Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engine light on and off !  (Read 1472 times)

Daxbraggs

• Free Rider
  • Ride Free

• CVO1: 2014 Softail Deluxe
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
Engine light on and off !
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »

Hello All, Just need some help as I live in Dubai , ( UAE ) , I have a 2015 CVO ( Street Glide ) (25,000 km )just out of warranty, upgraded with a 117 kit, Larger HD oil Sump. ( even added 2 extra speakers on the lower fairing ) last 2 months I have been having endless problems with my bike , rear speakers Keep blowing , 2 weeks ago the engine light came on , Bike ran dead ( limp mode ) waited a while it started engine light still on , HD dubai ran the codes about 8 or 9 of em, told me something to do with Throttle body , they had the codes erased and I took the bike out ,1500 Km and presto engine light on a Again, when I switch of and re start , it sometimes goes off, given the weather is hot would you guys think it’s a heat issue ? Unfortunately we not so well trained in Harley’s down here . Some suggestions would really help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: Engine light on and off !
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04:39 PM »

check your rear break light,mine was ding that ,and was my rear brake switch,it would come on and go off,the red light.Only way I found out was my buddy was riding behind me and noticed the rear brake lights where just as bright after I let off the rear break.

JerseyT

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »

Since the dealer pulled codes related to Throttle Body issues and the bike went into limp mode, I'd start by disconnecting the Throttle Body electrical connector and cleaning the connection pins and sockets with electrical contact cleaner.  Coat pins and sockets with dielectric grease and reconnect.  You may have fretting on the pins and sockets.  Pretty common problem.  Try the simple no-cost fixes first.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

Daxbraggs

• Free Rider
  • Ride Free

• CVO1: 2014 Softail Deluxe
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:10:13 AM »

Since the dealer pulled codes related to Throttle Body issues and the bike went into limp mode, I'd start by disconnecting the Throttle Body electrical connector and cleaning the connection pins and sockets with electrical contact cleaner.  Coat pins and sockets with dielectric grease and reconnect.  You may have fretting on the pins and sockets.  Pretty common problem.  Try the simple no-cost fixes first.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thanks for the info , took the bike to the dealer this morning and he plugged it in and ran the codes , some sort of throttle sensor needs to be replaced as I have changed handle bars to PY monkey Bars and this could be the problem for now , as usual they never have stock and have to order from overseas, part number 32700050. Thanks for ur help again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.