Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2018 Pricing and Dealer Markup  (Read 14013 times)

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: 2018 Pricing and Dealer Markup
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »

I can buy a pretty damn good engine upgrade and a top end stereo, not to mention heated grips for less than $10K. They haven’t realized there is a limit to our stupidity and continued support.

It’s going to be very sad days around HD sooner than they think.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

mark

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »

I can buy a pretty damn good engine upgrade and a top end stereo, not to mention heated grips for less than $10K. They haven’t realized there is a limit to our stupidity and continued support.

It’s going to be very sad days around HD sooner than they think.

Exactly.  Read Steve/Fullsac's recent post on a budget build for a 107 and look at the numbers he's getting.  I'm speculating there will be plenty of '18 CVOs in Sept that will be selling below MSRP.

mmazzone4444

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »

Yeah some of these dealers have become most egregious.  I called on a 2017 CVO Orange/Black SG new, the dealer was asking 42K, I told the sales person good luck selling this, you will have it a loooooooooooooooong time at that number.  CNBC always has Harley exec's on and they always say the older riders are not buying and not riding as much.  The younger riders are not on Harleys and in fact the other day I saw something that less and less people are riding every year.  I have gone the used market, much better deals.  Better get it while you can dealers...............greedy bastards................MAM

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

Unfortunately a lotta HD dealers have sold out to car dealership companies. The Harley dealership is then run like a Hyundai dealership. Gone are the days when Harley dealers were MOTORCYCLE dealers, run and owned by guys that ride and love there bikes.

I'm sure there are some that operate the old way but they are rare.

Speaking of changes facing The MoCo, after 28 years on Harleys including one CVO I bought a new 18 BMW K1600b bagger. Not putting down Harley as I still like them, I couldn't resist being able to buy a new bike that looked good to me, has 160hp and 129lb of torque, XM satellite, state of the art suspension that electronically adjust between rider, rider and passenger or 2 up with luggage. A state of the art ABS linked brakes system, power locks, including bags and front neck lock. Clutchless shifting option, heated seats and grips, power windshield, tire pressure monitors, stero of course, on and on. Only 741lbs to. All for a little over $24,000. To get some of those features on a Harley you must buy a CVO. Over $40,000. With much less power, handling, ride/comfort. The two bikes are day and night.

The BMW 6cyl is built entirely at there German factory including the crankshaft. No Chinese engine parts. So smooth it doesn't need a counter balancer or any isolators. You have to experience the motor to appreciate. 

Yes, Harley has some work to do.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:59:48 PM »

ReplyQuote
Unfortunately a lotta HD dealers have sold out to car dealership companies. The Harley dealership is then run like a Hyundai dealership. Gone are the days when Harley dealers were MOTORCYCLE dealers, run and owned by guys that ride and love there bikes.

I have been seeing this in my local area for few years now. Almost all my dealers are owned by car dealers or retired Canadian car dealers. This is killing the new bike industry, I for one am tired of their holier than thou attitude. It’s a privilege for you to buy from me attitude as well as they have ruined the service side of Harley dealers.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »

I have been shopping my 17 CVO street glide with stage 4, totally blacked out, 3 amps, 6- stage 2 speakers, d&d exhaust etc.
trade in values have been from $30-34k.
I finally got a deal for $39,000 for my bike on trade for 2 anniversary bikes.
I found the 2018 anniversary street glide special has a ton of CVO features on it and it allows me to customize it and still save 6-7k compared to new cvo street glide pricing. I also have the stock 114” set up from my stage 4 upgrade that I am going to install on that beautiful legend blue denim street glide.
I also agreed to buy the new fat boy in the same paint and graphics scheme.
I am buying 2 very nice and limited anniversary bikes for just a few grand more than the CVO road glide in gunship gray that I was going to buy and then customize. Looks like I got 2 new project bikes coming down my way.
I love my CVO’s but they just are getting to far out of control with $$$$  price versus features. Especially when I can buy 2 just as limited production bikes for the price of one.
My only fear is that I will now have 2- m8 motors to worry about.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »

I'm sure there are some that operate the old way but they are rare.

Not that rare in my area.  Owner of Smoky Mountain HD is one heck of a good rider.  Most would be very hard pressed to hang with him in the curves.  He owns several stores.  Boswell's Harley-Davidson owner Bubba is also one heck of a skilled rider.  Again most could not keep up with him in the curves, he owns two stores.  Both of these guys are active in running their stores, interact with the customers.  They also help customers. 

Bumps Family is another in my area.  They own a few stores, and the brothers are riders, as was their father who just passed.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »

Not that rare in my area.  Owner of Smoky Mountain HD is one heck of a good rider.  Most would be very hard pressed to hang with him in the curves.  He owns several stores.  Boswell's Harley-Davidson owner Bubba is also one heck of a skilled rider.  Again most could not keep up with him in the curves, he owns two stores.  Both of these guys are active in running their stores, interact with the customers.  They also help customers. 

Bumps Family is another in my area.  They own a few stores, and the brothers are riders, as was their father who just passed.
That's good, I on the other hand have experienced many that are owned by car dealers and run like one.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »

In the last year 3 local longtime H-D dealers/riders have sold out to car dealers, and there is another car dealer opening 2 new H-D dealers from scratch in our area.

I've been told that car dealers run things differently... Time will tell if that is good or bad.  :nixweiss: 
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 07:11:34 AM »

In the last year 3 local longtime H-D dealers/riders have sold out to car dealers, and there is another car dealer opening 2 new H-D dealers from scratch in our area.

I've been told that car dealers run things differently... Time will tell if that is good or bad.  :nixweiss:

At least car dealers are used to discounting, particularly at year end.  VOLUME Baby!

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:12 AM »

Interesting...in Ontario? Which ones?

ultrarider123

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »

Not that rare in my area.  Owner of Smoky Mountain HD is one heck of a good rider.  Most would be very hard pressed to hang with him in the curves. 

Well said, Dave.  I don't know how Scott keeps pegs on his bikes....the boy can ride  :2vrolijk_21:

Both of these guys are active in running their stores, interact with the customers.  They also help customers

...and exactly why people feel welcome and keep coming back.  The MSRP or better is just icing on the cake.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »

Funny the salesmen at our local dealers seem to be displaced car salesmen mainly because they have no product knowledge or knowledge of past years products. Seem to be just peddlers. Another reason not to buy for me. I'm sure there are many that have not gone this direction and I'm sure it will be obvious by their better experience. 

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 06:01:31 PM »

Funny the salesmen at our local dealers seem to be displaced car salesmen mainly because they have no product knowledge or knowledge of past years products. Seem to be just peddlers. Another reason not to buy for me. I'm sure there are many that have not gone this direction and I'm sure it will be obvious by their better experience.
I've seen the same thing. The ones that get to me are the 20 something's, dressed like a biker with long wallet chain. Without a clue about motorcycles. Don't think they own one or even ride. They are commissioned sales, they sell sizzle. "I can put you into this bike with no money down". That is what they know.

I miss the old days. Guess that means I'm old. :)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »

I've seen the same thing. The ones that get to me are the 20 something's, dressed like a biker with long wallet chain. Without a clue about motorcycles. Don't think they own one or even ride. They are commissioned sales, they sell sizzle. "I can put you into this bike with no money down". That is what they know.

I miss the old days. Guess that means I'm old. :)

The dealers I have mentioned, the salesmen ride also.  A few are in true MC's.  They know the product line, they all own one of the products.  Not saying the are experts and know everything but they do have a very strong knowledge.

I must be fortunate to have dealers around me where the owners are riders, and the sales staff are riders. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 24 queries.