Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: yuill brothers ?  (Read 3827 times)

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
yuill brothers ?
« on: December 02, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

has anyone tried the pipes from Yuill Brothers  ?

they have a different look and are supposed to make a lot of power without so much noise.

any comments are always appreciated

thx
                                                                               wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: yuill brothers ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »

There are a couple of members (I believe "ak" is one of them) here that have tried them, and one member (hd-dude) here has installed a few sets hopefully they will see this and respond.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »

I have them on my 04 SEEG.  They still have some thump but are not obnoxiously loud like the Thunderheader on my 05.  When you grab a handful, they are about as loud as the Rhineharts, but quieter when cruising.  As for performance, I had a Thunderheader on my 04 and swapped it for the Yuill pipes.  Ran 2 pulls on the dyno before swapping the pipes, then changed pipes and re-dyno'd.  Got similar HP & Torque #'s with both sets of pipes.  The big difference was below 3,000 RPM.  The Thunderheader has a big torque dip where the Yuill pipes did not.  I'd recommend the pipes.  Hope this helps!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

Was the guinea pig for the 08's and love them on the ultra.  For comparison I have the original freedom pipes on an 04 SEEG and the new pipes are just as good and quite a bite quieter.  I tow a lot trailer on long trips and my ears don't ring after a long day of riding, they have a 20 degree turn out at the tip.  And you couldn't deal with nicer people.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »

I have sold and installed several sets, Everyone has been happy with them. Different to look at but they really grow on you 8)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »

Here is a before & after shot.....  Well maybe not, this was actually taken for a tour pack comparison shot but it shows the pipes also.

Thes 2 SE's are identical motor wise,  except for the pipes.  Mine with SE Slip ons makes 94hp & 101 lbft torque.  My buddys with the Freedoms makes 101 hp & 100 lbft torque.  I did a noise comparison with a decible meter.  They were within 2db of each other, measured at 25' to the rear and 30 degrees off each side standing still.  The big difference is travelling down the road.  The riders space is much quieter with the Freedoms, the 20 degree out really makes a differenc there.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

I've never heard of them, checked out their web site. they have some interesting products, nice looking exhaust systems and excellent customer testimonials. Worth keeping an eye on   :2vrolijk_21:

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 12:12:01 AM »

I have 2 sets on B/B Seeg and O/B Seeg  there great... waiting for Brad to come up with cam and pipes for the 09 roadglide , WHen he does that will make 3 sets.. I,m sold on this product--AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »

I have them on my 05 SEEG.  They still have some thump but are not obnoxious.  When you grab a handful, they are about as loud as the Rhineharts, but quieter when cruising. When i first saw them didn't like them at all but as time went on they grew on me!

Don..........

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 07:31:49 AM »

thanks for all the info    ...    when you're slow like me everything helps
                                                                                                   THX

wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

I've never heard of them, checked out their web site. they have some interesting products, nice looking exhaust systems and excellent customer testimonials. Worth keeping an eye on   :2vrolijk_21:

Brad (Yuill) makes bolt in gear drive cams for that SEEG of yours.  Actually, I think he makes the gear drive cams for all the CVOs.

They've been very supportive of the CVO Owners in providing aftermarket parts for the CVOs and have attended some of our GTGs and have even been to some of our homes.  Here's a link to a photo that I took in 2005 in their parking lot.....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=3325.msg43079#msg43079
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.