Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update: SE Race Tuner Installed...  (Read 2016 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Update: SE Race Tuner Installed...
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »

So, got the Dealer in Van Nuys, CA. to install the Race Tuner. For some reason, I thought some one was going to walk me through it, but alas: no conversation took place. I assume it is a Pre Set MAP for my 2-1 Pro Pipes and displacement size. The outcome: no Dyno to test it, tune it and get the $value$ out of the investment. That is, until....

I rode home from the shop, and the SEFB just roared along: no popping backfire sounds, no excess noise from the exhaust, just smoother riding throughout the powerbands and what feels to be an adjusted/tuned throttle response. I shut my mouth (hard to believe, huh?) and kept on riding for about 25 miles. I am hella impressed with this upgrade. But that makes me ask some questions...

Like why don't they have these features complete with the CVO in the first place? Not too many I know keep the stock pipes, right? So, why not have the options at the service desk for a nominal fee instead of the excessive aftermarket price tags? Why do I need the whole Screaming Eagle Race Tuner when a simple setting will do? And what did the dealer download when I installed the V&H ProPipe 2-1, some half assed version of the right stuff?

OK, so, I am happy, full of the questions of my childhood and going to ride all day today. I think I am lucky to be able to afford such things as aftermarket race tuners and chrome everythings. What about my brothers and sisters who want their SE Fat Boys tuned to potential, in top notch performance shape and can't afford a $500 tuner with an install of $140?

Why not just do it right from the gate instead of making it like a soap product " NEW & IMPROVED" ?
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Update: SE Race Tuner Installed...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 10:33:07 PM »

Kona this is the genius at work from Harley Davidson Marekting. FIrst you pay too much for not enough power then they get you to pay more to get small gains in power that you should have had from the start. Also if your canned map works your lucky.....the pipes and air cleaner set up for mine ended up costimg me an additional 4 hours of dyno tuning time to correct my air/fuels with a custom map.............you got off cheap.....enjoy. That's why we call them stealers not dealers! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.