Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the 2017 FLHTKSE come with a WHIM??  (Read 822 times)

sargergp

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
Does the 2017 FLHTKSE come with a WHIM??
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:16:34 AM »

I'll apologize in advance if there is already a thread that addresses this issue but I didn't find one.

Trying to get my audio all setup and going on my new ride and can't get the new HD 20S EVO headsets to pair to the bike. The dealer folks say the bike (2017 CVO Limited) came from the factory with the WHIM but the menu doesn't have an option to setup(pair) wireless headsets. I've even looked for the WHIM device behind the outer fairing by the radio head unit where it should be and don't see it. Does anyone here have a photo of it installed or know for sure if my ride came with it?
Old enough to know better, but don't really give a D@Mb :-)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Does the 2017 FLHTKSE come with a WHIM??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »

I'll apologize in advance if there is already a thread that addresses this issue but I didn't find one.

Trying to get my audio all setup and going on my new ride and can't get the new HD 20S EVO headsets to pair to the bike. The dealer folks say the bike (2017 CVO Limited) came from the factory with the WHIM but the menu doesn't have an option to setup(pair) wireless headsets. I've even looked for the WHIM device behind the outer fairing by the radio head unit where it should be and don't see it. Does anyone here have a photo of it installed or know for sure if my ride came with it?

The WHIM was first installed on the FLHTKSE for the 2018 model year, not in 2017.  You can verify that by looking at the parts catalog for each year, the 2018 shows it under the sound system, the 2017 does not.  You can further verify by looking at the loose parts category for each year, the 2017 came with the standard headset while the 2018 came with the bluetooth headsets.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

NH Bulldog

• Full CVO Member
    • NH

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Re: Does the 2017 FLHTKSE come with a WHIM??
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 02:47:41 PM »

my 2017 does not have the WHIM.  It came with two wired headsets.  The WHIM was not introduced until the 2018 model year.  For what it's worth, there is a pretty even split of opinions on whether it is worth adding/using, with current leanings being towards "don't bother".   
2017 CVO Limited - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue with Wicked Sapphire
Red Knights MAL

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.