Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1171976 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #3855 on: October 15, 2016, 08:57:08 PM »

Serviced the bike. . Ready to head to North Carolina on Wednesday. . Can't wait
 ;D
Didn't you just head west about a month ago?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3856 on: October 16, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »

No.  Haven't been anywhere in a while. . This is going to be a great time. .  :)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3857 on: October 16, 2016, 08:19:32 PM »

Cranked Ol Maybelle upon the jack, and let her run for 5-6 minutes, like I always do, with a few throttle bursts, after she warms up.  Now, I have a strong smell of gas in the garage.  Never experienced that.  Ever.  Been doin' it for years.  Cant's see any signs of gas leakin' anywhere.  WTF?  Do store Torco in the garage, but always have.  Vents on the Torco are always where they've been for years.  And, it's not a pure Torco smell.  I mean a strong gas smell!  Hope the phuck my garage don't explode!  I opened the windows, but very concerned.  :nixweiss:  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3858 on: October 16, 2016, 08:37:50 PM »

Cranked Ol Maybelle upon the jack, and let her run for 5-6 minutes, like I always do, with a few throttle bursts, after she warms up.  Now, I have a strong smell of gas in the garage.  Never experienced that.  Ever.  Been doin' it for years.  Cant's see any signs of gas leakin' anywhere.  WTF?  Do store Torco in the garage, but always have.  Vents on the Torco are always where they've been for years.  And, it's not a pure Torco smell.  I mean a strong gas smell!  Hope the phuck my garage don't explode!  I opened the windows, but very concerned.  :nixweiss:  Later--HUBBARD
You took care of the "foreplay" (cranking her up) but didn't take her out (WFO) for a climax. :nixweiss: Only time I start mine is when I'm going to ride her... good for both of us. ;) :)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HillCity

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultraviolet Blue/Molten Lava Flames
« Reply #3859 on: October 16, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »

Installed the new GoPro and took advantage of the excellent October weather here in Virginia.  Went for a 100 mile ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and surrounding area roads.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #3860 on: October 17, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »

The smell of straight fuel, as if it were overflow at fill up, that strong?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3861 on: October 17, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »

The smell of straight fuel, as if it were overflow at fill up, that strong?

Yep.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3862 on: October 17, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »

I'm guessing HUBBARD has a fuel leak of sorts, time to start with the most simple; the connection from the tank and go from there.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3863 on: October 17, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »

You sure it's not just the exhaust?  May just be running a bit rich on a cold start.

I agree with Gary.  Leave her "off" unless you're going for a ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3864 on: October 17, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »

I had to start the Wife's FLD to move it up the ramp into the 'bike annex'.......I let it warm up and revved it a few times....moved it up the ramp and shut 'er down. Had one garage door open while it was running ....and it still stunk like gas for when I went back out.......so I opened both doors and aired it out good.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3865 on: October 18, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »

I am guessing HUBBARD has done this same exact thing many times in the past under the same conditions and not encountered this problem, thus, this is why he has brought it to our attention.
I have a Handy motorcycle lift I run my motorcycle for 30 minutes sometimes and I don't have a strong smell of un-burnt fuel / straight fuel. I have never encountered the smell of straight fuel unless it overflowed during the filling process and I believe this is the type of odor HUBBARD is referring to.
However, I could be totally wrong.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3866 on: October 18, 2016, 01:17:16 AM »

I've had the same thing the ood time. When I've been out and come back and don't put the bike in the garage it may sit in the driveway for the day. Then when I do put it in l have to fire it up( as l can't push it in ) once I'm in l let it run for a few minutes then shut it off. That's when I smell gas as well, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.
I put it down to at the moment the motor is shut down and the pots not being as hot that an exhaust valve is open and it's the gas vapor from that pot coming out of the tail pipe that you smell.
If it happens again give a smell at the tail pipes you'll most likely smell it to be the strongest there. The same thing goes for the intake the small could be strongest at the air filter.
If you do have a concern of a leak but can't see a leak look for a white ring like stain . Gas that has been vaporised on a hot metal can leave a stain.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3867 on: October 18, 2016, 01:33:19 AM »

Did a little upgrade today. I removed the stupid little straight grease nipple for the yoke steering bearings that you can't get onto for greasing the bearings,..not with out removing other things to access it. Simple solution l installed a 45 angle fitting. Why a straight is used in the first place  :nixweiss:

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3868 on: October 18, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »

Yep.  Later--HUBBARD

Most likely suspect is the O-ring in the fuel quick-connect on the bottom of the tank. This can drip raw gas onto the rear head, where it will rapidly evaporate, effectively hiding the evidence.
Fold a paper towel and stick it into the fins of the head, look for staining and stink on the towel.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

ultrarider123

« Reply #3869 on: October 18, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »

Most likely suspect is the O-ring in the fuel quick-connect on the bottom of the tank. This can drip raw gas onto the rear head, where it will rapidly evaporate, effectively hiding the evidence.
Fold a paper towel and stick it into the fins of the head, look for staining and stink on the towel.

eeeuuwww.... :-[

as one gets older, that can happen much more often....
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 473

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 20 queries.