Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719994 times)

patrickt

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »

One of my all time favorites, when I can find it is Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen....  One very good beer!   

Prefer the pale ales like Sierra Nevada, when I can find it now that I am in Texas.

What is usually in the fridge is Ziegen Bock Amber and few Coors Lights for when my father-in-law comes by.. :^)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »

i'm still doing a stove top partial boil, and ye-old white bucket fermentation system

If you want to improve your quality, get rid of the White bucket and get yourself a couple of Glass carboys instead, much easier to sanitize and doesn't hold or impart flavors or aromas from previous batches.

relax,  Don't worry, have a homebrew  :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 02:37:55 PM »

For some reason, reading this thread makes me thirsty.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Mmmmmmmmmm...... only 2 hours til beer thirty.

Changed the oil in the RK today, so that means at least one extra.  Or 2.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 10:17:37 PM »

Another vote for Fat Tire.  Alaskan Amber and Red Hook also work.  I remember when Grants, the first ever microbrewery opened in Yakima, I'd have Pam pick -up a couple of gallons to take up to the Little Naches where we camped and rode dirt bikes.  I remember several memorable evenings sitting around the campfire bench racing and drinking Grants from gallon jugs.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »

just found a new one i like. if your near chi-town

http://www.gooseisland.com/beers/pop-ups/2_indiapale.html
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »

IPA is great beer.  Have not had one in a while.

Reminded me for some reason of this - have not drank any lately, either.

Anchor Beer

The Steam is the one I drink more than the others.  Old Foghorn is highly hopped.  Porter - not your average beer. 

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:45 PM »

that foghorn sounds good, i  love cascade hops
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »

just found a new one i like. if your near chi-town

http://www.gooseisland.com/beers/pop-ups/2_indiapale.html

I love that place, as a matter of fact I got my "MBA" there.

Master of Beer Appreciation program, they give you a card with all the beers they make, when you get them all checked off you get a certificate and an Goose Island MBA T-shirt

I even have one of their tap handles

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:14:14 AM by EAGLE1 »

twincam

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »

Yea I've been doing it for a while, Designed and Built my own Recalculating Infusion Mash Brewing System (RIMS) with a motorized mash paddle for better grain utilization and thermal stability of the mash.

Here are a few pics of my two level system,

The heart of the system is my custom designed mash tun with motorized mixer
did someone say obssesive compulsive, i'm in denial
 YOU SURE THAT AINT A METH LAB???????????? ;D ;D ;D

The motor is attached to the lid with a two piece drive shaft for easy removal after mashing is completed

It was constructed by using an inverted Guinness keg, because the bung is threaded, it was easy to make a fitting to screw into it and create a conical drain under the false bottom.

Brew day 

the "mash"

the boil

Ahhh the sweet smell of fresh barley & hops, it don't get much better than this.

All commercial beers SUCK!!!!! if I'm not drinking my beer, I'll be at the local Micro! JMHO

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 11:30:08 PM »

YOU SURE THAT AINT A METH LAB???   

I had some kids ride by one day when I was brewing on the driveway ask me the same thing  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

twincam

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »

I had some kids ride by one day when I was brewing on the driveway ask me the same thing  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
WELL..... IT DOES LOOK LIKE YOU COULD BLOW THE WHOLE NEIBORHOOD UP WITH THAT RIG.......... I SUPPOSE YOU KEEP YOUR HELMET, KNEEPADS, SHOULDER PADS, TEETHPROTECTOR, GLOVES , AND CHAPS ON WHEN YOU ARE OPERATING RIGHT??????????????? :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »

WELL..... IT DOES LOOK LIKE YOU COULD BLOW THE WHOLE NEIBORHOOD UP WITH THAT RIG.......... I SUPPOSE YOU KEEP YOUR HELMET, KNEEPADS, SHOULDER PADS, TEETHPROTECTOR, GLOVES , AND CHAPS ON WHEN YOU ARE OPERATING RIGHT??????????????? :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

naw, actually I enjoy brewin naked  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 07:20:12 AM »

naw, actually I enjoy brewin naked  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Weird, sometimes after I drink 1 more than enough brews I wake up nekkid.

Full disclosure:  I have never met Eagle 1, seen him naked, or woke up naked anywhere in his vicinity.  So get your minds out of the gutter. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »

Living in Colorado, there's a lot of local breweries to choose from. I like darker full bodied beers and IPA. Boulder's hazed and Infused is a great IPA thats dry hopped to give it more hop aroma and taste. I drink Fat Tire as a standard beer, but I also homebrew, but been so busy this winter I haven't had time, takes about 8 hours if you use all grain mash. I made a Whiskey Stout that came out really well, it mimics a stout that is fermented in an old whiskey barrel, I fermented it with sterilized oak chips in the carboy, and added a cup of whiskey to each 5 gal of beer.

Hey Eagle1, what type of in-line heater are you using for your RIMS system. You built a top quality job on your system! I've seen keg conversions that were bought from companies that don't look near as good as your's. How long did it take you to polish up the kegs like that?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »

Living in Colorado, there's a lot of local breweries to choose from. I like darker full bodied beers and IPA. Boulder's hazed and Infused is a great IPA thats dry hopped to give it more hop aroma and taste. I drink Fat Tire as a standard beer, but I also homebrew, but been so busy this winter I haven't had time, takes about 8 hours if you use all grain mash. I made a Whiskey Stout that came out really well, it mimics a stout that is fermented in an old whiskey barrel, I fermented it with sterilized oak chips in the carboy, and added a cup of whiskey to each 5 gal of beer.

Hey Eagle1, what type of in-line heater are you using for your RIMS system. You built a top quality job on your system! I've seen keg conversions that were bought from companies that don't look near as good as your's. How long did it take you to polish up the kegs like that?

My local Micro does a "Bourbon barrel stout" which he aged in oak  Bourbon barrels, its to die for  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
since i am good friends with the Master Brewer he is willing to loan me one so I can replicate  :bananarock: :bananarock:

I had a 2500W water heater element in a 2in stainless pipe which was in-line, but it caused scorching issues so I dumped it and I fire from below, much simpler and just as easy to maintain temp once I got use to dialing it in,
I was going to digitally control it but right now this is too easy.

the kegs took about a day each to buff up the outsides, I also polished the inside bottom of my boiler to a mirror finish for easy cleanup, I found a water based 10,000 grit automotive buffing compound called Nicsand which did a incredible job.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 298

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 26 queries.