Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: S&S PowerTune cross under head pipe for pre-09 bikes 550-0003A  (Read 2268 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: S&S PowerTune cross under head pipe for pre-09 bikes 550-0003A
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 09:55:39 AM »

Finally got all the parts here a couple weeks ago.  The pipes were expensive.  Two beers, really good burgers, onion rings, fries and potato skins; and round trip fuel (and a really fun day).  Need to buy parts like that more often  :drink: .

Everything installed a couple days ago.  With the slip ons off the CVO Street Glide and the Powertune duals my first reaction was to just how incredibly quiet compared to the old Fatcats that came off.  Quickly came to like it.  Can hear mechanicals, engine sounds, all kinds of things never did before.  300-ish miles on the new exhaust so far and have gotten used to it and like it a lot. 

An unexpected benefit is riders comfort.  Pipes are nowhere near my legs now.  The bowlegged straddle required of the right leg by the FatCats is a thing of the past.  Can stand with a normal posture on the saddle and don't come close to the pipes.  I'm a fan; and I really like the look of the duals tucked inside the extended saddlebags.  It's all symmetric again!
I have the same problem with the Boarzilla. D&D followed Drago and tucked that rear pipe in now so guess we bought our pipes to early. I have the burn scars on back of right leg from it as well.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: S&S PowerTune cross under head pipe for pre-09 bikes 550-0003A
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 10:51:05 AM »

I have the same problem with the Boarzilla. D&D followed Drago and tucked that rear pipe in now so guess we bought our pipes to early. I have the burn scars on back of right leg from it as well.

Me too.  Hard to avoid.  The Road Glide had FatCat on it also.  It's been there even longer.  To this day will still occasionally get me.  Have a set of Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1 to go on that one when there's time to do some other work.  Have been told that one gives more room also.  I hope so.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.