Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR  (Read 15840 times)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »

I just got the official word, there is no new CVO Road Glide for this year. I was sure hoping since my 2000 FLTRSEI has 120,000 miles on it now. Well, do I ride it another year? I'll just figure it out.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »

I feel your pain!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »

yea real bummer.  Maybe they held back to do something real special with it next year and build that high horsepower water pumper RG we have been wanting to see them build.  Have to wait another entire year to see if they do it.  Am I the only one getting tired of waiting on them to do it?
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »

I too was hopeing for SERG this year too....I'm staying pat with what I have...may try to add a colbalt blue      cvo dyna later this year :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »

I just got the official word, there is no new CVO Road Glide for this year. I was sure hoping since my 2000 FLTRSEI has 120,000 miles on it now. Well, do I ride it another year? I'll just figure it out.
That ashame, I was number one on Goe' Harley Davidson list for that bike.  If it is official, I will also ride my 2000 FLTRSEI while I wait.  I suppost I will make it my retirement toy (Dec 09).  I few more happy miles on Big Red, it not all bad (HAFBAD).   

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »

Dont be so sure!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »

Bad news again I guess, but am hoping for a liquid cooled big inch SERG next year. It's the only bike that can show off the graphics and the attitude.

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »

yea real bummer.  Maybe they held back to do something real special with it next year and build that high horsepower water pumper RG we have been wanting to see them build.  Have to wait another entire year to see if they do it.  Am I the only one getting tired of waiting on them to do it?

Almost one year later we speculate on the same subject.  Might this just be the year they come thru?

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »

Almost one year later we speculate on the same subject.  Might this just be the year they come thru?
Yes. There will be a Road Glide. And with a new fairing, too.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

same thing but it'll be called a tourglide for 09 cvo,,,, :coolblue:

TN

er is that 2010
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »

If someone gets two of them does that make it a DuoGlide?

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

If someone gets two of them does that make it a DuoGlide?

ANd if it has a S*^#t load of CHROME....DO we call it a "dOOd A Glide"..Damn what a concept...Alright all you marketing  & Photoshop  GURU's Bring it on..... Let's announce a "dood A glide" For '09....Right here...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.

B B

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.

B B

I agree with the above save for the True-Track, and I'm not dissin' the True-Track, except I have ridden motorcycles with True-Track, and I personally own a motorcycle with a TWR Missing Link.  Folks, both of these devices do the exact same thing, and they both work great.....................but the TWR is less expensive, and it doesn't get scraped up in right hand turns, and..................in my HUMBLE opinion, it is a much, much higher quality device, and definitely an easier, stealthier installation.  So, in MY HUMBLE opinion, there is no better stabilizer than TWR's Missing Link.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 11:52:25 AM »

I agree with the above save for the True-Track, and I'm not dissin' the True-Track, except I have ridden motorcycles with True-Track, and I personally own a motorcycle with a TWR Missing Link.  Folks, both of these devices do the exact same thing, and they both work great.....................but the TWR is less expensive, and it doesn't get scraped up in right hand turns, and..................in my HUMBLE opinion, it is a much, much higher quality device, and definitely an easier, stealthier installation.  So, in MY HUMBLE opinion, there is no better stabilizer than TWR's Missing Link.

Henry
        I don't know anyone who builds and sells any of these devices. You are friends with the guy that sells TWR. Would you admit that in open forum please.

Thanks
          B B

REGGAB

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »

Henry
        I don't know anyone who builds and sells any of these devices. You are friends with the guy that sells TWR. Would you admit that in open forum please.

Thanks
          B B

Don't forget.........Tracy designed and makes as well as sells TWR.  Yessir............I freely and openly admit to a friendship with Tracy, which never would have developed had I not been introduced to his device via this forum.  I saw it, understood it, preferred it's simple construction to the other two more complex stabilizers of which I'm aware and have riding experience, so I gave his device a chance.  In my opinion, he has the best thing going when it comes to rear end stabilizers........................and I'd still say and defend that even if I didn't know him and wasn't friends with him.   Chit, Brian...........even if YOU made the damn thing, I'd defend the device, because it is THAT damn good............and you are like the #2 Chithead on the site aren't ya?   ;D  And though I will admit respect for you, I certainly won't admit to friendship with you.   Bottom line is, Tracy's chit works.......PERIOD!

Are we CLEAR now? 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:54:01 PM by Thumpin' 107 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »

Can I put  RG fairing on the SERK?  I could put blanks in for gages, I don't use them..

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

Can I put  RG fairing on the SERK?  I could put blanks in for gages, I don't use them..

