Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seat rebuild  (Read 466 times)

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
Seat rebuild
« on: September 28, 2019, 03:31:55 PM »

I have a 2013 FLHTCUSE8 and a mouse got into my seat and took up residence!! Only way I could get the mouse out was to take the cover off the seat. The seat needs new foam. One wire needs repaired as well which I can handle. Where can I send the seat to and have new foam padding put in and the vynal reinstalled?

I also need some help with the switches. I thought I was taking the switch out but all I did was take the switch apart!!! I lever thing and a spring loaded thing fell out and I am not sure which direction to put them back in! Maybe the manual will tell me but I doubt it!

Thank you in advance for all your help!

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: Seat rebuild
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

Sounds like a call to Corbin is in your future. Or just look for a used one on ebay.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 08:57:26 AM »

Just about any quality auto upholstery shop can make you foam. They do this on a daily basis. Foam are easily sculpted, you could do it yourself if you have a good electric kitchen knife and a couple sheets of foam. You use 3M spray Trim adhesive to secure it, then take the knife and sculp it. If you make a mistake it is easily correctable or you just start over. Foam is cheap. Internet search for custom car or street rod interiors in your area.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »

Mouse in your seat. Now that's a new one. Still not good. Better kill that mouse or park your bike somewhere else for awhile or he will come right back. Never had one in my seat but did have one behind my fairing. Got it cleaned out and he came back but this time I was looking for him and when he jumped out I smashed him. That is why I said park somewhere else for a bit. Good luck.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:15:51 PM »

I took the entire seat cover all the way off to get rid of that mouse! I killed the momma and 9 babies once I got the cover all the way off. The entire time I was pulling those 500 staples that momma stayed inside the seat! And I now have the bike parked in my main garage.

89fxrs

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »

this place does very good seat modifications and I'm sure they can repair your seat -
http://www.meancitycycles.com/
If you're talking behind my back - then you're in a good place to kiss my ass!!!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.