Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: LIVE WIRE JUST ARRIVED AT LOCAL DEALER  (Read 1837 times)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
LIVE WIRE JUST ARRIVED AT LOCAL DEALER
« on: February 24, 2020, 06:37:37 PM »

Stopped by my local dealer. They just got 3 Live wires bikes in for sale for only $30,000.00! Wow.

A retired wrench who left the my dealership about 3 years ago, took it out for a spin. Crazy fast, 0-80 mph in 5-6 seconds. (IIRC) Spoke to their top wrench and he too it one apart and put it back together in no time. I believe they said it had a range of 150 miles.

I actually got to sit on it and could of taken out for a spin for kicks and giggles, but it started to rain. Oh well make next time around.

Just thought I would pass this along.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: LIVE WIRE JUST ARRIVED AT LOCAL DEALER
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:20:47 PM »

Would like to test ride one of these.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 11:15:53 PM »

I wouldn't mind test riding one my self, however the price tag :nixweiss:

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:52:05 AM »

My next door neighbor just traded in his 2016 SESG and got the livewire in black. He let me take it for a spin. It is scary quick. Somebody will make a tuner to jailbreak it eventually. Top speed is about 110. And it gets there fast!
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

mark

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »

My next door neighbor just traded in his 2016 SESG and got the livewire in black. He let me take it for a spin. It is scary quick. Somebody will make a tuner to jailbreak it eventually. Top speed is about 110. And it gets there fast!
110 is the top speed?  I just don’t see these selling...110 top speed, very limited range, $30k.  Touring bikes have a higher top speed...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »

110 is the top speed?  I just don’t see these selling...110 top speed, very limited range, $30k.  Touring bikes have a higher top speed...

I know, I know, stating the obvious.  But that's a specious comparison.  They aren't intended to be anything that would compare to a touring bike.  Bar hopper and local commuter.  Still stupid expensive for what they are...

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 12:16:01 PM »

IF and I say IF one were to look at an electric motorcycle, I think taking a look at Zero Electric Motorcycles would be a good place to start.  At least they've been in business for some time now and have what looks to be a new and improved version for $20k to $22k.

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/model/zero-srs

It comes in two versions, a more upright sitting position or a lean forward crotch rocket position.  Been in business for over six years.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »

IF and I say IF one were to look at an electric motorcycle, I think taking a look at Zero Electric Motorcycles would be a good place to start.  At least they've been in business for some time now and have what looks to be a new and improved version for $20k to $22k.

It comes in two versions, a more upright sitting position or a lean forward crotch rocket position.  Been in business for over six years.

If I was looking to buy an electric MC that is the place I would start.  30% less than HD with several years experience.  HD will sell some bikes because of their name, but am guessing there will be some major buyer's remorse when those buyers figure out what else is out there, similar performance, less money.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »

I test rode a Live Wire last December at the Toronto Motorcycle Show.  They had an indoor road course set up for people to try it out for 10 or so laps around.

It is fast for sure, just not my "cup of tea".

Plus on this side of the border I believe they're priced at $36k, and for that I can spend my hard earned money on a lot of different things that will give me way more pleasure.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 05:41:53 PM »

You all sound like folks not familiar with electric vehicles. This is a good first rendition from a good company.
The top speed limiter is to avoid draining the battery too quickly. It's neccessary to not overheat ot damage the batteries.
It's a start. Out of the gate will not be the best bike, just like the first color televisions weren't amazing, but they were a start and they sold. They aren't designed for touring bike riders, they're designed for people who can afford a $30K electric bike. The early Tesla were $100K+ for 250 miles of range.

And the new touring bikes are electronically limited at 110 also, or at least mine is.

Making it for a longer time doesn't qualify it as better. There were many companies that ventured into the electric and hybrid market before Tesla, and Tesla surpassed them all even though they were new to the arena.

mark

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »

X2 on the Zero.  The Zero has a top speed of 124...that’s more in line with this class of bike, but still not competitive regarding speed.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 10:53:23 PM »

At 110mph or 124mph, things are FLYING by. I have had my Streetglide over 120 a few times (thanks to powervision) and it is a blur.. so 110 on a Sportster sized bike is plenty fast enough for me.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:22 PM »

At 110mph or 124mph, things are FLYING by. I have had my Streetglide over 120 a few times (thanks to powervision) and it is a blur.. so 110 on a Sportster sized bike is plenty fast enough for me.

Plus when using that much energy your range is going to fall like the space shuttle flying into a headwind.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »

Not sure why anyone would make a comparison between a gasoline touring bike and a Livewire but for some reason people on this forum do that.
I would consider a Livewire, even at 30K, If I wanted an electric bike, I assume they qualify for at least some of that tax rebate that electric cars get and they are Fast, smooth, look cool and have a dealer network bigger than a ant. I wouldn't consider a Zero because of the dealer network. Same reason, for me, to never consider a Euro Bike, just no dealers in my area to maintain them, especially during warranty. Local service is important to most people.
I think the Livewire is a good start, may not be the best ever but sure looks good for a first effort and people who never considered or talked about a Harley are talking about them, which is good.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 10:19:33 PM »

I guess the reason people on this site want to compare an electric bike to a gas touring bike is the idea of "What do they ride a bike for?"
I can imagine that most members of this site own a bike to ride long distance or looking for comfort and gear storage. I think a better issue would be for those members who have the touring bike but also a bar hopper/commuter urban bike consider buying an electric bike to add to their stable.
I know there are many post over the years of members being tired of being unpaid testers of H-D products and I for one don't want to be the "test dummy" of new technology especially from a company that won't admit fault very often and wants the customer to pay for upgrades and fixes.
Then look at battery technology now and there are many stories of batteries overheating and bursting into flames and with some of the cars they have them not only burn but reignite on their own.
Also has anyone ever priced out a battery system for an electric bike or car to see how much it would cost in batteries and labor to change them out? What about disposal fees too.....The way cars and bikes depreciate are we now creating the first in a line of disposable vehicles since it may cost more to replace the batteries then the vehicle is worth?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.