The frame is the same P/N for the Road King, Road Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and all CVO models of same. No reason why with time and patience you can't, but you've got to strip off your entire chrome RK nacelle and buy the RG nacell as well as the inner and outer fairings, brkts, headlights and directional signals. I believe my suggestion earlier about taking an 00 SERG down to the frame and building the bike of your dreams would be a wiser course of action.

B B
     By the way, use whatever the hell stabilizer makes you happy, ( I have no vested interest in any of em) but whatever brand you use, they are an essential part of a good handling bagger.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »

hogdooz
B B

Has Hoist! logged in under B B's account?!?!? :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »

Has Hoist! logged in under B B's account?!?!? :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Better chance that Harley will replace the 07's with 09's than that happening.
Now who believes that will happen!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

Howie and I are brothers Brian.   :o

I've just never forgiven him for becoming a New Yakker  ;)

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

The frame is the same P/N for the Road King, Road Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and all CVO models of same. No reason why with time and patience you can't, but you've got to strip off your entire chrome RK nacelle and buy the RG nacell as well as the inner and outer fairings, brkts, headlights and directional signals. I believe my suggestion earlier about taking an 00 SERG down to the frame and building the bike of your dreams would be a wiser course of action.

B B
     By the way, use whatever the hell stabilizer makes you happy, ( I have no vested interest in any of em) but whatever brand you use, they are an essential part of a good handling bagger.

Thanks B....
The fairings pop up cheap on ebay sometimes...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, it is slow here today.  :P
I use the Str-8 or whatever it is called, so far so good...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Thanks B....
The fairings pop up cheap on ebay sometimes...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, it is slow here today.  :P
I use the Str-8 or whatever it is called, so far so good...

Yeah, real cheap.  (NOT )

I paid $725 delivered Monday for a brand new (never used)  00 B/W/O SERG fairing and nacelle.

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

hogdooz

B B

BB

Pay attention!
His post is a few days short of being a year old.
He was right, no SERG for 08.
But 09 is a different story!
BB, do I have to clean up everything for you?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »

It's quite possible Hoist and Brian have always been one and the same? It'd be just like Hoist to argue with himself, if no-one was around for him to argue with.  ;D

Who did I just insult, Howie or Brian?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »

It's quite possible Hoist and Brian have always been one and the same? It'd be just like Hoist to argue with himself, if no-one was around for him to argue with.  ;D

Neither, you spoke the truth  8)

B B

TWR

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »

hi henry thanks for your kind words about my kit , but i don't bash other kits out their like some guys bash mine, to each his own and my kit speaks for itself in quality and how it performs, after selling a few hundred with all pos. feedback thanks tracy

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »

Gentlemen;

I have removed a few posts from this thread that were deemed to be "personal" attacks. Please play nice and follow the rules of posting 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 12:18:57 AM »

Gentlemen;

I have removed a few posts from this thread that were deemed to be "personal" attacks. Please play nice and follow the rules of posting 8)

Thanks, Jim.  I'll "Man Up", and admit, "guilty as charged."  Really glad guys like you are here to skim the BS off the top of the good stuff.

Henry

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »

I paid $725 delivered Monday for a brand new (never used)  00 B/W/O SERG fairing and nacelle.

B B

I thought I saw that one on e-bay in catagory that no one would ever find. Congrtats it looked good.  Doc

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »

Howie and I are brothers Brian.   :o

I've just never forgiven him for becoming a New Yakker  ;)

B B

Neither, you spoke the truth  8)

B B

HeHeHe!!! ;D

I love this place! But you FD guys still really KILL ME!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

No SERG is fine with me. I must be the only one on this forum that's glad the MoCo is not manufacturing another one. I did what Spiderman suggested and upgraded the entire bike. Besides who needs engine problems on a $30K plus bike. I tired of being part of a Beta Test Team.

Happy 4th everyone!
FrankD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:49:09 PM by FrankD »
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »

No SERG is fine with me. I must be the only one on this forum that's glad the MoCo is not manufacturing another one. I did what Spiderman suggested and upgraded the entire bike. Besides who needs engine problems on a $30K plus bike. I tired of being part of a Beta Test Team.

Happy 4th everyone!
FrankD

Frank

This thread is a year old.
The guy that started it was talking about no SERG for 08.
There will be one for 09!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »

SB,
Duh! Sorry I guess I should pay more attention to the dates. Hey SB I just looked back Road_Glider restarted this thread on June 30, 2008 for the 2009 model.

Frank
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:21:31 PM by FrankD »
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »

SB,
Duh! Sorry I guess I should pay more attention to the dates.

Frank

No problem!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

SB,
Hey SB I just looked back Road_Glider restarted this thread on June 30, 2008 for the 2009 model.

