Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172072 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2955 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »

Hooked my Bushtec trailer up just checking it out after putting led tail lights in. When I pulled brake lever tail lights and side markers went out. Tore into the trailer wiring looking for a short, didn't find a thing.  Sat back looked at bike and thought well maybe something went wrong with the wire harness. Turned out the splitter that the previous owners dealer made up shorted out inside the connector.  Luckily I always have a Bushtec harness or two laying around so I scavenged the splitter off one of them and soldered all the harness wires in.  No problems anymore.

Now tomorrow I will put the trailer wire sheathing back on underneath it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FXD_TG

« Reply #2956 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:59 PM »

Quote from: OBB
Pretty little woman on the back of your bike playing grabass with you and you look grouchy. What's up with that?  :huepfenlol2:

She always has her hands down on my hips and being in the mountains I was "on the job" as it were; however, we do have our lighter moments on and off the bike.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:35:18 PM by FXD_TG »

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #2957 on: September 15, 2015, 11:58:29 PM »

Installed the OPT7 (Cree) 881 LED replacement bulbs for my driving lights.  What a difference!  I also have the Custom Dynamics LED turn signals (previously installed).  Tomorrow, I'll install the OPT7 H11 headlight bulbs! :jalapeno:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #2958 on: September 16, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

Installed the OPT7 (Cree) 881 LED replacement bulbs for my driving lights.  What a difference!  I also have the Custom Dynamics LED turn signals (previously installed).  Tomorrow, I'll install the OPT7 H11 headlight bulbs! :jalapeno:
They look great!  I added the LED turn signal lights on a couple years ago and just changed the front turn signals to dynamic ringz. 
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #2959 on: September 16, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »

Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:  Just did the headlight, and man what a difference.  I won't be needing the Hi Beam (H11) between the passing/driving lights, Custom Dynamic Ringz, and H11 (OPT7) Low Beam.  Really lights up the place.  Only negative, if you can call it that is the red dot on the tip of the H11 bulb.
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Cyclegirl

• Loven Life on the Road
  • Full CVO Member
    • NM

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Special
    • Cycle adventures
« Reply #2960 on: September 16, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »

Sat down and dreamed of being in Maggie Valley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- Renay

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2961 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »

Strapped on the luggage, cleaned the windscreen, checked the oil and tire pressure, then finally remembered to put my new tag stickers on. Heading out to the GTG at Maggie Valley in the morning, so ready for a road trip!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2962 on: September 18, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

Got up and headed to Donallsonville Georgia to Seminole Shores Cemetery to put an arrangement my wife made on my friends grave site. Left there and headed south into Florida round trip 570 miles not a bad days ride.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:41:56 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2963 on: September 19, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »

I changed out the old ugly horn bell and put a new one on!
See the review at:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=104334.new#new
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

cudacurlee

« Reply #2964 on: September 19, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

enjoyed the sunshine on the off ramp to the 215 from the 15 in Vegas. Wires to the throttle melted in traffic. Very exciting to traverse tractor trailers full of garbage as the bike renders forward motion useless

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #2965 on: September 19, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »

I changed out the old ugly horn bell and put a new one on!
See the review at:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=104334.new#new

Nice! Had my eye for this post.   :2vrolijk_21:

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #2966 on: September 20, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »

I installed the harness shown below.  It connects under the left side cover to a male connector just waiting for an accessory harness to be plugged in.  I used the loose wires shown on the one end to connect my radar detector to, and the plug at the same end is a bonus accessory plug. 
Works like a champ.
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #2967 on: September 20, 2015, 04:54:03 PM »

On the road again!!  After surgery and 2 1/2 months of rehab on my right arm the brace goes away :huepfenjump3:

Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2968 on: September 20, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »

I installed the harness shown below.  It connects under the left side cover to a male connector just waiting for an accessory harness to be plugged in.  I used the loose wires shown on the one end to connect my radar detector to, and the plug at the same end is a bonus accessory plug. 
Works like a champ.
That looks a lot easier than the setup I did. I added aux switches on the left side of the fork lock and a different harness into that same plug under the cover. I have my driving lights and white LED accent lights on those switches. Are you telling me that aux plug behind that panel is already hot when the bike is turned on and I didn't need to add those switches?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #2969 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »

That looks a lot easier than the setup I did. I added aux switches on the left side of the fork lock and a different harness into that same plug under the cover. I have my driving lights and white LED accent lights on those switches. Are you telling me that aux plug behind that panel is already hot when the bike is turned on and I didn't need to add those switches?

Mike,
The short answer, I guess...is yes.  I was looking at the aux switches as well for my bike, thought I could use one for the radar detector and the other for some future thing. But then I found this harness and did the research and decided to try it instead.  Got it for around $24 delivered.
This harness has a 15A rating.  I had to trim the ends off 2 of the three leads, but that was a breeze.  You use the purple lead for hot rather than the red lead, as the red lead is hot all the time.
My only concern with this harness is that the PDF instructions said to hook this up to the spare plug under the left side cover.  The shop manual for our bike says the spare is a dark grey plug and is the the bottom of the two plugs under the cover, but this harness will not fit that plug as it is a 4-connector, nor are they even wired the same.  The top connector of the two, however, is wired exactly the same and has the same color and type connector, but the manual says that connector under the left side cover is a diagnostic connector. 
I did a trial hookup before putting anything together permanently using the "diagnostic connector on the bike, and it worked perfectly with no issues.  I haven't checked for DTC's yet, but it worked fine with no issues.  I can only assume that since the connector was the exact same type, and the wiring colors and quantities of wires were identical, and because the HD web site said this connector worked for our '15 RGU's, that I have done the right thing.  The other, darker grey connector, had a lot more wires leading to it, so I am left to assume that it's the diagnostic plug in and that the shop manual incorrectly labels the diagram.
PM me if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:25:56 PM by RGlideKid »
Harry

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 473

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.