Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Zumo Newbie Questions  (Read 30199 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Zumo Newbie Questions
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »

Howie....if you've got an AUX in on your new radio set up, you'll need the patch cord d00d mentioned, if you want to load MP3's on the Zumo and have the option of playing them when you want to listen to the directions and the music at the same time, or just he directions.

Thanks Terry. I guess I'll only need a patch cord if I'm gonna hook up an I-pod or other MP-3 to the Zumo. The Zumo/XM will be the only source mounted on the bike. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »

I just placed my order for another one.  :-[ har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
I have not received a response from the guy, have you?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 01:27:16 PM »

I have not received a response from the guy, have you?
Yep.  1st you recieve the automated reply and then once he recieves your payment he'll send it to you.  Takes awhile to get all that to and from the Netherlands.  But, so far he's been very good.  I wish I'd ordered more than one the 1st time.  It really addresses a need as you don't want to walk away and leave something on your scooter that's worth that much $$$ and so easy to rip off.  So, this makes it much easier to remove and re-attach.  You're gonna love the Zumo.  :-* har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:48 PM »

Zumo 550 is the way to go, I've had one for a year now. Used it on a cross country trip this summer from Miami to Wilmington, Del to Portland, OR. Worked great has mp3 and XM radio, weather proof too. Comes loaded with all of North America, no CD to upload  for different regions.  Only things missing was info on HD dealers or motorcyle dealers, I called Garmin ask how could you put a product out for motorcycles and not have a directory motorcycle dealers.  it seems a company called Navteq provides this info they come out in future updates. Not recommended, but is easy to use while riding. Screen is visible in all light conditions.     
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »

Zumo 550 is the way to go, I've had one for a year now. Used it on a cross country trip this summer from Miami to Wilmington, Del to Portland, OR. Worked great has mp3 and XM radio, weather proof too. Comes loaded with all of North America, no CD to upload  for different regions.  Only things missing was info on HD dealers or motorcyle dealers, I called Garmin ask how could you put a product out for motorcycles and not have a directory motorcycle dealers.  it seems a company called Navteq provides this info they come out in future updates. Not recommended, but is easy to use while riding. Screen is visible in all light conditions.     
You can get a list of H-D dealers that you can install in your Zumo as POI's (Points of Interest) here - Harley Dealers POI's USA/Canada/Mexico. This will require you to install the POI Loader for Windows so that you will be able to download them to your Zumo.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »

Tell Santa  :santa2: to check PCNation.com for what seems to be the lowest price.  CheapUncle.com will help search for the lowest price but the one listed at under $600 did not come up on the company's web site that low.

Nelson
Yep, thats where I ... ooops I mean Santa ordered from. As of Saturday 11/24 PCNation still had the best price at $621. The under $600 that I belive you refer to was not recommended according to the zumo forum
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3379.0

Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »

Yep, thats where I ... ooops I mean Santa ordered from. As of Saturday 11/24 PCNation still had the best price at $621. The under $600 that I belive you refer to was not recommended according to the zumo forum
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3379.0

Bret
It has been a while since I was on the Zumo Forum.  It was the first time I had used CheapUncle for a search.  Frankly, whenever I see a camera store selling on-line for GPS or Radars etc, I usually don't even bother pulling them up.  Sort of the "bait and switch" routine.  "What! You don't want our "package deal"?  Oh wait, I'm sorry we just sold out of that particular GPS unit..." Click :-\

Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 12:00:30 AM »

Hey gang, lemme know if I screwed this up. I ordered the Zumo 550 with the GXM 30 XM Smart Antenna, and a 8GB SDHC Flash Card. Should'a confirmed it before ordering it. Is the 8GB card OK with this? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »

Hey gang, lemme know if I screwed this up. I ordered the Zumo 550 with the GXM 30 XM Smart Antenna, and a 8GB SDHC Flash Card. Should'a confirmed it before ordering it. Is the 8GB card OK with this? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

That's a lot of songs.  A LOT of songs  :huepfenlol2: .

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 12:29:23 AM »

Hoist! 8)

Just did a quick search and found that people are using the 8GB SDHC card.  You should be ok.  See>> http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3190.msg25810#msg25810

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2007, 12:34:50 AM »

Just did a quick search and found that people are using the 8GB SDHC card.  You should be ok.  See>> http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3190.msg25810#msg25810

Thanks Rich. I just looked it over. what the hell does this mean? Do I gotta buy something else now too? :nixweiss:

From that zumoforum thread:
"I have a Kingston 8 gb card, did have to use an adapter or reader in the usb port that allows me to write to it. It was not expensive and is sometimes offered with the card. It will need to be formated fat32 to work."

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2007, 12:36:44 AM »

That's a lot of songs.  A LOT of songs  :huepfenlol2: .
I bet he's gonna watch a slide show as he slides down the highways.  :coolblue: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2007, 01:01:33 AM »

I bet he's gonna watch a slide show as he slides down the highways.  :coolblue: har!  :drink: spyder

I'll probably have XM on all the time too! ;D ;D ;D

Hey, that Zumo Forum looks like this one! That made it easy! How's the people over there? Are they as nice as us? ::)

Hoist! 8)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2007, 01:06:13 AM »

Thanks Rich. I just looked it over. what the hell does this mean? Do I gotta buy something else now too? :nixweiss:

"I have a Kingston 8 gb card, did have to use an adapter or reader in the usb port that allows me to write to it. It was not expensive and is sometimes offered with the card. It will need to be formated fat32 to work."

Hoist! 8)

You shouldn't need anything else. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:16 AM »

Hoist! 8)

No extra hardware for the formatting itself.  You'll control that through software.  Whether you'll need the adapter or not will depend on whether your computer has a slot for the kind of memory card you're using.  If it has no card slots you'll need an (inexpensive) external reader that will plug in to a USB port.  None of this is a big deal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.