Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Condor chock vs Wheeldock  (Read 37847 times)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Condor chock vs Wheeldock
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »

Just ordered a wheeldock for my new lift! Thanks for the reviews guys!!!!!!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:47:03 PM by faceracer »
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »

Something I just noticed that's turning out to be a major headahce concerning the Condor. As those with one are aware, you really, really have to yank hard on the handlebars to pull the bike out of the dock.  I just noticed my handle bars cracked in the middle as a result. While this weakness in the Harley bars with internal wiring is a known issue, and has been bandaided a bit with the new clamp, I have no doubt that even with the new clamp, over time all this yanking is going to add up.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »

Update! I just recieved my new Wheldock! That was fast just ordered it last Friday. It arrived yesterday. I purchased the quick disconnect mount because I thought I could use it on the lift and put one in my truck for if I want to haul the bike. Problem is the quickdisconnect mount is 4" wider than my lift. I can use that for the truck but not I have to figure out how to mount the wheeldock on my lift! HELP! Can some of you guys that have the wheeldock on your lift tell me which method you used? There are the 2 slotted holes in the middle and then I thought about drilling some holes in the crossmember? Thanks!!!!
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »

There are many wheel chocks on the market and I have used a few over the years... IMHO, none as good as the Wheeldock!  :2vrolijk_21:

I have had two Wheeldocks for the wife's and my bikes a few years now and can't say enough about the quality, ease of use (even with a 900+lb bike), stability in the garage and in the trailer, the quickness of loading and unloading the bike from the chock and from the trailer, etc..

To be perfectly honest, I'm amazed that Condor (or any others with that similar type chock) are still in business, since Wheeldock was introduced.  :nixweiss:

Also, Wheeldock is a pleasure to deal with!  ;D

'nough said!

What size do you recommend for a SERGU?  I had a condor, I liked it, but it was a pain to get out of the chock after the bike had been sitting for a while.  This looks like a awesome system for parking the bike in the garage????
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »

What size do you recommend for a SERGU?  I had a condor, I liked it, but it was a pain to get out of the chock after the bike had been sitting for a while.  This looks like a awesome system for parking the bike in the garage????

If you get in touch with WheelDock they will know exactly which chock you will require for your bike...
Great people to deal with.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:22:17 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »

JUST ordered the Wheel Dock for at the $199.00 special holiday price.   Guy told me the regular price was over $300, very informative great people to deal with!  I had a Condor, at the time they were by far the best product and set the benchmark.  Apparently technolgy and creativity has caught up to them because as good as the Condor was, there were times that it was a bitch to get my bike out of the chock after it has been sitting for a while!  Thanks for the info!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:02 PM »

JUST ordered the Wheel Dock for at the $199.00 special holiday price.   Guy told me the regular price was over $300, very informative great people to deal with!  I had a Condor, at the time they were by far the best product and set the benchmark.  Apparently technolgy and creativity has caught up to them because as good as the Condor was, there were times that it was a bitch to get my bike out of the chock after it has been sitting for a while!  Thanks for the info!

For what's it's worth, Condor does have a new tire rocker that doesn't stick anymore. Instead of the vinyl covers, the new one is just krinkle finished. I mentioned that purely for those who already have the older Condors and are running into this issue. YOu can buy the new rocker for a few bucks.

However, as mentioned before, the Wheel Dock is defintely the way to go, and I'm now convinced that the Condor is not good at all for our inner wires handlebar. All of that heavy tugging to get the tire release is what cause mine to crack in the middle.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »

I have a couple Condors, one in garage and one in trailer. They both have the textured shoe, but I had another earlier model with the coated shoe as well. I have never had a problem getting the bike out of the chock. Are you guys that experience so much resistance sure you have the pin in the correct hole for your tire/wheel size? And I am totally confused by the comment regarding wires in handle bars being a problem with a Condor??? What?? I had wires in handlebars 30 years ago, this is not something specific to CVO bikes, but what does getting a bike out of a chock have to do with internal wires. Huh?

