Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: '13 CVO Ultra 110th Exhaust -  (Read 5714 times)

daveinhouston

'13 CVO Ultra 110th Exhaust -
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »

I'm sure this is a well worn topic but I need some advice. Bought a new 2013 CVO Ultra 110th a few weeks ago, will hit 1,000 miles soon and going to change the exhaust. Those cats have got to go! If I could stand the quiet exhaust I couldn't stand the heat of those cats.
Anyway have pretty much decided I want the V&H Power Duals and the 4" Rineharts. I like what I hear about the Fullsac set-up but really like the sound and look of the Rineharts. Went to the Harley shop today and got a quote on the install:

V&H 1802-260 Head Pipes   $519.99
                                    KIT-EFI Super Tuner 32109-08C   $459.99
                                            Rinehart 4" Slip-ons 500-0102   $649.99
                                                                          Labor   $658.00
                                                                        Supplies   $50.00
                                                                             Tax   $138.60
                                                                           Total           $2,476.57
Holy Crap! I'm a pretty good wrench so I'm going to buy the parts and install them myself. I'm not hung up on the V&H header pipe so if the Fullsac is a good option someone speak up. Also the shop told me you have to dyno the bike after install to set it up right. Sounds like BS to me but I could be wrong. I've got to believe most 110" CVOs are about the same and there should be mapping that works or at least gets me close enough to ride until I can get it dynoed.
At any rate I'd appreciate advice on good prices on the parts and thoughts on the header pipe and tuner.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
Re: '13 CVO Ultra 110th Exhaust -
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »

Also check out these header pipes.

http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

sesto123

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Flhrse5
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »

I went with the full sac sport pipe (399-120 when you return your head pipe) v&h hi outputs a SE tuner and a new air intake before I  took delivery.  They charged me 3 hrs ($282)and put a Harley map on the tuner.  When I  get to 1000, I will bring it in for a dyno.  Dyno at my shop runs $320. Does your price above include the dyno tune?

daveinhouston

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

I went with the full sac sport pipe (399-120 when you return your head pipe) v&h hi outputs a SE tuner and a new air intake before I  took delivery.  They charged me 3 hrs ($282)and put a Harley map on the tuner.  When I  get to 1000, I will bring it in for a dyno.  Dyno at my shop runs $320. Does your price above include the dyno tune?

Their price does include the dyno tune. I've found a source for the headers and slip-ons and can save a couple hundred bucks on them. I need to decide which tuner to use. A friend is recommending the Power Commander. The Dynojet Power Vision looks pretty cool too. I'll have 1000 miles on the bike in another couple of weeks and will go get the bike serviced. I'll probably put the exhaust on myself after that.
The tech at the Harley shop was trying to convince me to change cams with the pipes and get over 100 hp. I told him I just sold my old '01 Bagger with a 120 Merch with 118 dynoed horsepower so I wasn't impressed with his 100hp. They talk to everyone like you're a dumb ass.

daveinhouston

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »

Their price does include the dyno tune. I've found a source for the headers and slip-ons and can save a couple hundred bucks on them. I need to decide which tuner to use. A friend is recommending the Power Commander. The Dynojet Power Vision looks pretty cool too. I'll have 1000 miles on the bike in another couple of weeks and will go get the bike serviced. I'll probably put the exhaust on myself after that.
The tech at the Harley shop was trying to convince me to change cams with the pipes and get over 100 hp. I told him I just sold my old '01 Bagger with a 120 Merch with 118 dynoed horsepower so I wasn't impressed with his 100hp. They talk to everyone like you're a dumb ass.

I have heard great things about the Power Commander
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »

You might want to talk with Fulsac about there full package. Many here are running them with great results reported with NO dyno tune. Might be able to save yourself a few bucks going this route.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »

I'm sure this is a well worn topic but I need some advice. Bought a new 2013 CVO Ultra 110th a few weeks ago, will hit 1,000 miles soon and going to change the exhaust. Those cats have got to go! If I could stand the quiet exhaust I couldn't stand the heat of those cats.
Anyway have pretty much decided I want the V&H Power Duals and the 4" Rineharts. I like what I hear about the Fullsac set-up but really like the sound and look of the Rineharts. Went to the Harley shop today and got a quote on the install:

V&H 1802-260 Head Pipes   $519.99
                                    KIT-EFI Super Tuner 32109-08C   $459.99
                                            Rinehart 4" Slip-ons 500-0102   $649.99
                                                                          Labor   $658.00
                                                                        Supplies   $50.00
                                                                             Tax   $138.60
                                                                           Total           $2,476.57
Holy Crap! I'm a pretty good wrench so I'm going to buy the parts and install them myself. I'm not hung up on the V&H header pipe so if the Fullsac is a good option someone speak up. Also the shop told me you have to dyno the bike after install to set it up right. Sounds like BS to me but I could be wrong. I've got to believe most 110" CVOs are about the same and there should be mapping that works or at least gets me close enough to ride until I can get it dynoed.
At any rate I'd appreciate advice on good prices on the parts and thoughts on the header pipe and tuner.

Before you pull the trigger on that $2500 upgrade, give Steve @ Fullsac a call 928-505-2912 and discuss what you are looking for.
http://www.fullsac.com/
He will advise you in what works and something YOU would be satisfied with. He has many customers that are happy with their builds for less money.
Ultimately, it's up to YOU to decide what to do, just do your homework and be happy with the results. Too many keep changing pipes, tuners, maps, etc etc.
Do it ONCE and enjoy your ride!
JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:08 AM »

the other plus for Fullsac and Jackpot is you use the stock heat shields so from the outside it appears you still have the stock exhaust ... a good thing with the new regulations coming up
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

Yikes!! Don't pay MSRP from the dealer on that stuff.

