Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 get hot?  (Read 5290 times)

arson

• FLHRSEI.ORG
110 get hot?
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »

Hi guys and gals just woundering about heat with the 110's,have read about some heat problems is their any truth to it and do you think this will bring about a lack of motor reliability.Give me your over all feeling of the 110,power,rideability etc.{If they run hot how much are we talking about}

arson

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 110 get hot?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »

sorry new to posting on this site,should have posted in the motor section. [smiley=oops.gif]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:57:36 AM »

arson,  not to kid you, but that might be an appropriate name for the 110.  ;D

Seriously, if you read the threads from the SEUC category, there have been at least two 110's with the motor replaced and a couple others with top end problems I think that were probably heat related.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

arson

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:32:41 PM »

GC_super that is not good news if you are looking at buying a $30,000.00 dollar bike.You would think the moco would test the bikes for these problems as well as other things that may become a problem with the larger motor.Here in Cloverdale Canada the heat may not be a factor all the time but there is days it could be.I thought that with this size motor they would go with an oil cooler{one that looks good  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]}I see Victory has an oil cooler on 100 ci motor could cut down on heat problems.

e4seter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »

GC_super that is not good news if you are looking at buying a $30,000.00 dollar bike.You would think the moco would test the bikes for these problems as well as other things that may become a problem with the larger motor.Here in Cloverdale Canada the heat may not be a factor all the time but there is days it could be.I thought that with this size motor they would go with an oil cooler{one that looks good  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]}I see Victory has an oil cooler on 100 ci motor could cut down on heat problems.

The SEUC come with oil coolers and it did not help them :-(

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:34:32 AM »

Ok, now I'm REALLY scared to go headlong into purchasing the SE Dyna. I don't have heat problems with my SE V-rod, but it seems like the 110 is prone to overheating and eating itself.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

Ok, now I'm REALLY scared to go headlong into purchasing the SE Dyna. I don't have heat problems with my SE V-rod, but it seems like the 110 is prone to overheating and eating itself.

I think that may be a bit of an exageration of the facts. The health of the Hothead 110's is almost assuredly in your hands. The EPA has forced HD to lean them out to an extreme. I can't blame HD for what they did. We want an aircooled bike, and they gave us one. They couldn't produce it unless the bikes meet EPA emissions regulations. HD is between a rock and a hard place on this one. What else could they do?

There are several items on the market you can use to solve the problem caused by the tighter EPA regulations, and prevent having a melt-down. Adding more fuel is the answer. HD can't do it for you. Period. If you do it, your bike will no longer meet EPA emissions, but we don't care about that. Harley has to.

If we b!tch and moan about HD fixing the problem, I hope we can all get use to the look of a radiator on the front of the bike, because that's probably the solution that will be used.

I thinkit is time to stop bashing HD for the lean running motors. Their hand has been forced on this one.

:soapbox:

Chief

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »

Sorry, I'm not bashing HD, I understand their position. I'm concerned about buying the bike and having a motor eat itself.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »

Sorry, I'm not bashing HD, I understand their position. I'm concerned about buying the bike and having a motor eat itself.

Buy the bike, richen it up by the method of your choice and enjoy it.

It really is that simple.

Chief

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »

Thanks, Chief. I really want it, and am gonna have it.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

Thanks, Chief. I really want it, and am gonna have it.
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

In case you missed the hint... good job.

Chief

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.