Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost Audio on front speakers only - 2015 CVO SG  (Read 763 times)

Aaron.vannett

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ND

Lost Audio on front speakers only - 2015 CVO SG
« on: August 14, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »

So last weekend i was on a ride, listening to music with my wife with no issues. All weekend it was working fine until i dropped her off at her car. I had about 200 miles to ride yet so I decided to turn off the radio and put in my ear buds for the trip home. When i got back into town, i took my earbuds out and turned my radio back on only to find that my front fairing speakers didn't work.. only my Saddlebag speakers did.

I tore apart the fairing, nothing was loose, i checked all fuses, relays, etc but nothing was blown. I took my amp from the saddlebag and plugged it into where the fairing amp was, still nothing. I Did a hard reset on my Boom infotainment, still nothing.

After countless hours this past weekend I finally drove it up to Harley to see if they could flash it, thinking that maybe some how the front speakers were turned off in digital technician. However, they were unable to interface with my bike due to me having a ThunderMax ECU. Apparently they aren't getting any connection to the ECU through the data port at all. They called ThunderMax who verified they wouldn't be able to interface and asked that i call them to help fix the issue. I've called and left a message but still haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had this issue before? What's the fix? I have a 2015 CVO Street Glide with the Boom Stage II that came factory with the bike. A few months ago, one of my front speakers blew out and i replaced both of them at that time and it's been running great ever since. . Until this weekend. I'm at a loss.. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Lost Audio on front speakers only - 2015 CVO SG
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:11:51 AM »

A couple of possibilities:
1.  Both speakers are blown out (not likely both would go at same time, but...); need to get some audio to them.
2.  Fade control went haywire and is sending everything to rear speakers.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 06:16:25 PM »

might sound silly, but try plugging the stock ECU and see what happens  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »

The 2015 FLHXSE model had a lot of issues with both speakers and amps.  The front amp has gone through at least two engineering changes since it was first released, indicated by changes to the part number.  So while I wouldn't suggest you just assume the amp is bad, you do need to be aware of the issue.

If I read the first post correctly, you disconnected the front amp and connected the rear amp in it's place, and that didn't fix your front speaker inop problem.  I'm not completely certain yet, but I don't think the rear amp connection is wired the same as the front.  In other words, that may not have been a valid test.  You really need the diagnostic manual to find out how to test the various components, this stuff is too expensive to just start replacing parts.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 09:14:52 AM »

Is there a separate fuse for the 2 amps?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »

Is there a separate fuse for the 2 amps?

There is a fuse for the head unit and front amp, and a separate fuse for the rear amp.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »

You know, my '18 CVO RG has done some weird things as well.. Audio wise. If I dont allow it to power up when I start up the bike and try to power up the SENA helmet bluetooth, it may, or may not connect correctly to the audio system.

This in turn makes it do other weird things. The only fix is to shut down, and completely walk away, turn off the headset and let everything power off. (Like a soft reset)

So, I leave the headset off before I climb on. Turn on the bike, let the infotainment system come on and go through its entire cycle, then boot up into whatever mode I want it to be in BEFORE, I even attempt to connect the headset.

In other words.. Not be in a rush... it's like flying a plane.... fuel, check, gauges, check, beer,  :drink: check, cigars, check...  :worthless:  :nixweiss: So far, this seems to work...   

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.