Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: New SERG Front Tire " Warranty" Replacement  (Read 15595 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: New SERG Front Tire " Warranty" Replacement
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

I have found that polite persistence works with HD customer service.  They have to give some resistance or they'd be doing too much, I imagine.  Probably best not to mention anything "legal."  It appears that the customer service reps are instructed to just stop talking if you do. 

Interesting that I have still not gotten a call back from HD re the D402F dealer installed and that Dunlop says should not have been.   :nixweiss: On the other hand, the SERG seems to ride fine with the 402 on the front.  I have not pushed it at all though.   Dunlop's comments and e mail concern me but I take them with "salt."

Jerry is right, above.  It makes no sense that with all the testing these companies do, that we have this much of an issue with the tires. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 06:43:36 PM »

:soapbox: :soapbox:

So they will only replace those bikes for which the owners (whom ride the most) complain the loudest.

Not good customer relations..

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »

Just thought I post my recent experiece with a cuping issue and taking it to the dealer.
Went to the dealer and told them what was happening with my front tire and the service manager was like, no sweat got a recall notice right here. You have to be with in the guide lines of course, like X amount of thread life left, wich I had only 7800 miles on the tire.  They are putting a 408 tire on the bike no charge. Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »

Gabe, 

Let us know if you can get a copy of the recall notice.  Thanks! !

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

04se103

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »

Just thought I post my recent experiece with a cuping issue and taking it to the dealer.
Went to the dealer and told them what was happening with my front tire and the service manager was like, no sweat got a recall notice right here. You have to be with in the guide lines of course, like X amount of thread life left, wich I had only 7800 miles on the tire.  They are putting a 408 tire on the bike no charge. Let's Roll
That's the way my experience went with my Dealer Saturday new 408 replaced 407  :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »

It would be nice to know the details of that notice or bulletin.  As in what are they going to do for those who had to buy new tires previously because H-D blew them off?  If this is a true recall, and not just another so-called H-D "enhancement" program, there should be recourse for those who had to pay previously for new tires.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »

Anybody??     Let us know if you can get a copy of the tire recall notice.  Thanks! !

Update:  Debbie from HD customer service finally called me back today (after I had called her again) and says I was supposed to get a D408 and that the dealer had been instructed.  She says that she thought it was already taken care of.  I'm supposed to receive a call from the service dept at dealer tomorrow to come in and get the D408.  Really tired of this!    >:(

Sawyer Brown

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »

>:( >:(
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »

I just finished searching the NHTSA web site for recalls or defect investigations for either H-D or Dunlop, and came up with nothing for this issue.  Odds are this isn't a safety recall, but another H-D program.  If anyone gets hold of a copy, they need to post it so other's can print it out and take it to their dealer. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »

HD stock couldn't handle it, this is left to dealer discression, no cross the board recall.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »

If the sequence of events was as jettjockey was told above, (Reply #14) it could be easily documented or "discovered" if there were ever litigation over this.  If it came out that HD insisted turning the tire around for cosmetic reasons and Dunlop complied, it would be embarrasing to both, to say the least.  I thus think that HD will replace cupped tires within reason for those who complain (see reply above re "polite persistance"). 

This may be a dealer discretion item at first.  My dealer was no help.  That may be because HD is not paying the dealers for their labor.  Once I went to HD customer service, it got handled though even then I had to go back and forth between HD and dealer several times.  Dealer says HD sent wrong tire (D402) but HD is silent.  I'd call the whole thing a cluster f___ ! 

Sawyer Brown

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »

Will, after all that has been said & speculated, I agree with your summary of the situation, 
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »

I'd call the whole thing a cluster f___ ! 

I agree with you.

I talked to my dealer on Friday and called MOCO and they are replacing my tire (no charge) with an 408................... took a total of 15 minutes. Quite a few miles on it too.

Some dealers  :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »

Finally got my 408F, today! Does not feel noticably different than the 402 but at least it's what Dunlop says should be on there. 

Let the cupping begin? ! ? ! ?   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:

Sawyer Brown

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »

Finally got my 408F, today! Does not feel noticably different than the 402 but at least it's what Dunlop says should be on there. 

Let the cupping begin? ! ? ! ?   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:   :nervous:
Greg, I got 6k on my 408f and it's fine. just sayin. but I got 13.5k on my 407f
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.