Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Riding through the Coronavirus  (Read 1607 times)

Stewie_FL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Riding through the Coronavirus
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:19:21 AM »

Just wondering how the Coronavirus outbreak has affected every ones riding habits? Most events have been canceled or postponed but are you still riding by yourself or in small groups? I myself still go out every day for a little ride at least. Can't stay cooped up. Good thing here is traffic is way down, but don't have anywhere to ride to. Almost everything is closed, so just burning gas that I really can't afford to buy because I am out of work until who knows when. Good thing I bought a new $45,000.00 bike right before the outbreak.  :oops:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:22:52 AM by Stewie_FL »
2020 CVO Ultra Limited
2011 Heritage Softail Classic

Past

1975 Suzuki TS125
1978 Honda CB750K
1991 Kawasaki ZX6
1992 Suzuki GSXR1100
1995 Honda Goldwing Anniversary Edition
1999 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2000 Yamaha Road Star 1600
2017 Street Glide Special

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Riding through the Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »

Those who choose to be out and about riding, enjoy and stay safe!

Don't forget when filling up to make good use of the handy paper towels at the pumps and wrap the handle and trigger prior to touching them with your hands or even with gloves.  You can't be too safe in this situation.  Just think of the number of hands that have touched these parts.  Also, use only debit or credit, no cash, which also gives you the bonus of not having enter the store! When you've finished pumping simply discard the towels in the handy trash can.

Stay safe everyone, and if we all to our part we will get through this quicker.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 09:48:53 AM »

I've been riding every day.....up to the top of Mt. Lemmons (9,100'), up to Madera Canyon (5,500'), etc.  Going for a bicycle ride out in the desert today (fat tire ebike).  I carry a package of the Handy Wipes and use them like never before....on the gas pump key pad, the gas pump nozzle grip, my hand grips and buttons on my handlebar controls, etc.

If/when I go in to the gas station to buy a snack, I use the handwipes as soon as I return to my bike.  I don't stop anywhere else and don't get close to anybody when I do arrive at a rest area or parking lot at the top of any of these mountains.

Very relaxed, solo rides are some of the best! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »

I've been riding every day.....up to the top of Mt. Lemmons (9,100'), up to Madera Canyon (5,500'), etc.  Going for a bicycle ride out in the desert today (fat tire ebike).  I carry a package of the Handy Wipes and use them like never before....on the gas pump key pad, the gas pump nozzle grip, my hand grips and buttons on my handlebar controls, etc.

If/when I go in to the gas station to buy a snack, I use the handwipes as soon as I return to my bike.  I don't stop anywhere else and don't get close to anybody when I do arrive at a rest area or parking lot at the top of any of these mountains.

Very relaxed, solo rides are some of the best! :2vrolijk_21:
Solo rides? You leave your wife at the camper?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »

Been a bit on the cool and very wet side around here so not much riding even before this.  But the middle of next week looks very promising - dry and in the 70s - so will definitely be out for some wind therapy.

No disinfectant wipes to be found anywhere so what I've done is wet a washcloth (thoroughly but not dripping) with Lysol and put in it a zip lock bag.  Then I've got that to wipe down things I must touch.  I swap out the washcloth after a few uses.  Hope this works, lol.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »

Riding every other day.  Was riding to locally owned restaurants & eating on the patio since the weather has been perfect. 80s daytime, 60s early morning with no rain.  Now restaurants only offer take out & most public parks are closed so I just ride to ride.  Usually 100 miles or so - little 2 lane country roads where there wasn't much traffic when there was traffic.  Now there is almost none.

Took a few rides with groups up until this last change.  Now will probably just ride mostly with the BSR or solo as the mood strikes.  Gas prices continue to drop.  Gas is in good supply unlike some other stuff.

Will be getting take out from some local spots in the truck.  Will buy a few gift cards.  These places are struggling for the most part & some have said already if they close they will not be able to re-open.  College kids are gone & the legislature left town so we are about as normal as we get now.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »

Still waiting for the upstate NY weather to cooperate and I will be on the bike for a few hours everyday....

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »

No ride in France since 1 week. Absolutly prohibited and probably for 5/6 weeks.  :oops:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:52:09 PM by bisounours »
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

bgdv1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »

Waiting for all the roads here to get swept. The small municipal back roads are covered with antiskid. Not worth taking the bike out till they get swept.
'17 CVO Ultra
'11 SG

mark

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »

I just retired, so I’ve got more time to ride, but the social aspect of riding has been impacted...no more rides to visit places, riding to eat at a lunch destination, no more riding to a dealership, looking at bikes, etc.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:41:14 PM by Mark »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »

I have been riding daily when not raining.  Its usually alone or small groups.  Need something fun, and safe to do.  Dang pouring rain today 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:20 PM »

At least 3 days a week has been hot in the afternoons, traffic is light and gas is cheap.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 08:47:34 PM »

Just got back yesterday from a 1,000 + mile ride with a number of them in the mountains!

Sweet!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:23:25 PM »

Solo rides? You leave your wife at the camper?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Just saw this.  We bought a winter home in Southern Arizona and she still has her internet business so she's on the computer all day.  But we did get in about 240 miles yesterday......did a big loop around Southern Ariz.  ended with a late lunch in Tombstone (which is now a ghost town!) before we headed back home.

Motorcycles are everywhere out there.  On the most desolate two lane back roads we're passing bikes going the other way and sometimes the same direction as us.  A lot of bikes out there and it's been in the mid 80s all week so good t-shirt riding weather.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:25:47 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dinger1990

• Junior CVO Member
    • SK

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 10:24:16 PM »

It’s going to be awhile before we even get the opportunity to think about riding up in the great white north. We got another 4” of snow today. Jealousy will get me nowhere in a hurry. Ride safe all.  :jalapeno:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.