Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ipod = LAME  (Read 2811 times)

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
Ipod = LAME
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:09:40 AM »

I can't sleep at night, I need to vent.  Ipod Nano has to be the lamest thing on my bike.  I would rather have a gift card, a dream catcher, or just told "Your on your own, buy your own device".  Is that the best Harley can do?  Thanks for letting me vent.  If your wondering I am 31, I know my dad would be lost if I gave him an Ipod Nano.  I have a Convertible.

Retro 11

Re: Ipod = LAME
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »

I am 72 and I agree with you,It is lame,would have liked a built in cb.
           Retro 11

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »

The sad part is the mindset that convinced the folks at H-D that the addition of an iPod would be important to sales or corporate profits.  I for one can't ever remember buying a specific vehicle just because it came standard with a particular audio device.  It might make a tiny bit of sense if they were offering something unique that you can't buy elsewhere, but even an old guy like me is pretty familiar with iPod's these days (I've got three at the moment).  I'd much rather see Harley spend their money, time, and effort on improving the mechanical bits and pieces so the products do a better job at what we buy them for.  If I just want to listen to tunes, I don't need a Harley for that.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:24 AM »

is the harley set up lame?  Ipod, Itouch, and apple period is the best of the best?  Never ever heard anyone call anything Apple related lame?  I considered adding the Ipod interface but i was cautious on how it would work and if it was worth the money?  I have the Zumo on my bike with the Mp3 player and i just use that, but it would be nice to have all the benefits of the Ipod
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »

I don't think it is a lame addition at all. Look at all the car radios with IPOD interfaces.....they are everywhere. It's also nice to be able to store the IPOD in the bags and control it through the radio rather than have it on the bars. Would I buy a bike JUST for that--no....but it's a nice addition.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »

Ok, I personally like the iPod interface but I think that the iPod the bike came with is still in the box. 8 GB won't even load a decent sample of music, it is unfortunate that I can't use my big iPod since it is not solid state so I run the 32 GB touch, with another 32 GB in the GPS planned. I don't go to the bike to listen to music but if I am on a ride I like to have my options, Metal, Rock, Country, Blues, SKA, or just the wind.

BTW: I have an iPod interface in my car and my RV that came standard as well so the only difference is that the Glide actually came with an iPod.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

Personally, I like the Nano on my new SERGU.  The only problem I've had is ripping enough songs from my CD's to load on the Nano.  I've never had a Nano type device before, so perhaps I'm naive about it, but it seems to work for me and holds enough music for my purposes.  The Nano certainly was not what made me purchase the bike though...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

doode

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Crimson Mist/Dark Slate
    • CVO2: 2006 CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod - SOLD
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »

If anyone wants to sell me their Harley Nano.....PM me. I'll take it off your hands.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »

I was going to say, toss one to me! 

I think next to upgrading to the J&M's top of the line speakers, adding the Nano with the Ridersclaw was one of the best 'mods' I did!  Sure the CD is a tiny bit better, but I rip all of my CD's to high quality MP3, and it sounds great - 100 times better than XM and the FM.  With the HO 160w Amp, the J&M 7.25"s really crank and sounds fantastic.

Could it be that stereo contraption they put together on the convertables? I was looking at one the other day and the speakers are tiny. I can't fathom it sounding all that good?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »

My music is played through my smart phone to my truck, home, or CVO.  Slacker radio is ok but when you stream the music, it skips sometimes to catch up.

Point being, Harley could have done a better job.

I just tossed the nano to my sister.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

Do you really think streaming radio is better quality than a low compression MP3?

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:48:18 PM »

Slacker radio is ok but when you stream the music, it skips sometimes to catch up.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »

Well, seems you really didn't take the time to understand the logic behind this all if you think 64k max online Slacker is comparible to 192K to 320K local MP3.

I guess my question is, what exactly did you expect?? Harley cannot possibly outperform the existing source technology? I'm not sure exactly what you are complaining about, but if you think Slacker has better quality than the Nano is capable of, you are 100% wrong. If you are saying anything coming out of the convertable system sounds crappy, Um, look at it? Again, what did you expect with 2" speakers? Might be able to do some minor upgrades, but it is, what it is.  If you wanted a decent radio, you should have gotten something with the space for the required electronics - Like an Ultra. the entire objective of the convertable was minimalization.

Good luck.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 05:45:08 PM »

If anyone wants to sell me their Harley Nano.....PM me. I'll take it off your hands.

Yep.....I will buy one too as long as it has the B&S on the back.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »

No B&S, which caught me off guard. The MoCo is really good about making sure that they have branding everywhere and there was nothing on the Nano.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.