Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rushmore better?  (Read 6448 times)

cajunrider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

Re: Rushmore better?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 07:03:58 PM »

I traded my '12 Tequila Sunrise Ultra Limited for my '16 CVO Limited. Improved handling, prefer the water cooled 110 over the air cooled 103, Infotainment and Boom Box are great, bigger tourpak, LED lighting, linked ABS, and the list goes on. I went with V&H true dual headers and Rinehart cans on the '12 along with the SE Supertuner and Stage 1 intake. Before doing so, my wife couldn't handle the extreme heat from the CAT. The crash bar in front of the right bag would get hot enough to burn her leg through the jeans. I just turned 300 miles on the new CVO and don't see the need to remove the CAT yet. Even in steamy upper 90's in South Louisiana. My '12 didn't have a ding, chip, or scratch on it. My dealer couldn't believe how immaculate it was but the trade value sucked. He knocked several thousand off of the new one so that made upgrading more appealing. Glad I did. 

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »

I really like the 2015 CVO Gold Rush, and I like the light bar vs the 2016.  I'm not sure what more you get with the 2016, aside from the updated (single) fob, TPMS, and different stitching in seat(?), of course different colors & tank badgeing.

The deals are starting to show up, so I need to stay away from dealerships.  2017, hurry up! ;D
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 11:22:47 AM »

I really like the 2015 CVO Gold Rush, and I like the light bar vs the 2016.

That's the one I was considering to upgrade my '08, but can't justify the $15k upgrade price right now.  :(
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

That's the one I was considering to upgrade my '08, but can't justify the $15k upgrade price right now.  :(

I just need to keep away from the dealerships, and I'll be much better off! ::)  The deals will only get better, but do we really need a new 35K bike? :nixweiss: 

It will be real interesting to see what the 2017's bring to the table.  Now if they come up with a really good suspension with 4.5"+ of rear travel and handles better than my bike, I'll be all in, maybe (blasphemy, I know) even a non CVO! :o
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Davestune

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 01:00:37 PM »

If you like it but it.
 I just bought a 16 limited, put 3000 miles on it last week, I will say I can ride all day and night which I did lol.
I came off a 13 street glide no more heat and bottoming  out.
Seems too heavy but it's a nice ride and the power is nice, its all stock.  Would like to change the pipes though
 I usually trade in these new bikes every 3 years so dont pay attention to alot of stuff they do and refuse to work on new bikes
 But I like the bike and feel its king of the road, should go faster than 120 lol
 All in all im glad I bought it
Any thing over 500 miles on any of my vintage bikes gets old

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »

If you like it but it.
 I just bought a 16 limited, put 3000 miles on it last week, I will say I can ride all day and night which I did lol.
I came off a 13 street glide no more heat and bottoming  out.
Seems too heavy but it's a nice ride and the power is nice, its all stock.  Would like to change the pipes though
 I usually trade in these new bikes every 3 years so dont pay attention to alot of stuff they do and refuse to work on new bikes
 But I like the bike and feel its king of the road, should go faster than 120 lol
 All in all im glad I bought it
Any thing over 500 miles on any of my vintage bikes gets old

Congrats on your new bike! :banana:  You know the rules, now show us a picture! :deal2:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.