Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Foam canon Qs  (Read 5569 times)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Foam canon Qs
« on: June 25, 2020, 01:18:29 AM »

Thinking of getting a foam canon....like the idea of thick foamy soap loosening up all the dirt and road grime....ready to rinse off.

I see some on Amazon for $55-60....anyone have one they'd recommend? What do you use for soap?

https://www.amazon.ca/MATCC-Pressure-Washer-Blaster-Connector/dp/B01MYV2X8H/ref=pd_sbs_263_4/138-5661493-2086730?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071FQWRT7&pd_rd_r=c50b5817-1701-471a-b714-46160e93271a&pd_rd_w=Ckfhh&pd_rd_wg=wZV04&pf_rd_p=0ec96c83-1800-4e36-8486-44f5573a2612&pf_rd_r=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&refRID=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&th=1

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Foam canon Qs
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:37:46 AM »

My only concern w/the above two are it appears that a pressure washer has to be used w/them. I don't own this one - TORQ Snow Foam Blaster R1 but have used products from Chemical Guys with success and satisfaction... this particular foam blaster connects directly to a garden hose. My concern w/using a pressure washer is due to the fact that even though our bikes are (supposed to be) designed to get wet/ride in the rain it has been mentioned/proven that this is not always the case. Using a pressure washer around gauges/lights/stereo etc. might be problematic. JMHO.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »

I use a foam gun on the hose and like it.   I would not recommend the foam cannon for a bike. Too many things that can go wrong.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »

I use a Pressure Washer to wash every vehicle I own. Have been for at least 35 years. Currently using a Comet 1700 that is wall mounted, comes with a Reel for the supplied hose and turns itself on when the trigger is pulled and off when you release. Secret is to use a pressure washer with max gpm of water and not so much pressure. NO need for 2-3000# of pressure to wash a bike/car/boat. Now you house or driveway is different. Nozzles in different sizes are cheap, I use MTM brand, White (40deg) with a 4.0 Orifice on the painted surfaces and a Yellow (15deg) 3.5 Orifice on the tires/fender wells, chrome wheels. These drop pressure into the safe zone with good water output.
Foam canons can be bought very cheap but I prefer the MTM PF22. It is a little more expensive but comes with a couple orifice's, one for high and one for lower gpm. Durable and replacement parts are readily available. But I have a $25/Amazon unit that works pretty good as well.
Gobs of Foam soaps out there. NONE of them are Foam-On, perk, Spray-off, This will NOT provide a clean surface. It will soften the dirt & add "Slickness" to the finish that makes washing, with a appropriate sponge, much easier and less abrasive on your paint. Buy the best soap you can afford (I have used Chemical Guys Honeydew, works good but currently use CarPro, both make Big foam if you open the flow valve, more useable light coat when turned down (good for bike).
I do foam the bike, every time I wash it. You can control the amount of foam sprayed and the width of the pattern. My bike (& cars) are Ceramic coated and when foamed they are so slick that any dirt is easily removed with minor use of a Micro-fiber sponge. I find I can rinse the bike using much less volume of water by using the pressure washer.
I actually wash my bike inside my garage which has no drain with the pressure washer and it takes such a little amount of actual water that clean-up of floor is almost nonexistent.
Almost all this stuff can be bought from Amazon and in most cases they are cheaper except for CarPro which is cheaper at Sky's The Limit Car Care. Do research before buying, someone suggest Obsessed Garage in an earlier post. For most items they are the most expensive place in the USA but the guy has some video's about how to correctly wash a vehicle that are OK. Guy has tested close to 100 pressure washers and has a spread sheet showing results, kind of interesting. He strongly suggest Kranzle, good but over a grand.
Starter Pressure washers (Electric) can be bought so cheap and use so much less water than just spraying from the hose that, I think, everyone should have one. Can be bought for less than $100 sometimes at Tools Direct. But like most stuff the more expensive ones work better.
Long post but just remember "More Water = GOOD, More pressure = BAD" If you can't hold your hand in front of the stream 18" or so from nozzle without pain,,, it is TOO Strong.

Cooch366

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/car-washing-detailing-kits/products/adam-s-foam-cannon-snub-nose-combo

I have this and very satisfied with it. Instructions say to use 800-900 psi for optimum foam, so less pressure, which has been stated.

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »

Thinking of getting a foam canon....like the idea of thick foamy soap loosening up all the dirt and road grime....ready to rinse off.

I see some on Amazon for $55-60....anyone have one they'd recommend? What do you use for soap?

https://www.amazon.ca/MATCC-Pressure-Washer-Blaster-Connector/dp/B01MYV2X8H/ref=pd_sbs_263_4/138-5661493-2086730?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071FQWRT7&pd_rd_r=c50b5817-1701-471a-b714-46160e93271a&pd_rd_w=Ckfhh&pd_rd_wg=wZV04&pf_rd_p=0ec96c83-1800-4e36-8486-44f5573a2612&pf_rd_r=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&refRID=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&th=1

After reading this post i bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082B2N6GS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gotta say I love it. If you adjust the foam consistency and make it thick enough to stay on vertical surfaces for a while, it really does take off road dirt.

It also takes off water marks on windshield and mirrors. I then began using it on my truck, pollen, water marks, dust, light dirt, works well, thin mud in wheel wells, might as well not apply. Another plus is that you have your pressure washer out now, so bike/truck is automatically going to get pressure washed! Make sure you use the green tips and you will have no issues.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 03:01:22 PM »

Glen, color of tip indicates the width of the pattern. Color has no bearing on amount of water being passed thru. For car/bike washing where you need more water than pressure a green 4.0 will work well but a white 4.0 gives you a wider pattern with more water in that pattern, if that makes any sense. The reason I posted is I have a green that is a 2.0, lots of pressure and the same size pattern as my 4.0 but hardly any water flow, mostly just pressure, whereas the 4.0 drops the pressure and adds the water.
For wheelwells/tires etc on your vehicles a yellow with 3.5 or 4.0 does a great job. Narrower pattern, more focused and lots of water to go along.
Flow rating should be stamped on the nozzle.

Glenncarp

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »

Glen, color of tip indicates the width of the pattern. Color has no bearing on amount of water being passed thru. For car/bike washing where you need more water than pressure a green 4.0 will work well but a white 4.0 gives you a wider pattern with more water in that pattern, if that makes any sense. The reason I posted is I have a green that is a 2.0, lots of pressure and the same size pattern as my 4.0 but hardly any water flow, mostly just pressure, whereas the 4.0 drops the pressure and adds the water.
For wheelwells/tires etc on your vehicles a yellow with 3.5 or 4.0 does a great job. Narrower pattern, more focused and lots of water to go along.
Flow rating should be stamped on the nozzle.

Good info, thanks, I just know red will take paint off. Lol

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 10:27:00 PM »

Yep, Red will strip some paint especially with a 3000# + gasoline powered unit!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 12:51:27 PM »

So,  is it:   red-green-yellow-white   (narrow to wide)
                2.0---to----4.0      (lots pressure----less pressure)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:55:11 PM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »

Indenial you are totally correct in your post.

buell95

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 02:19:45 PM »

If your worried about pressure just add a Simpson Dial-N Wash Adjustable Regulator to your Wand.
 Wash my bikes with foam cannon and pressure washer all the time with no issues.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 05:04:34 PM »

Oh yeah! Forgot about getting a foam canon...thanks for the reminder.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.