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »

Come on new contract!!!! I'm holding off on this and the rear trunk billet SE emblem from Jim. Oh and I wanna get their ez-up center stand as well. Looks like the wheeldock products are built pretty tough and glad to see so many good reviews.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

hdtrader

• Full CVO Member
  • ...in the motorcycle riding business since 1964.

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7 in Electric Orange and Black Diamond accented with H-D's Big City Lights Graphics...how did the MoCo come up with a description like that?
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »

Has anyone used the Braxley Wheel chalk, I just order one for the garage and / or the trailer...It's the Braxley LA Model.

I have a Baxley and use it when hauling the Boss Hoss and HD.  You won't be dissappointed...the quality and workmanship is second to none.
Randy
North Alabama...the Greater Tennessee Valley

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »

I have a couple Condors, one in garage and one in trailer. They both have the textured shoe, but I had another earlier model with the coated shoe as well. I have never had a problem getting the bike out of the chock. Are you guys that experience so much resistance sure you have the pin in the correct hole for your tire/wheel size? And I am totally confused by the comment regarding wires in handle bars being a problem with a Condor??? What?? I had wires in handlebars 30 years ago, this is not something specific to CVO bikes, but what does getting a bike out of a chock have to do with internal wires. Huh?

The pin location for the Touring Bikes with a 130/16 is pin hole 2. They state in the manual to use the hole where the front of the cradle just doesn't touch the ground with the wheel engaged. And yes, the reason why they abandoned the vinyl wrapped craddle was the vinyl over time would stick to the tire making it tougher to disengage. Going with the Krinkle finish solved this. Ask the Condor folks about this.

Lastly, the area where the hole is drilled in the CVO handle bars for the internal wiring is a weak point in the handle bars, and even under normal use, the handlebars could crack there. Harley was aware of the situation which is why they developed the new one-piece top handlebar mount that I believe came stock on the 2009+ bikes. The situation is, with the older bikes with the internal wiring and the old two-piece mounts, the tugging you have to do to pull the bike out of the Condors was putting alot of extra stress on the bars in that area, which is what caused mine to crack in the center along the hole for the wiring. I mounted my Condor to my SAM 2, and used the lift to park my bike. As such, I was tugging it out of the Condor every time, and after a few months I noticed the tell-tails signs of the lower dash was popping out of the inner fairing.

I pulled the amp and radio, and it is definitely cracked on the front center of the bar. I was hoping I could just put a couple of welds in there, and swap to the one-piece mount, as I really don't want to get through the hassle of swapping bars. However, I'm not real confident that this route will hold up even if I don't melt the crap out of the wires. Sucks.

I hope this better explains the situation.

mark

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »

I bought a Bike-Pro.  Chrome plated...looks good.  Quality construction.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »

I've been reading this thread for a while and just pulled the trigger on a Wheeldock.  Came in earlier this afternoon.  Don't trailer and wanted it just to hold the bike upright in the garage and when working on it.  I am impressed with the quality of workmanship and ease of use.  Graeat value for $199 imo.  :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »

Wheel dock are nice, if you have floor board extensions you need to extend the kick lever...well I do have stumpy legs.... :D

I would drill to fit a lift..

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

Hey....I finally got around to trying the WHEELDOCK.  Great quality, very easy to use.....but.....coming from a Condor, unless I missed something or there is some sort of an adjustment, you could ride into the Condor and jump off your bike and not worry about it tipping.  There appears to be a lot more play side to side and I'm not nearly as confident as I was with my Condor.  DID I MISS SOMETHING?  I e-mailed them and told them what model I have SERGU, and they said that #4 which is the 5 1/8.  I have the bike in the stand, but i have my portable lift/jack under it too because I don't trust it?  Need to get educated or maybe the wrong dock?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 24 queries.