixture being burned in the cylinder instead of getting dumped.  The trick is adding the fuel in the right cells in the mixture tables.  Bottom line, the tuner has to know what he's doing. 

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

mnm327

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »

Well I guess this isn't a bad start, V&H 2n2 Big Radius, PCIII, Thunder City Big Monster Baffles. :drink:

screaminfx

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 05:26:31 PM »

A couple of thoughts. On my 07 Springer I put on the V&H Big Shot Staggered with a Fuel Pak. Results at the rear wheel (DynoJet 250 rear wheel dyno) was horsepower jumped to 88.87 (stock peak was 81.09) and torque went from 95.31 stock to 105.43. I should mention that I'm using the Quiet Baffle which robs a bit from peak numbers. Having said that, the bike's still pretty "throaty", plenty of volume.....my friends at V&H say that without the baffle fix-it tickets would be in my future. I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike since the mods, and it runs great, absolutely no problems.

Also with regard the brakes, anyone who's tried to whoa-up a CVO Springer knows the stock brakes are less than stellar. I put a four piston PM set up front and replaced the rear unit with PM's as well. Kept the rotors stock. Huge difference, way more effective. Not to mention the fact that they look way trick.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 02:55:32 AM »

A couple of thoughts. On my 07 Springer I put on the V&H Big Shot Staggered with a Fuel Pak. Results at the rear wheel (DynoJet 250 rear wheel dyno) was horsepower jumped to 88.87 (stock peak was 81.09) and torque went from 95.31 stock to 105.43. I should mention that I'm using the Quiet Baffle which robs a bit from peak numbers. Having said that, the bike's still pretty "throaty", plenty of volume.....my friends at V&H say that without the baffle fix-it tickets would be in my future. I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike since the mods, and it runs great, absolutely no problems.

Also with regard the brakes, anyone who's tried to whoa-up a CVO Springer knows the stock brakes are less than stellar. I put a four piston PM set up front and replaced the rear unit with PM's as well. Kept the rotors stock. Huge difference, way more effective. Not to mention the fact that they look way trick.

Come on Screaminfx you know the drill...

:worthless: :worthless:

Seegarsmkr

so sweet so sweet

• Not scared to PLAY a bit
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 01:55:05 AM »

Wow, going through and reading all of the posts I don't feel so bad.  When I had the V&H big radius put on with the SE race tuner I was upset that it was only 91hp and 117ft lbs of torque.  I thought it would surely have more hp since my VTX has 94 hp and 107 torque.  I was told because I went with those pipes and lost a lot of back pressure that my hp would remain low.
Becca
Proud owner of two big bikes
2002 VTX 1800C                        2007 FXSTSSE

New addition 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 04:41:32 AM »

TIA

Seegarz

dont freak out man, dyno conditions are different. you are going from full throttle pull to 6200 rpm or more, then closing the throttle. sometimes you will hear a pop on the dyno that never happens in real life. also remember, the bike is not moving on the dyno, air rushing past the header while on th road creates different scavenging effects that no air on the dyno!!  yes, the pop can be tuned out.

and whoever said to add fuel is probaly correct, it will cool exhaust gasses which helps slow spontaneous combustion inside the muffler. timing changes help also, but ride the bike and see how you like it. concentrate on drivability, then smile big if all is well.

gremlush

• I may not be good, BUT, I am slow.
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:38 PM »

Pulled 92 hp. and 113 tq. 6th gear  90 - 110 in 5th gear  SAE , you can see the dyno on harley tech talk {MSN} bike is stock except for Zippers air filter and baffles I made from alum. Bike was built June 2007 ,and has 2500 miles on it. Runs very strong. Will be doing Andrews 32 cams next. Then a 'black box'. Dewey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.