I run the Fullsac b head pipe and Rinehart 4" mufflers. I used to have the Fullsac baffles but wanted more sound, which I got with the Rineharts.

If I were you, I would first pick up the Rineharts from Eastern Performance of Direct Harley Parts, and you will pay around $430.00

Then, go for the Fullsac or Jackpot head pipe. I'd go Fullsac because while you're ordering from him, get the TTS tuner and Steve will provide you a map for free that you can easily download yourself, and will be spot on or at least close enough that you won't have to get a dyno tune.

Finally, do the work yourself or find a good Indy mechanic near you. If you don't know of a good Indy shop, ask around here.

I guarantee you will spend half of what the stealer is quoting you, and you will be happy with the results.

As far as cams, my personal opinion is wait until you rack up like 15-25 thousand miles before you do the cam. Reason being is that I see a lot that are not happy with their cam choices, as far as just a cam swap goes. If you were going to take the heads off to slip in a thinner gasket, then you may as well be at the point where the engine could use a re-hone/ring job, headwork, etc. I just don't think the cam is worth it on it's own unless you plan on doing the other preventative maintenance stuff while you're in there.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

montess408

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »

Like many others on this forum I have joined the Fullsac owners association. C header pipe, 2 inch cores and TTS mastertune. First benefit lower price for the package, 1,048$. Tested and proven ecm map. Just finished installation last night. Love the sound, hope to get out tomorrow and see how much of the heat issue is resolved.

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

I put the Fullsac system on mine with catless header and 2"baffles along with TTS Mastertune a little over a year ago and I love it! I think the sound gets better the more miles you put on it!  Steve sent me the program and I was able to hook up my computer and reprogram with TTS Mastertune.  It was very easy and no problems since installing.  I get between 45-51 mpg and did I mention that the heat was reduced significantly on my thigh. I think I gave around $800 complete with free labor (mine) on the install.  I would highly recommend this set up to anyone!

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »

dont do the power commander where you disable the o2 sensors completely

you WILL regret it eventually

on pre 02 bikes and bikes that only get ridden local it wont matter

to

daveinhouston

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »

Thanks guys. You've definitely given me a lot of food for thought. I'm going to put a few more miles on the bike and make a decision after the 1,000 mile check-up. thanks again.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 07:39:05 AM »

S.E.Chic, X2 on what you said. Only difference I have the 1.75 baffles and S.E./K&N high flow air cleaner. Runs great and best of all after Steve's download, no dyno needed. If you put in a Steve's map and your bike runs as good as mine does definitely leave well enough alone and forget the dyno. Is all that money worth a couple of HP&Torque.? Not really.JMHO CAHDBIKER

I put the Fullsac system on mine with catless header and 2"baffles along with TTS Mastertune a little over a year ago and I love it! I think the sound gets better the more miles you put on it!  Steve sent me the program and I was able to hook up my computer and reprogram with TTS Mastertune.  It was very easy and no problems since installing.  I get between 45-51 mpg and did I mention that the heat was reduced significantly on my thigh. I think I gave around $800 complete with free labor (mine) on the install.  I would highly recommend this set up to anyone!

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »

Dave,  Been there as well. Just installed a complete Fullsac system with 2.25 baffles and its PERFECT! Enough said you can spend more but can't get any better. i just installed mine last week and its great. 100's of people can't be wrong. exhaust and Freedom windshield and you will be set.

Good luck

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited Custom Paint
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Anniversary
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO Convert
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »

Fullsac C xpipe header and 2" cores......the OEM stealth look and could not be happierr.

Mr Bad

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »

I am in the same boat in which I just bought the 13 RK. I pretty much decided to go with the Fullsac pipes also. Now I am even secon guessing if I have to do a tuner at all.
Many people on this site said you dont have to and thought I may try it without first and can always add it. Also I am getting that adding any tuner including SE it can void the warranty which doesnt seem to make anymore sense than just changing the pipes technically voids the warranty also.
Any thoughts out there because I am driving myself nuts also because I dont want the heat next summer either. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

I am in the same boat in which I just bought the 13 RK. I pretty much decided to go with the Fullsac pipes also. Now I am even secon guessing if I have to do a tuner at all.
Many people on this site said you dont have to and thought I may try it without first and can always add it. Also I am getting that adding any tuner including SE it can void the warranty which doesnt seem to make anymore sense than just changing the pipes technically voids the warranty also.
Any thoughts out there because I am driving myself nuts also because I dont want the heat next summer either. 

If you change the headpipe, you will definitely need a tuner. You may get by if you only put the cores in the mufflers to make it louder...the ECM can compensate for SMALL changes like that, but it cannot compensate for removing the catalytic converter. The bike will be WAY too lean without a tuning device.  You can get the complete Fullsac Stage I, which includes the X pipe, cores of your choice, and TTS tuner for less than $1100.  Steve at Fullsac will also provide you with a map for the setup that is very likely to be all you'll ever need, so you avoid having to get a dyno tune.  If you have basic tools and a laptop you can do the installation yourself.  Technically speaking, it could effect your warranty, but that is dependent on any given dealership you might have to work with the event of a failure of some kind.  It won't be related to the Fullsac system, but if your dealer wants to be a horses's ass about it, it's possible you could have troubles.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 24 queries.