Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172083 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #3645 on: July 11, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »

Put a SE Oil Pan on the Ol' Girl.  Jody said 6 qts. to fill it the first time... pan, filter, and cooler.  I'll run her a little and probably add a little.  I never did run one right on the full mark.  I like it about 2 dots under full.  Another quirk of mine.    Later--HUBBARD
Always thought you were about a quart low..... :P
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3646 on: July 11, 2016, 08:18:44 PM »

Always thought you were about a quart low..... :P

Yep, I've de-rated a few times, for sure!  :huepfenlol2:  I've mellowed a lot, though.  Hell.......I had to!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #3647 on: July 24, 2016, 12:24:34 AM »

put 135 miles on mine today with my buddies in upstate ny.

Hnhcvo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 RG cvo skunk
    • Hart & Huntington Niagara Tattoo Co
« Reply #3648 on: July 24, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »

put on a about 1000+ km the last week and took home best of show and $350 at the Kingston bike show and shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't ride a motorcycle ... I ride a HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3649 on: July 24, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »

Hnhcvo, I really like that look, but how does it handle, compared to Stock?  I've heard this and that, but from no one that logged a 1000 miles on a run.  It appears it would be somewhat awkward in aggressive riding.  I'm talking about 2 Lane twisties.  But what do I know?  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Hnhcvo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 RG cvo skunk
    • Hart & Huntington Niagara Tattoo Co
« Reply #3650 on: July 24, 2016, 04:18:37 PM »

Hnhcvo, I really like that look, but how does it handle, compared to Stock?  I've heard this and that, but from no one that logged a 1000 miles on a run.  It appears it would be somewhat awkward in aggressive riding.  I'm talking about 2 Lane twisties.  But what do I know?  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
Haha. Your some what correct. A little more work in the corners and have to commit when your coming in hot. Definitely have to be aware of the limits. I just don't ride quite as aggressive. I'm sure you can I just know my personal ability and respect the 1000 pounds under me lol. Honestly though it's smooth and I love it. No problem setting the cruise and sitting back and steering with my ass on the straightaways.  I will say in the city it's a lot more work and definitely not as nimble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't ride a motorcycle ... I ride a HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #3651 on: July 29, 2016, 10:28:59 PM »

I cut back the lower vents on my lowers.  Boy I sure wish I did this 2years ago.  I got rid of a lot of heat on my legs.  Much more enjoyable on hot days.  I will post a picture tomorrow. I don't know why HDmade the vents the way they did.  I get twice as much air thru them now.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #3652 on: July 30, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

I cut back the lower vents on my lowers.  Boy I sure wish I did this 2years ago.  I got rid of a lot of heat on my legs.  Much more enjoyable on hot days.  I will post a picture tomorrow. I don't know why HDmade the vents the way they did.  I get twice as much air thru them now.

Can you explain what you meant by "Cut Back the Lower Vents"?  I have a '15 CVO SG and I thought the lower vents open and close.  Am I missing something or is yours a different model?  Pics?
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

FXD_TG

« Reply #3653 on: July 30, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

Can you explain what you meant by "Cut Back the Lower Vents"?  I have a '15 CVO SG and I thought the lower vents open and close.  Am I missing something or is yours a different model?  Pics?

I think I know what he did and considered it myself; however, it gets cold here in the winter.  So, I just remove the doors during the summer: one bolt holds them in place.  It takes a little "english" to get the alignment channel off the alignment pin but NBD.  I've toyed around with installing screen material over the openings when the doors are removed. My guess is I'd bugger-up the paint on the lowers in the process which is why I've never acted on it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:21:21 PM by FXD_TG »

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3654 on: July 30, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »

I remove them as well.  I don't like to do something that is permanent.  however, in this case, if he does change his mind, the vent doors are only about $17 each.  ('old' style, pre 14)
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #3655 on: July 30, 2016, 07:21:48 PM »

Fxd_TD that is what it looks like after the cut back.  But if I get into heavy rain I can still close them off by 80%.  Which will keep me fairly dry.  If it cost $39 to replace, NBD. Getting soaked to the bone on a trip is a PITA.  Getting rid of the heat was well worth the time and effort.  Just got back from a 225 mile ride in 90* weather and I can tell you it made a very noticeable difference.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

FXD_TG

« Reply #3656 on: July 30, 2016, 11:57:36 PM »

Just got back from a 225 mile ride in 90* weather and I can tell you it made a very noticeable difference.

We just did a trip to Key West from Atlanta over the 4th of July week and yeah... anything to beat back the heat is a good thing.  In addition to removing the vent doors, it finally dawned on me that the finned head bolt bridges were probably hindering the ability of the cylinder heads to shed heat by restricting airflow around the spark plugs / top of the cylinders.  Still seeing oil temps in the 260°F range on hot days after just riding along, but that's down from what I was seeing with the bridges installed.

So, these also came off and will likely stay off the bike.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:01:31 AM by FXD_TG »

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #3657 on: July 31, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »

We just did a trip to Key West from Atlanta over the 4th of July week and yeah... anything to beat back the heat is a good thing.  In addition to removing the vent doors, it finally dawned on me that the finned head bolt bridges were probably hindering the ability of the cylinder heads to shed heat by restricting airflow around the spark plugs / top of the cylinders.  Still seeing oil temps in the 260°F range on hot days after just riding along, but that's down from what I was seeing with the bridges installed.

So, these also came off and will likely stay off the bike.

Thanks for the post on this.  I was wondering if they help/hindered the cooling of the engine.  Now I know.  Sounds like some Ward's fans are in my future.

Did you get a thermal pic with them on?

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

FXD_TG

« Reply #3658 on: July 31, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »

Did you get a thermal pic with them on?

No... just found one of a standard Harley cylinder head which provided me with a big 'aha'. 

I'd initially tried to convince myself the add-on "fins" might work as a heat sink, but called B.S. on myself for that.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #3659 on: July 31, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »

I went to the shop and uncovered Betsy (04 SEEG) then took her out for a brief but vigous workout, just to make sure she remains in top form. I didn't want her to get jealous over all the attention and riding that Orange Crush has been getting this year.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 473

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.