Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting a dyno and know its done right  (Read 1335 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
getting a dyno and know its done right
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »

>:(i left my 06 cvo fatboy at a dyno tune shop in fort worth, dont want to give up the name ,any way they kept it over night and they said there computer will not accept my cd rom, or i had a bad cd, they burned half tank of gas ahd i dont want to know how they did it.... >:(now they call me back for i can leave my cd rom with them for there computer guy can make it work, im i getting the shaft? can some one help, im not about to bring my sert back to them, and they jack it up, my mistake to trust someone to dyno bike, they where only charging 150.00 and other place is 300.00. my bike is 06 103 cvo fat boy with 2 into 1 D&D boarzilla headers, i put 8mm wires on it plus s.e.r.t and he tryed to lap top it, but im still getting hiccups and 12 gauge report from pipe, that really shakes a brothers tree!!! any way can some one tell me where to take my bike for trust worthy dyno, it only does this on lower RPM, the guy did say he saw dip at 3500 RPM, but as crappy my bike is running he said it was about 85HP 87torque, any way can some one in dallas-fort worth area help??!! it runs real strong when im on the pipe, it just want be civel at low end. sorry for rant im not rich and i cant keep buying stuff for this wonderful machine can put out. if ahy one could help god bless, has any one else encouterd this and what would fix it?
TOM

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: getting a dyno and know its done right
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

Can't help with a fix for you but I posted a great article on Dyno's here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149261656

Your best defense against this type of thing is to have knowledge and to ask the right questions. The article gives you some good ammo.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »

You could try Rick Fairless's shop Stroker's Dallas. Even though Rick and the crew come off as goofballs on the TV show, Rick has had a good rep for a lot of years.

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:18:32 AM »

im i getting the shaft?

No, I think what your getting is the SERT blues.  It seems the more I read, the more I find they are having problems with CD/ reading on these things.  At least they can call tech and probably get it resolved.  I would just hope you get your bike back running smoothly without the 21 gun salute... ::)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

well i spent my $316.00 and i got (free) t shirt!!! dynoing my 103 cvo , D&D boarzilla 2 into 1 headers , s.e.r.t, plus screaming eagle plug wires. impressive hey!? but my end results where not to my liking, i live in hell ally thats dallas-fort worth to yankees ,conditions during dyno was *95 degrees also they say humidity was 14% , my h.p is 97.03 , and torque was 99.87 , im i wrong to be disappointed?! i thought it would be at least 105hp or more, could it be the heat down here, and it will run stronger when weather is cooler?! i have been riding for 40 years now and i feel like dumb ass with this questions (im TEXAN) that dont help this dog hunt , any way can some one send me there dyno numbers for a reference, this E.F.I bull is the pits i get so many different answers to my questons, hell they could sell me a nut and bolt for $500.00 and tell me i would have more power, please tell me the truth, also it runs great on sheet to about 5.3 on bar scale and then it starts to go up h.p and torque drops, sorry for rant just think i would have more power with the after market parts and it being 103 screamer , is it just me being cry baby kritcy, still love to hear them pipes W.F.O. peace to all. [smiley=soapbox.gif]  
TOM

longshot

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 11:15:03 PM »

my h.p is 97.03 , and torque was 99.87  
I think those are great #'s for no more than ya did. Post the dyno.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 08:04:01 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]  i would like to post my dyno sheet but im computer dumb also , but any way im damn happy with the way my bike walks the walk and talks that sweet 2into 1 D&D boarzilla ,they say if you are not running at least 107cc(just have 103) just go with fat cat but when i got 99hp and 100 torque ,plus sert , and scremin eagle plug wires which i could tell right off they help a lot and $15.00 thats at least 2hp if you change to the 8mm and dont like them i will pay for your expense way , m really pleased the way my bike runs now i let my bud ride it and he wet his pants, he has a 2005 wide glide, he say right off it would run off and leave him, but bottom line was D&D, s.e.r.t, and 8mm plug wires, thats it!i make the same horsepower as the ones who does all the cam and throttle body, why need it nowif you got the money and you like to wrench i guess you would be happy, im just happy with bolt ons and dyno , you c.v.o people really need to check out the D&D pipes most torque and h.p than any other go to there web site and check there pipes, fat cats are straight and my boarzilla is up swept.                                                                                                                             as i was testig my bike on freeway in ft. worth i was going 80mph and run up to a suzuaki blvd,are some kind of harley knock off it freaked him out i think he was afraid to go mph [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] but i shifted down to see if he would play, i think he was a little taken back by my noise and tattos , i guess he did not want to be seen with white trash harley guy. sorry for my rantings just still hard from riding my scremin eagle 103, damn what a fine machine, but who has not bought one yet you best hurry, the epa is making harley de-tune there future bikes, they want us on vespa scooters, oh well the ramblings of over caffeinated nut. [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
TOM

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.