Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Buying First Pull Behind?  (Read 27357 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Buying First Pull Behind?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »

Harry, the number 1 reason to pull a Bushtec on trips is: :drummer: It makes my wife happy to be able to bring all her things on the trip  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »

Harry, the number 1 reason to pull a Bushtec on trips is: :drummer: It makes my wife happy to be able to bring all her things on the trip  :2vrolijk_21:

I'll go ahead and finish it for you Jim, ".....and to have room to buy even more!".  :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »

I'll go ahead and finish it for you Jim, ".....and to have room to buy even more!".  :nervous:

JC your right I was trying to be politically correct and not mention the shopping word.

By the way just bought a 1999 Turbo + 2 heading to pick it up Tuesday. Owner died in a motorcycle crash a while back. Trailer has seen little use since then by a buddy of his and has sat in a garage covered. Family said time to sell. Has new tires, cooler, chrome tongue, stand, bra, lid with built in spoiler and brake light. Also has the ribs on top with the little spoiler to tie things on top.  Has a few minor scrapes, nothing serious. Paint looks good needs a cleaning has scallops on the lid.  The color looks like the old goldwing 1500 emerald green. Paint scheme appears to have the SE panels. Will be a nice one for someone to use as is or repaint.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:31:56 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »

That's not a bad looking rig, Jim!  I think ACfixer (Lance) here on the site could be interested in a Bushtec one of these days.  He's outside of the LA area, I believe.

Yeah...let's not get started on the "S" word.  Thank goodness for Ebay.  It keeps me out of the boutiques and women's clothing stores.  Patty owned and operated her own boutique/womans clothing and jewelry store for over 20 years and quit the business when I retired 2+ years ago.  That woman knows her turquoise and clothing.  Buys new or like new womens Harley stuff for a dime on the dollar.  Bought a gorgeous $600 HD jacket that looked and smelled new for like just over a $100 if I recall correctly.  She's patient and strikes like a pit viper.  But I could knit her a sweater in the time it takes for her to pick one out in a store.  And I don't knit.

When I feel like pulling her chain a bit (which is often nowadays), I tell her the Bushtec is even big enough that it has room for all her war paint.  Plus changes of boots.  And hats.  And jackets.  And...

Gotta keep Mama happy!   ::)
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »

Harry my wife is very good at deals as well. She doesn't go shopping much but when she does she gets the deals. She has been in working in a boutique since we moved her 12 years ago. Prior to that she was an AQP expanded duty in a dental practice.

This trailer makes it a even bakers dozen of Bushtec's in the last 3 years or so. lol. The ones I have bought and sold are used all through the riding seasons in the respective states they have gone to. Prior to that they all say in garages not being pulled at all.  Many of them travel thousands of miles a year. When this one finds a new home I will look for another one to get back rolling.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »

:-\
A brief read of most of these posts suggest happiness/satisfaction with the addition of a trailer.  Must admit I have never tried one,  but did indeed experience the results of a disaster with one just seconds after it happened some years back at the 100th anniversary of H.D. in Milwaukee.

I'm assuming this guy didn't follow the guidelines for (tongue weight)...........but he was pulling a trailer and the whole rig flipped on the interstate and ended up upside down roadside.  He was down in the middle of the road when I got stopped just after.  Wheels on the bike/trailer were still spinning.

Guy in the car following him said that the trailer started swaying and it just unloaded the rider quickly..............Whole thing spooked me as to using a trailer. :oops:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »

Sounds like something other than a Bushtec.

One of the things about a Bushtec is they don't bounce.....I mean the wheels never leave the ground.  One of the sales demonstrations they'll pick up a Bushtec waist high by the back bumper and drop it.  The wheels never leave the ground.

So unlike those empty trailers that you see bouncing down the highway from white line to white line, Bushtec doesn't bounce like that.  I believe that's what they mean by "Performance Sport Trailer".......handles like a sports car....just hugs the road. :2vrolijk_21:

Any of you guys have Jim's (Chains) number?  If so, would you please give him a call and let him know that I'm trying to get in touch with him.....something I need an answer on right now, please?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »

I agree, JC.  I've had a guy who rode behind me tell me my Bushtec would hop once when I would hit some of the worst junctions between the interstate and a bridge.  But it would only hop once, then it would settle right back down.  I can't remember even feeling it hop, but that's the way their supposed to behave if you hit bad transition seams like that.  It sounds like that guy hit something with one of his trailer wheels and it flipped it, although with a regular trailer ball, I'm left guessing how that could happen.  I suppose a Bushtec could do a complete flip, since the end of the tongue will turn freely 360 degrees.  Naw, this guy hit something really big.  That's the only way it would flip.

IMHO, if you're gonna ride a bike much less pull a trailer, you gotta develop a routine and nail your setup each time you start on a trip.  If you approach it maturely and take your time, you should never have to worry.  The other side of that - and maybe even more importantly - is that you have to drive smarter than when you're not pulling a trailer.  Allow more room in front of you for braking, expect traffic lights to change, practice emergency braking (especially two-up), and in general, be sober about it.  And of course, remember there are two more wheels behind you and give debris in the road plenty of clearance!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 01:02:49 AM »

I pulled a blue Bushtec home this evening.  180 miles round trip and a last minute decision.  Not sure if it would have been considered "maturely" or "smarter" but I got it here in one piece.  :P

West Coast GTG   

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »

Did you just buy it?  What'cha gonna do with it, JC?  That looks like a dark blue with even some purple in it?
Harry

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »

I pulled a blue Bushtec home this evening.  180 miles round trip and a last minute decision.  Not sure if it would have been considered "maturely" or "smarter" but I got it here in one piece.  :P

👍
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2016, 01:08:40 PM »

Looks good JC, good decision.
Almost would match my bike, but I have a Redteck 1 trailer.  ;D

Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »

Harry....yep, bought it last night.  Gonna get it detailed and cleaned up and flip it.  I believe it's a dark blue.....so damn dirty, hard to tell.  It towed that 100 miles home as well as any of the other Bushtecs I've pulled.

Mikey......not to late to step up to a Bushtec.  You know the ol' sayin......when you're at the top of the heap everything else is back down hill.  :huepfenlol2:

By the way Mikey.....thanks a bunch for getting hold of Jim last night...appreciate it!  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »

Harry....yep, bought it last night.  Gonna get it detailed and cleaned up and flip it.  I believe it's a dark blue.....so damn dirty, hard to tell.  It towed that 100 miles home as well as any of the other Bushtecs I've pulled.

Mikey......not to late to step up to a Bushtec.  You know the ol' sayin......when you're at the top of the heap everything else is back down hill.  :huepfenlol2:

By the way Mikey.....thanks a bunch for getting hold of Jim last night...appreciate it!  :2vrolijk_21:

JC, if Mike doesn't want it, shoot a PM to ACfixer (Lance).  He might be interested.  He's up north of you outside of LA, I think.
Harry

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2016, 03:39:06 PM »

Harry,  I was picking. I built the one I want and have over 4000 trouble free miles on it. You will get to see it in Eureka Springs  in May.  But then you may want one, Redtec  that is.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 24 queries.