Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "WHERE?" does the TTS connect connect to the ECM? Frustrated!  (Read 1713 times)

cus

• Junior CVO Member

I removed the ECM per the manual (under the seat)  I do not see a mate between the TTS software cable and the ECM???

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Re: "WHERE?" does the TTS connect connect to the ECM? Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »

As far as I know, Zipper's Thundermax is the only one that replaces the factory ECM...

Any one else got some ideas or comments?    :nixweiss:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »

What bike do you have
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

The connection is under the left side cover.  It has a plug in it.  It will be obvious.  Also, when you get to the part that says "ignition on", that means both the run switch, and ignition.  Go to file menue, and select save map.  Follow directions to save your bike's original map.  Then go ahead and load your file.  Last tip, make sure all of your software is updated.  20 minutes! 

ASSUMING you are talking about the 2009

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »

dragon is correct, wont be hard to figure out which duetch connector to use.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »

Depending on year and model the connector will be under the side cover or the seat. It can be either side cover as the 2008 and up are under the left side cover and the 2007 and down are under the right side cover. Softail's are under the seat most of the time while V-rods are under the cover in front of the air cleaner housing. HD was not about to make them all the same.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

cus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »

I found what appears to be the connector Under the seat.  I have a 09 CUSE.  I am still having problems with the pc talking to the bike.  I am troubleshooting the communications.  I'll check to see if there is a connector under the left side cover.  thanks all.  Funny you need to be good with a PC to get your bike to run...

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »

I found what appears to be the connector Under the seat.  I have a 09 CUSE.  I am still having problems with the pc talking to the bike.  I am troubleshooting the communications.  I'll check to see if there is a connector under the left side cover.  thanks all.  Funny you need to be good with a PC to get your bike to run...

If you check the "help" files, contents, there is a step by step instructions on how to use the program. If you are looking for anything specific, use the "index" or "search" box.
You can also call Steve C. at TTS. I'm sure he can answer all your issues. This program is way over MY head, but, there are people on here that can really help.
Good luck!
HOGMIKE

cus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »

SON OF A XXXXX!  It is the connector under left side panel.  There is an identical connector next to the ECM under the seat.  When I plugged into the side connector, everything went smoothly!  THANKS to all.  I'll treat ya'll to a video / sound clip if I can figure out how to attach it to a message.  Now that I've done it once, it does seem to be quite simple.  For the first timers, a little advice like on this post goes a LONG way!

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:33:05 PM »

The one under the seat of the 08 SERK is the accessory plug, the ECM plug is under the left side cover.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 12:22:08 AM »

Finding the plug and getting it to talk to your computer is the first baby step. To get a good tune you need to spend a fair amount of time reading all the help files in the 3 programs and it doesn't hurt to get hours and hours of experience v-tuning your bikes. I guess it also helps to talk to Steve Cole once in a while. I always learn new things after speaking with him. My last conversation, two days ago, he was very generous and gave me about 20 minutes on the phone. I got several issues clarified, even though I've owned and tuned 4 bikes with TTS software and dongles over the past year. The more I use the TTS tuning products, the greater my appreciation and admiration of it is.

Randall

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 24 queries.