Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56641 times)

Dadkids

Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »

I picked up my krypton 7-3-11, rode 6 miles to my house, six miles back to dealer to get the windshield bag and it went out with 22 miles. They are supposed to overnight one to them I guess I'll find out in the morning.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 05:57:37 AM »

Mine has just died for the Second time !!
First one died at about 2000km , was replaced by dealer.
Now the new ( second) one has died at 5300km. Waiting on replacement again   :confused5:
Whats going on with these amps?  :nixweiss:

Dadkids

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »

Went to my dealer this morning and was told it was obsolete now, they supposedly found me one from another dealer and will be here tomorrow 7-6.
I did a little research do you guys think this will work? I can get one overnighted
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22039_Bazooka-MC-HD-AMK.html

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »

Because of the long weekend i had to reschedule and dropped off my ride an hour ago. They wanted to keep it to properly analyze the problem saying that it might not be the amp like the dealership in New Orleans said. Why do i get the "here we go " feeling. :-X

Here we go.....after talking to the service adviser and then the mechanic who looked at my bike they told me that the ipod was defective. :-\. The computer download even directed the problem to the ipod. They took my ipod and placed it in another unit and they told me that the left channel was no good. Put another ipod in my bike and it worked fine. They even went for a test ride and it did not fail. Then they told me that I have to take the ipod to an Apple center to get it tested.....i said WHAT  >:(. This a warranty issue and i am not going to do the leg work. After debating the issue they took my ipod and i went home. I received a phone call today which i missed and went to voice mail. It said.....we had your ipod tested and there is nothing wrong with it. We think it could be the ipod harness. Can you bring your bike back....ish. They had it for a day and a half and now they want it again for another day and a half since i have to leave it the night before and pick it up the next day....not cool....since i have to have the wife drop me off and pick me up each time too....ish. Why do i think when it is all said and done they will say......your amp is no good.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »

Mano
Maybe the problems with the amp are speed related!!!   Ha Ha

At this point i wish it was because then i just might slow down......not.....lol. :bananarock:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »

Here we go.....after talking to the service adviser and then the mechanic who looked at my bike they told me that the ipod was defective. :-\. The computer download even directed the problem to the ipod. They took my ipod and placed it in another unit and they told me that the left channel was no good. Put another ipod in my bike and it worked fine. They even went for a test ride and it did not fail. Then they told me that I have to take the ipod to an Apple center to get it tested.....i said WHAT  >:(. This a warranty issue and i am not going to do the leg work. After debating the issue they took my ipod and i went home. I received a phone call today which i missed and went to voice mail. It said.....we had your ipod tested and there is nothing wrong with it. We think it could be the ipod harness. Can you bring your bike back....ish. They had it for a day and a half and now they want it again for another day and a half since i have to leave it the night before and pick it up the next day....not cool....since i have to have the wife drop me off and pick me up each time too....ish. Why do i think when it is all said and done they will say......your amp is no good.

If they connected the IPOD to another bike and said the left channel was no good, shouldn't that be the end of the dio :confused5:

Then they conencted another IPOD to your bike and it worked--so what's the problem :confused5: I don't get it.  You don't, by chance have another IPOD at home--maybe???  That would solve the question for sure.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 05:50:30 PM »

If they connected the IPOD to another bike and said the left channel was no good, shouldn't that be the end of the dio :confused5:

Then they connected another IPOD to your bike and it worked--so what's the problem :confused5: I don't get it.  You don't, by chance have another IPOD at home--maybe???  That would solve the question for sure.

I should have clarified that when i said another unit what they did was plug my ipod into someone else's car not another bike.

Anyhow they tried the harness yesterday and it failed. It was just the part from the ipod to the round plug beside the side bag. They now want the bike for 1 to 2 days to further analyze this problem. ish again. I will have to take it back Wedensday night and pick it up on Friday night.

Just wondering when everyone else had this problem how long did it take your dealer to figure out the problem?

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »

I should have clarified that when i said another unit what they did was plug my ipod into someone else's car not another bike.

Anyhow they tried the harness yesterday and it failed. It was just the part from the ipod to the round plug beside the side bag. They now want the bike for 1 to 2 days to further analyze this problem. ish again. I will have to take it back Wedensday night and pick it up on Friday night.

Just wondering when everyone else had this problem how long did it take your dealer to figure out the problem?

My front left channel was inop after the iPod kit install and they started to blame it on my rear auxiliary plug install. I knew they were FUS and after they spent some diagnostic time  it was found to be a wiring / installation issue. That's all they would tell me when I asked.

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »

I'm bringing my 2011 in tomorrow after 2500 miles.  First left side would go in and out, now completely dead.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2011, 03:49:02 PM »

My ride has been at the dealer since Wed. night and i just got the call to go pick her up and guess what they said........ ;)

Will post the details later.

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »

My amp comes & goes..It makes what I would describe as a ignition noise coming thru the radio/cd/ipod or xm etc.Then it will clear up & start allover again randomly. The local dealer (not my selling dealer) tells me they've never saw a issue!  :nixweiss:
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 06:56:45 AM »

Listening to some tunes again after the replacement amp was installed today. It took less than a month to get it to Korea. Real happy to have music again and hoping this one will give longer service.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »

So the amp is no good and they have ordered a new one. After some research from the dealer they now know about the problem....Why did they not do the research the first 3 times it was there for the same problem...ish. I will be getting a new amp with the problem/defect corrected. They confirmed this by telling me that the amp that is coming has a "new" part number. (176000141) "I think". Hope this is the end of this.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »

I hear you. Nothing worse than having this happen. Oh by the way showed the discolored speaker grills to the warranty people and waiting on a call from them on that matter. Other than speaker grills and amps this still is one sweet scoot.;

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »

I hear you. Nothing worse than having this happen. Oh by the way showed the discolored speaker grills to the warranty people and waiting on a call from them on that matter. Other than speaker grills and amps this still is one sweet scoot.;

I hear ya....for me it is the amp and 1 led envelope light......going to install my Fullsac Stage 1. :huepfenjump3:.....later.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 25 queries.