Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD opener won’t pair  (Read 850 times)

yellowcorvette

HD opener won’t pair
« on: September 12, 2019, 03:23:23 PM »

I have a new to me 2016 CVO Limited and am trying to pair the opener with the receiver. I push the pairing button and the led flashes and when I switch the lights from high to low to high the led continues to flash. I’ve tried several times and it still won’t pair. Is there a fuse on the transmitter I should check? Anyone else ever have this problem? Any ideas thanks

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: HD opener won’t pair
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »

Have you verified you are following the instructions to the letter?  I'm attaching a pdf I made with instructions for programming plus instructions for resetting the receiver.  If following the directions exactly doesn't work, try resetting the receiver and then try programming again.  If you need to verify the transmitter in the fairing is working, you can remove the outer fairing and look at the transmitter. It has a LED that flashes.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 05:02:30 PM »

You don't say but, just in case you are, you don't have to have the receiver mounted out of hand to the GDO.  If it's up at the ceiling by the time you make the trip back and forth it's uncommon to successfully pair.  Just plug the thing in and stand right there at the bike with the receiver in your hand.  Watch the little LED on the receiver and you can see it working.  When done then mount it at the ceiling and wire it to the door opener.  Other thing to consider is you have paired it correctly but you're using it with one  the many modern garage door openers that are unable to work with the receiver directly.

yellowcorvette

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »

Yes the directions I followed are the same as you have written. I plugged the receiver into an extension cord so I could hold the set button and operate the light switch. I also reset the receiver as you suggested and did notice the receiver led flashed very fast. I guess the next step is to insure the transmitter led is lighting. Thanks for  your suggestions.

yellowcorvette

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »

Well I fixed the problem. I removed the outer fairing and discovered the transmitter was unplugged. When I tried to reconnect the connector it wouldn’t fit together properly. The pins in the plug were bent not allowing it to snap together. After straightening the pins it went together and snapped in place. I tried to pair the receiver and it worked perfectly. I would say it was never together when leaving the factory. All is well. 😎

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:07:13 PM »

Have you verified you are following the instructions to the letter?  I'm attaching a pdf I made with instructions for programming plus instructions for resetting the receiver.  If following the directions exactly doesn't work, try resetting the receiver and then try programming again.  If you need to verify the transmitter in the fairing is working, you can remove the outer fairing and look at the transmitter. It has a LED that flashes.

Jerry

I just took delivery Saturday of a 2020 CVO Limited and there are no instructions for the garage door opener. It just came wrapped in orange bubble wrap.
Guess Harley is also cutting back on including printed instructions.

Gdgustner

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 07:04:17 PM »

Can someone please send me the programming instructions for a 2020 CVO limited I’m trying to pair to my garage door opener?
At the shop they said just connect the transmitter to my door opener and it should connect but no go. And no instructions.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 10:00:27 PM »

Can someone please send me the programming instructions for a 2020 CVO limited I’m trying to pair to my garage door opener?
At the shop they said just connect the transmitter to my door opener and it should connect but no go. And no instructions.

The instructions are in your owners manual, check the index or appendix.  Or click on the attached pdf, which I cut and copied from a 2020 FLHTKSE Manual.

You may have to change how you attach the wires from the receiver to your garage door opener if your opener is a newer model with a multifunction wall control.  Let us know what kind of system you're trying connect to.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 09:18:49 AM »

I'll have to say I have NO experience with the HD opener, but have had several newer vehicles that have the Home Link on them.

I have Chamberlain door openers, but one new one with wifi that I bought through Sears and one original one.  Both came with the little remotes etc.

But the newer Home Links will NOT pair up with the older Chamberlain opener and I've had to just clip the remote on the visor and live with it.

I know Yellowcorvette fixed his issue as it was a faulty assembly at the factory, but there may be some with the newer CVO's that might still have a pairing issue with the older garage door opener. 

My old one says it has the "floating" codes, but after doing tons or research on it, the industry did make some changes in past many years and some fully functioning GDO's still will not pair.

I will say though that my new Sears/Chamberlain with belt drive, battery backup, and phone app, is the bomb.  My neighbor texted me after he saw me leaving my house for work one morning and said I forgot to put down the door.  I stopped and opened my app on my phone and hit close, done deal... :)  I've also opened it for my neighbor to access my garage to borrow items.  Also just to joke with the neighbors, we had a big storm go through this area a couple years ago that knocked out our power and we were all standing outside watching the clouds, you know, like when there's a tornado warning and everyone runs outside to take a look???  Well I went back in the house and pressed my opener and when it got up I walked out.  They all asked how I had power and they didn't.  Ah ha, battery backup worked again!

Sorry to digress and those with much more experience than I have supplied the correct information, but just wanted to add that SOME older openers may not pair well with the newer Home Link or HD GDO options.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.