Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: FXSTSSE Dyno Runs  (Read 35829 times)

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
FXSTSSE Dyno Runs
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »

Finally..  07 FXSTSSE 110 motor with new RB Racing LSR Pro Stock 2 int 1 2" primary c style
SE Air Intake... I am all ears from those with advice or information...
sorry it took so long
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 02:11:36 PM by flhtcse2004 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: FXSTSSE Dyno Runs
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »

This thread will contain dyno runs for the FXSTSSE. Share your dyno runs and list if any mods have been made.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DHTDHT

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

I see a couple things. First is the big dip in torque under 3,000 rpm, that may contribute to the lugging you feel in that range. Hard to say, because the actual torque numbers in the middle of that dip seem adequate. There is no dip in torque with my stock bike, and it comes on near max torque at 2,250 rpms.  I also see a variable air/fuel ratio in the lower revs that I don't see on my graphs.  Wonder if this has anything to do with surging at low rpms?  Finally, it would have been great to see the "before" graph, because that would tell us how much gain in power you bike had from the mods.  I'm actually amazed at the peak power your graph suggests. Would like to see it done on another dyno machine to be sure it's real, but that can be pricey.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:56 PM »

mavrik,

Couple of observations:

1. "CF: UNCORRECTED   Smoothing = 5"  from the chart.  SAE correction is customary, and necessary to make valid comparisons to other runs.  ???
2.  The air/fuel ratio below 2500 rpm is all over the place, going from lean to rich and back to lean.  This corresponds to the dip in your torque curve.  From 2500 to 5000, the A/F is leaner than what most tuners run for best "safe" power.
3.  The rpm's appear to go to 6500 - why such a high rev-limiter setting?  As you can see from the chart, power and torque fall off rapidly well before that point.  I would recommend backing that off to around 5800-6000.

I probably missed this information, but what other mods do you have besides the LSR pipe and SE air cleaner?  Your peak numbers look similar to what others have reported with pipes, air cleaner, and tune (hp in low to mid 90's, torque around 110-115), but that big dip at low speeds needs to be addressed.  Could be the tuner, could be the pipe (I'm not convinced that a 2 inch I.D. head pipe is a good thing for a basically stock engine with an EPA cam).

Jerry
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 10:07:38 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 03:01:34 PM »

Jerry,
thanks for the info...  I will say that I think I should have went with the 13/4" pipes... I wonder what the torque would be with them vs the 2"...anyway I am having issues with lower rpms.. I don't think its the SERT... there is a lot of riders here in NEast Florida that feel that the local HD shops do not have a qualified tech... to be honest I hear that a lot from other parts of the country and from a lot of after market dealers... Crane Cams, SS and others...
The power range is only from about 3000 to 4000.....  after researching the 110 motor I found out that as we know this is a new EPA restricted motor.  The stock cams really hold this motor back... intake duration is only 211... HD's intent was to create a torque monster..... I have plans to add cams but want to wait about 6 months to see who comes out with some new designs for these motors..
I read where the rev limiter is set stock at 6500.. this an issue that I am having with the local HD because I put in writing to NOT EXCEED 5500 rpms....to be honest our local Ademac HD dealer is lacking big time when it comes to qualified techs in their shops.. this is common knowledge among riders here.

forgot to mention... what the sheet does not show.... I dropped to 30MPG...any thoughts
Dean
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:49:12 PM by mavrik »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »

............I read where the [highlight]rev limiter is set stock at 6500[/highlight].. this an issue that I am having with the local HD because I put in writing to NOT EXCEED 5500 rpms....to be honest our local Ademac HD dealer sucks big time when it comes to qualified techs in their shops.. this is common knowledge among riders here.
Dean
Dean,

Stock would be 5500 on a "B" motor.  As you noted, the cam timing on the 110's is skewed toward low and midrange torque, not high rpm power, and cranking up the rev limiter for performance gains is an exercise in futility.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »

Jerry,
local HD dealer still does not have answer on why they revd the motor to 6500 rpms... no one cranked it up... they believe it was set that way at HD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:50:37 PM by mavrik »

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 09:37:16 PM »

My 07 110 FXSTSSE bangs into the limiter at 5500 like hitting a Brick wall
Combo of my poor eyes and a Tach the size of a walnut add up to an occasional "oops"
God Bless the Rev Limiter !!
Wish they had them in 1974 on my Sportster !!
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

onebadcvospringer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:08 PM »

Mavrik, I just wanted share my dyno numbers with you I will post the sheet later. Dyno #'s were 93 HP/98.TQ...These #'s are completely stock...Can you post some pics of your bike with the rb racing pipes, I'm thinking of replacing mine with a tunder header or one like yours ,but still have'nt seen either one....Thanks, onebadcvospringer
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:15:22 AM by onebadcvospringer »

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

I do not have pics with the pipes yet but go to http://www.rbracing-rsr.com and click on harley exhaust...  there are a lot of pics with the same pipes as well as other styles they make...
they are a good quality pipe that sounds really good and has good performance..stick to the 13/4" primary
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 10:48:54 PM by mavrik »

onebadcvospringer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 12:30:26 AM »

Thanks Mavrik, I went to their site but didn't see any good pictures of the same bike as mine with rb racing pipes. I can't imagine what my bike would look like with those pipes I just know it would look mean. Let me know when you post some pics......Thanks

onebadcvospringer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:40:20 AM »

Oh,I forgot I will be going with your advise on the 1 3/4 pipes this way we can compare dynos.Thanks

onebadcvospringer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »

Just had the doherty power pacc,power commander and thunder header put on.Here is the dyno sheet.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 12:52:04 AM »

Just had the doherty power pacc,power commander and thunder header put on.Here is the dyno sheet.

Good numbers but your af ratio is way lean, especially in the 2800 - 3200 rpm range. This is where most of your crusing is so I would question your tuner about it. Most tuners shoot for about 13.5 across the board.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:54:15 AM by hd-dude »

Shodan01

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »

Anybody have a tune for a PCIII with Rinehart 2:1?

Thanks,

Steve
Now:

Me -    2007 FXSTSSE (Canyon Copper)

Her -    2006 VRSCSEII (Black Orange)
Then:

Me -   2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black/Orange
         2007 FLHTCUSE2 Lightning !
         2007 FXSTSSE (Blue)

Her -   2007 FXDSE Granite
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.