Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Mechanically Challenged" needs tips on OEM Baffle Removal and Fullsac Install!!  (Read 1671 times)

cus

• Junior CVO Member

"Mechanically Challenged" needs tips on OEM Baffle Removal and Fullsac Install!!
 :worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

cus

• Junior CVO Member

:oops:Sorry - did not intend so many smileys - wonder why I got 3 sets?  I did a search on key words like "baffle" "fullsac", etc - but could not get a link.  I know I saw a link with step by step of removing and installing the Fullsac baffles with pix and Steve is taking the weekend off!  Thanks!!

screamin09

i just put the 2.25" baffles in mine , along with new header pipe, what i can tell you is, its not that bad with 2 people. take the mufflers off, take end caps off, look in the the end and you will see the 2 spot welds. take grinder and grind down the welds but be careful as not to go to far and damage the outside, take your time,  once the weild are down far enough, tap the baffle from the other side and should pop out, try to keep muffler wrapped so you dont scratch it. keep packing material in pipe when you put in new baffle, this is how i did it, hope it helps some what. brian

cus

• Junior CVO Member

Success!  :2vrolijk_21: The mechanically challenged was able to swap the baffles.  IMHO the key part is the right tootol tfor grinding the welds on the oem baffles.  I tried a dremel tool but very slow and difficult.  The air grinder with Vermont American "rotary file" available at ACE hardward (stock number 116677) made it fast and easy.

Now - how do I take the left side cover off to program the ECM?

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never

The side cover justs pulls off.  Doc

cus

• Junior CVO Member

Have not seen a side cover like that since my old Honda!  I am guessing the plug I connect the laptop to is the top left?  If I can pull this off, will be hard proof ANYONE can do this!

ragrep

• Full CVO Member
  • 2009 FLTRSE3

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3

Hey Cus- what size baffles did you go with? How did you like the sound? Which FI tuner did you go with?
2009 FLTRSE3
2" Fullsac Baffles
PowerCommander PC5
Progressive 440HD shocks
KW 8" windshield

2006 TMC Springer
SE 103"B - HQ39 Cams
SE Heavy Breather

2006 Custom Bobber Hardtail
80" Super Stock Evo
SS heads, SS 561 cam, Super G carb, TD aircleaner
DynaTek DF Ignition

2008 BMW R1200GSA

2007 Suzuki DR650

cus

• Junior CVO Member

I went 2.0 inch baffles, but have not installed yet - will update on the sound or drop a video clip.  I am looking for help in installing the TTS software

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost

Hey Cus, slow down before you get in trouble. I know you want it all now but you can do some damage. take the time to read through all the post here
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

donald266

SERG 09 Yellow Owner... also mechanically challenged... looking for a "good" reliable mechanic in the Austin Texas area to help remove Cat, add fulsac baffles and get the heat off my right leg... any thoughts?
I also plan to install SERT (assuming this is an acronym for Race turner) at the dealership after that.  Is there anything that I should be aware of or suggest to the dealer mechanics that at least remotely sound like I know what the frig I'm talking about?

thanks all
Don

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others

SERG 09 Yellow Owner... also mechanically challenged... looking for a "good" reliable mechanic in the Austin Texas area to help remove Cat, add fulsac baffles and get the heat off my right leg... any thoughts?
I also plan to install SERT (assuming this is an acronym for Race turner) at the dealership after that.  Is there anything that I should be aware of or suggest to the dealer mechanics that at least remotely sound like I know what the frig I'm talking about?

thanks all
Don

Welcome!
I suggest you take some time and do a search on here for step by step instructions and photos of what others have done. This way you can take pictures to your welder/mechanic to explain what you want done.
There are also others  here that will "do it all" for you, just takes about a week.
You may want to check out the Fullsac.com website for more info. Steve is easy to deal with.
Do some homework before you start throwing money around, check with others here on what works, what does not, what your goals are (like the heat issue!).
I hope this helps.
Mike
HOGMIKE

donald266

Thanks Mike,
I follow this group pretty closely, talked to Steve Fulsac, but the weakest link is finding a tech or wrench turner that has the skills and doesn't charge the dealership prices... first steps are getting "guru" type advice from guys like you... appreciate it.
Don

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.