Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172163 times)

Spider51

• My Other Bad Habit
    • CA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Stardust Silver/Slate
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon (Wife's)
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2655 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:35 AM »

Spent the last two days cleaning the beast. Just got back from a 12 day Southwest trip with the wife and my buddy and his wife. The first 8 days we found out that the heated gear and the rain gear definately work. Crossed something off my bucket list that I didn't even know was there...climbing out of Austin, Nevada in the snow pulling a trailer. NOT fun!! I am now down to a toothbrush cleaning all the nooks and crany's. Sorry no pictures...too busy hanging on.
Stardust Silver/Slate                  Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Clearview 8"                              Heat Demons
GA Tour Pack Re-Locator            Brukus Bag Locks
Brukus Bag Locks                       Wild One Chubby 575's
Premium Tour Pack Hinges          Rush True Duals
Wild One Chubby 578's               Corbin Dual Tourer
Full Sac DX Pipe
TTS Master Tune 2" Cores
All Lights Now LED
Mustang Saddle

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2656 on: June 03, 2015, 06:17:29 AM »

Who makes this? Looking for the same place you installed it, the sides of the tank.  This thread has already cost me some $, why not more! lol
http://www.motorcycle-armor.com/

They've got pix on their site of the different products they offer and where it goes.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

BladeRun

• 2015 CVO Roadglide Ultra
    • MA

« Reply #2657 on: June 03, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »

http://www.motorcycle-armor.com/

They've got pix on their site of the different products they offer and where it goes.

Thanks, just ordered a set.  :bananarock:

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2658 on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:47 AM »

Finally found one!  Kustom Kaddy.  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #2659 on: June 04, 2015, 11:21:27 AM »

Replaced the "C" lifters after 27k miles.  The front intake cylinder lifter roller was starting to seize up.  It started while on a ride. Just happened to be cruising 25-35 mph in a small town with stereo off when the ticking started.  Had a buddy get my truck and drive the 70 miles and pick us up.  Lifter did not grenade, roller wheel showed no wear patterns, neither did the cam lobes.  Could roll the lifter with thumb and it would lock up, then release, then repeat. Replaced them all with Comp Cams 850-1 hydraulic lifters.   :cucumber:

Good thing it happened now.  Have a week long trip planned for the week after next.

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2660 on: June 04, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »

BackroadMike You are the first person that I have read about using Comp. Cams lifters. Do you know if Comp. Cams make their own lifters or buy from someone else? Comp. Cams has very good solid roller lifters for small block Chevrolets!!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2661 on: June 04, 2015, 12:03:40 PM »

Replaced the "C" lifters after 27k miles.  The front intake cylinder lifter roller was starting to seize up.  It started while on a ride. Just happened to be cruising 25-35 mph in a small town with stereo off when the ticking started.  Had a buddy get my truck and drive the 70 miles and pick us up.  Lifter did not grenade, roller wheel showed no wear patterns, neither did the cam lobes.  Could roll the lifter with thumb and it would lock up, then release, then repeat. Replaced them all with Comp Cams 850-1 hydraulic lifters.   :cucumber:

Good thing it happened now.  Have a week long trip planned for the week after next.

You're a lucky man!  I trashed a 120 Motor one time due to a lifter taking a crap at 22K miles.  8) Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #2662 on: June 04, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »

BackroadMike You are the first person that I have read about using Comp. Cams lifters. Do you know if Comp. Cams make their own lifters or buy from someone else? Comp. Cams has very good solid roller lifters for small block Chevrolets!!

I'm not sure, but have received many recommendations on the use of them from some reputable builders. These are the exact same lifters as used in the chevy small block 305/350/LS1 engines.  :2vrolijk_21:

sdmikeob

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2663 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »

yesterday i drove my cvo for 1hr or so then came back to work then i shut if let her rest for 10 mins and then i drove it for another 40 mins after and parked her and when i went to start it up battery seemed dead cause i just made clicking noise so i had aaa jump start it and rode it home for couple miles then shut it off and it did the same thing i just wondering if there is anyone with same issues maybe charging system not working of battery is just not holding charge..thanks

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2664 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »

yesterday i drove my cvo for 1hr or so then came back to work then i shut if let her rest for 10 mins and then i drove it for another 40 mins after and parked her and when i went to start it up battery seemed dead cause i just made clicking noise so i had aaa jump start it and rode it home for couple miles then shut it off and it did the same thing i just wondering if there is anyone with same issues maybe charging system not working of battery is just not holding charge..thanks

Did you look at the gauge to see if it was charging after you jump started it? It appears you have a bagger and it should have a gauge. If it was then battery. If not then regulator or stator.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2665 on: June 07, 2015, 05:30:27 AM »

Gettin' the scooter ready for Ouray!

:2vrolijk_21:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2666 on: June 07, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »

Finally got around to installing a docking kit to get the tour pac off my SEUC. I'll post some images about the process later.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2667 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »

Not this morning yet, but yesterday.  Just rode them both, then cleaned them up a little.  Road King went about 250 making a breakfast run.  Road Glide went about 300 on a dinner run.  They were hungry.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2668 on: June 07, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »

Finally got around to installing a docking kit to get the tour pac off my SEUC. I'll post some images about the process later.

Lookin forward to seeing these pics.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #2669 on: June 10, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

I lifted the cover on the Bike and gave it a little polish. Its off theroad right now waiting for a new Voltage regulator. The present one (replaced in the recall in November 2012) is pumping out 16 volts of charge then switches off causing battery drain. Hopefully new reg will arrive before the weekend. So I took out my Buell XB12SCG for a blatt around the Sussex roads instead.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 473

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.