Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A new CVO chapter  (Read 5517 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
A new CVO chapter
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »

It was very very hard to say goodbye to my Fat Boy after 8 years & 37000 miles of great memories, now she's all dialed in for the next lucky owner, A new chapter of CVO riding and memories is about to begin, I bid all you CVO Fat Boy owners adieu, au revoir, and bon voyage, many happy miles to all on one of the best CVO bikes IMHO on the planet.  :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: A new CVO chapter
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »

Did you trade it or sell outright?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:04:47 AM »

I’ve always found it difficult to trade or sell a bike for the reasons you pointed out – time, miles and memories. Best of luck as you start the new chapter.

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »

I feel your pain, brother.  Sorta like when you were a kid and your best friend (or you) moved away.  Thought the world would be changed forever but actually, you made another friend and life continued.
Hopefully the new owner of your fatboy will be just as happy with his new "friend" as you are with yours.....congrats.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »

Did you trade it or sell outright?

I traded it in, tried to sell local through craigslist but its difficult to find someone with that much straight up cash

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 12:35:36 AM »

I’ve always found it difficult to trade or sell a bike for the reasons you pointed out – time, miles and memories.

I used to think that till mine burned out stator #4. I love the bike I have now.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 12:09:58 AM »

I feel your pain, brother.  Sorta like when you were a kid and your best friend (or you) moved away.  Thought the world would be changed forever but actually, you made another friend and life continued.
Hopefully the new owner of your fatboy will be just as happy with his new "friend" as you are with yours.....congrats.

Haird, you hit the nail on the head, I would have loved to keep em both but it just wasn't practical for me. The first ride on the SG felt strange, not familiar with the controls or foot positions, I felt like a new rider and very unsure of the bike, sorta like a new pair of jeans just don't fit right, but now with a couple of hundred miles under my butt she's starting to feel much better and I'm really liking all the creature comforts of the glide  :coolblue:

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 24 queries.