Frank

The original post was for the 08 bikes.

Here's Road_Glider's post,

He ask a valid question.
Fortunatly he's going to be right for 09.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »

The original post was for the 08 bikes.

Here's Road_Glider's post,

He ask a valid question.
Fortunatly he's going to be right for 09.

Lots of people hopng so, just please give us one without the 110 motor.  :)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »

Lots of people hopng so, just please give us one without the 110 motor.  :)

It will have a 110!
Sorry.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »

It will have a 110!
Sorry.

If some new upcoming models came with a 110 I doubt people would complain; if it were a good 110.  I've not tracked this with any degree of effort at all.  So could be completely mistaken.  But as just a bleacher seat survey it has seemed that the bikes that were new within the last couple of months have not been dropping like flies as those previous had been.  Hopefully this suggest that the MoCo has actually gotten a handle on the engine problem.

The crank problems seem to have effectively dried up some time ago.  If something more recent has also addressed the top end issues hopefully at least those yet to get a 110 won't have to suffer for their art.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »

B B

I saw that. I was thinking of pulling a Chip and hanging it from the ceiling.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 09:41:50 AM »

Well it won't be hanging from my ceiling.

Mounted over the fireplace maybe, but not on the ceiling.  ;)

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 11:07:31 AM »

Well it won't be hanging from my ceiling.

Mounted over the fireplace maybe, but not on the ceiling.  ;)

B B

If you do that it has to get antlers too.  And you have to post a picture.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »

If you do that it has to get antlers too.  And you have to post a picture.

Had a spare stock windshield til a couple days before I bought the fairing

Brian's principal to a fare thee well

The amount time which will elapse before you need something you've given away is inversely proportional to the amount of time you've had it

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »

Had a spare stock windshield til a couple days before I bought the fairing

Brian's principal to a fare thee well

The amount time which will elapse before you need something you've given away is inversely proportional to the amount of time you've had it

B B

How tall do you like your RG windshield?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »

Or short?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »

You say that like it's a problem!
When you run out of floor and wall space it's the next best thing!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »

14 inches measured on plane with the windsheld surface

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »

14 inches measured on plane with the windsheld surface

B B

Ok, I've got two that came with the bike.  One is short, too short.  The other was longer.  If close it'll travel with the mufflers.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »

Ok, I've got two that came with the bike.  One is short, too short.  The other was longer.  If close it'll travel with the mufflers.

Don
        I don't need it. I was just going along with the joke about the antlers

If the fairing shows up today, it could well be on LD before the end of the day

But I thank you for your most generous offer kind sir

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

Don
        I don't need it. I was just going along with the joke about the antlers

If the fairing shows up today, it could well be on LD before the end of the day

But I thank you for your most generous offer kind sir

B B

Just checked the package tracking. Shows "out for delivery."  So it should be there today.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »

You say that like it's a problem!
When you run out of floor and wall space it's the next best thing!

Looks like a carpenter/home builder could just add on more floor space.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

Interesting.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

Sorry Ken

Side yard and rear yard restrictions will not permit that.
Different house on different dirt is the only solution!
And we are looking at dirt.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 10:56:47 PM »

Just checked the package tracking. Shows "out for delivery."  So it should be there today.

8PM Pacific Time, no delivery. The guy must have quit early to go drink beer.

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 11:05:39 PM »

WAIT

Truck just backed in driveway!

WHAT?

NAW!

"I don't need a SERG fairing"
"Already have a spare"
"Well hell, I don't care what you do with it, send it to the west coast"
"Or Joplin Mo."

"OK, OK, just leave it in the back of the truck, , , , I'll do something with it"

BB
What was it you was looking for?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »

NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX

The fairing was loaded on the truck in San Diego this morning early (before 7AM) for delivery today. Never arrived. Called FEDEX. They say it won't be delivered on Monday because the depot it's being delivered out of is closed on Mondays. I am leaving for Maine 1st thing Tuesday. They won't change the delivery status to leave on doorstep with no signature, accept a signed note, won't change the delivery to my wife's office, won't do chit.

NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX    NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008, 03:38:10 AM »

NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX

The fairing was loaded on the truck in San Diego this morning early (before 7AM) for delivery today. Never arrived. Called FEDEX. They say it won't be delivered on Monday because the depot it's being delivered out of is closed on Mondays. I am leaving for Maine 1st thing Tuesday. They won't change the delivery status to leave on doorstep with no signature, accept a signed note, won't change the delivery to my wife's office, won't do chit.

NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX    NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX   NEVER SHIP FEDEX

What a crock.  How can a major operation have an entire depot closed on a business day with freight pending.  Have never heard of such a thing from UPS or FedEx.  Can't believe the entire depot is entirely unstaffed.  Did you ask them about just going to pick it up on Monday?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »

What a crock.  How can a major operation have an entire depot closed on a business day with freight pending.  Have never heard of such a thing from UPS or FedEx.  Can't believe the entire depot is entirely unstaffed.  Did you ask them about just going to pick it up on Monday?

Yes I asked them and they said the Depot was closed. I couldn't pick it up and it won't be delivered before Tuesday at which time I'll be at least 200 miles closer to Maine. Just wanted to make sure it was as advertised and put it away safe before I left for Maine. The guy shipping it did his part, only thing I wish is that he hadn't made it " Direct Signature Only " but I can understand that and he went to the trouble to have it here on a Saturday so I could be home to sign for it. This entire cluster_u_ck is FedEx's fault and nobody else's. They took the money and didn't deliver as promised. At the least, I shoud get a rebate on the shipping charges. Linda is going to pursue that with FedEx billing. You guys think I get going. Hell hath no fury like my wife when she feels she's been ripped off. And 35 years as a legal assistant don't hurt either

B B

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »

Yes I asked them and they said the Depot was closed. I couldn't pick it up and it won't be delivered before Tuesday at which time I'll be at least 200 miles closer to Maine. Just wanted to make sure it was as advertised and put it away safe before I left for Maine. The guy shipping it did his part, only thing I wish is that he hadn't made it " Direct Signature Only " but I can understand that and he went to the trouble to have it here on a Saturday so I could be home to sign for it. This entire cluster_u_ck is FedEx's fault and nobody else's. They took the money and didn't deliver as promised. At the least, I shoud get a rebate on the shipping charges. Linda is going to pursue that with FedEx billing. You guys think I get going. Hell hath no fury like my wife when she feels she's been ripped off. And 35 years as a legal assistant don't hurt either

B B

BB

Hang tight.  Hopefully you will get it on Monday.  My experience with FedEx at work is they like to surprise you.  The whole under commit and over deliver thing.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard about not being able to do anything until Monday and Wala!  Monday morning it is at the doorstep.  I think the worker bees still work all weekend.  It's just the office workers that get all the time off!!

I hope you the best.  Drives me nuts when you are waiting for something them you have to wait longer.  THe worst one yet was getting my SEEG.  It was supposed to be delivered a week before a trip to Redwoods.  I got it at 7 pm the day before the event!  PIA riding it down there that night at break in period. But I got there and had a hell of a good time!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:15 PM »

..  PIA riding it down there that night at break in period. But I got there and had a hell of a good time!

Your right, thanks for reminding me that sometimes when life throws lemons at you ...

I find out that I like to juggle lemons.

Fun is all what we make out of what we are doing.  I've even had a great time standing on the side of the road with a broken down bike.  Not that I, nor any of the kind folk who stood with me wanted to be standing by the side of the road, but fun we did have.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

BB

Hang tight.  Hopefully you will get it on Monday.  My experience with FedEx at work is they like to surprise you.  The whole under commit and over deliver thing.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard about not being able to do anything until Monday and Wala!  Monday morning it is at the doorstep.  I think the worker bees still work all weekend.  It's just the office workers that get all the time off!!

I hope you the best.  Drives me nuts when you are waiting for something them you have to wait longer.  THe worst one yet was getting my SEEG.  It was supposed to be delivered a week before a trip to Redwoods.  I got it at 7 pm the day before the event!  PIA riding it down there that night at break in period. But I got there and had a hell of a good time!

OK  1st things 1st. Never let  it be said I won't admit when I've gone off 1/2 cocked. I am publicly eating some crow for breakfast today.  FedEx just dropped off the fairing. SUNDAY MORNING 0830 Pacific. Go figure. My rant was based on a 9PM phonecall to FedEx 24 hr tracking when it never showed yesterday. Everything I said was a quote from the people on the phone at FedEx, so on the one hand, thank you very much for delivering the goods. On the other hand eff off for gettin my BP up 20 points and not knowing what your own people are doing. What's the sense in having an 800 # to call if they don't know jack ?

Making an a$$ out of myself in front of all of you good people is pretty much a daily occurrence with me, so I can live with that.

The items in the box were as advertised. Box had been beaten around a bit, but they are orginal brand new never used 00 B/W/O SERG fairing and nacelle.

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

Oh I am so happy your package arrived, no one has to get excited or angry.  Things really do have a way of working out.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »

Oh I am so happy your package arrived, no one has to get excited or angry.  Things really do have a way of working out.

I am excited about getting underway on my trip back to Maine. I am excited that I will meet Elvis's new caretaker MJZ, as well as HogBreath, PHAZE, ultrafxr and  visit my friend JR again. I am excited that I will get to ride Elvis again. I am very excited that I will get to visit with you and Jamey. I am excieted that I will be close enough to JQ to visit him and his wife. Yes, I am glad as can be that the pkg arrived. The Genesis of a plan if you will. A plan that may manifest itself at MV or perhaps at a later date.

B B   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

OK  1st things 1st. Never let  it be said I won't admit when I've gone off 1/2 cocked. I am publicly eating some crow for breakfast today.  FedEx just dropped off the fairing. SUNDAY MORNING 0830 Pacific. Go figure. My rant was based on a 9PM phonecall to FedEx 24 hr tracking when it never showed yesterday. Everything I said was a quote from the people on the phone at FedEx, so on the one hand, thank you very much for delivering the goods. On the other hand eff off for gettin my BP up 20 points and not knowing what your own people are doing. What's the sense in having an 800 # to call if they don't know jack ?

Making an a$$ out of myself in front of all of you good people is pretty much a daily occurrence with me, so I can live with that.

The items in the box were as advertised. Box had been beaten around a bit, but they are orginal brand new never used 00 B/W/O SERG fairing and nacelle.

B B

Is it on LD yet?  :worthless:

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »

B B

I told you BB.  FedEx NEVER fails at this.  Half cocked?  I can relate!  THat is how I learned about FedEx.  Left does not know what right is doing but in the end they surprise you!  And, right, AFTER your BP goes 20+!!

Happy to hear you got your stuff.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »

Is it on LD yet?  :worthless:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh  :oops:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhh  :oops:

(whispering)   sorry ???

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »

Why not?

Cause somebody hasn't found me the side panels and saddlebags yet  :o

Hey I didn't get to be the # 2 site chithead without workin at it

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »

B B

The seekers are looking!
We will find you some!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

B B

I know where there's some blue side panels.  That'd be boo-tee-ful on LD with that shiny new fairing.  I've got an old red Road King fender with a few nicks in it too.  We can make LD flat stand out and be proud with just a little more work here :2vrolijk_21: .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

I know where there's some blue side panels.  That'd be boo-tee-ful on LD with that shiny new fairing.  I've got an old red Road King fender with a few nicks in it too.  We can make LD flat stand out and be proud with just a little more work here :2vrolijk_21: .

OOOOO WEEEEEEE

Stand out YES!

PROUD, no way Jose!

I have saddlebags also!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »

* Fired00d thinks Twolane is having flashbacks from his college days. ;D

With that hodge podge of colors that would be a "Psychedelic SERG". :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »

* Fired00d thinks Twolane is having flashbacks from his college days. ;D

With that hodge podge of colors that would be a "Psychedelic SERG". :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

If not psychedelic at least psycho.  The next sanest thing to actually being there....  Where... Huh?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »

PLAID

of course

That'd be blue plaid for you. As a Scotsman, I'd think you'd be rather found of plaid. What are the Mckenzie clan colors ?

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

That'd be blue plaid for you. As a Scotsman, I'd think you'd be rather found of plaid. What are the Mckenzie clan colors ?

B B

Silver and Black

Of course!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »

Silver and Black

Of course!

duuuuuuuhhhhh  I should have seen that coming   :huepfenjump3:

Good one buddy

B B

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »

oopsi daisy!
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »

oopsi daisy!

Now there's something you don't hear every day.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

oopsi daisy!

Where's hogdooz at???? Probably out riding his new 2009 SERG!! ;D :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2008, 02:27:26 AM »

Where's hogdooz at???? Probably out riding his new 2009 SERG!! ;D :P

This thread is so old that when hogdooz started it we were all talking about the 2008 models ??? :oops: :huepfenlol2: .

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2008, 03:51:01 AM »

NOW I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS NEW 2009 CVO ROAD GLIDE I really like the color scheme haven't seen one in person yet.....so.....what do you all think that own previous CVO bikes or simply Road Glides or may in fact own the 2009 by now:

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:52:53 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »

This thread is so old that when hogdooz started it we were all talking about the 2008 models ??? :oops: :huepfenlol2: .
:oops: x 10!! Had to go back and see that the original post was 2007!! My Bad!! :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »

:oops: x 10!! Had to go back and see that the original post was 2007!! My Bad!! :P

It's ok Rob.  That whole space-time-continuum-beam-me-up-Scotty thing can be a real bitch sometimes. :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »

And where is the dang bread maker at?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 21 queries.