Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Harley Sales Go From Bad to Worse  (Read 10106 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: Harley Sales Go From Bad to Worse
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 07:37:47 AM »

How about this...Reduce bonuses benefits and salaries of top executives and leaders by 20% and then be willing to settle for a 20% drop in profits.    That could be used to drop prices by 15 to 20%.     

Let me think about this...instead of $40,000+ for a new SESG it would $32,000.....NOW YOU GOT MY ATTENTION

mark

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »

Not going to happen.

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »

More feasible scenario would be they shut down another U.S factory, layoff all the workers & move to Asia somewhere. Give Execs raises for cutting costs & increase prices 10-15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »

I have never seen this before came in today’s mail.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »

How about this...Reduce bonuses benefits and salaries of top executives and leaders by 20% and then be willing to settle for a 20% drop in profits.    That could be used to drop prices by 15 to 20%.     

Let me think about this...instead of $40,000+ for a new SESG it would $32,000.....NOW YOU GOT MY ATTENTION

The REAL assessment would be the NET AFTER TAX dealer profit between the two.

Also, Salary and cost reduction expense go 100% to the bottom line.

ultrarider123

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 01:57:46 PM »

Got mine this past Saturday, Jim.  Don't it just make you wanta go getcha a new'un?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »

Got mine this past Saturday, Jim.  Don't it just make you wanta go getcha a new'un?

Howard not even close.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

mark

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 03:41:28 PM »

I believe this is the "discounting" HD has always resisted, masked as a special 115th Anniversary offering.  I just happened to be on the HD site today pricing out a CVO Ultra with the blue paint.  Base price, tax, $300 thrown in for B.S., and you're at about $47,500.  Throw in a HD tuner, slip-ons, some bling, maybe an extended warranty, and you're bouncing close to $50k.  I just don't think the market is there any longer.     

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:39 PM »

I believe this is the "discounting" HD has always resisted, masked as a special 115th Anniversary offering.  I just happened to be on the HD site today pricing out a CVO Ultra with the blue paint.  Base price, tax, $300 thrown in for B.S., and you're at about $47,500.  Throw in a HD tuner, slip-ons, some bling, maybe an extended warranty, and you're bouncing close to $50k.  I just don't think the market is there any longer.   

The market for CVO was always smaller than the general HD market. I see so many folks griping about "Who can afford $45-50k?". Not very many people. It's an exclusive club. Quit griping if the price of admission is too high for you or buy a used CVO.

I decided that the CVO is now out of my league as a retiree. So I picked up a new 2018 Road Glide Special. I shopped around for the best deal I could find and then I went to my local dealer and convinced them to BEAT my best deal or watch me fly my ass to Chicagoland for a new Harley. They beat the deal.

DH

mark

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »

The market for CVO was always smaller than the general HD market. I see so many folks griping about "Who can afford $45-50k?". Not very many people. It's an exclusive club. Quit griping if the price of admission is too high for you or buy a used CVO.

I decided that the CVO is now out of my league as a retiree. So I picked up a new 2018 Road Glide Special. I shopped around for the best deal I could find and then I went to my local dealer and convinced them to BEAT my best deal or watch me fly my ass to Chicagoland for a new Harley. They beat the deal.

DH
Actually I'm not bitching, just posting facts (the cost of buying a new CVO).  The market for $50k bikes has contracted as the peak spending years of boomers are in the rear view mirror.  I'm a late boomer, still working, and can afford a new one.  I'm just not willing to put $50k into a bike, especially one that has engine issues.  My last two CVOs cost about $28k and $33k...now it's $50k.  Yes, CVOs have always been exclusive; but, like you said, on a retirees salary, they have become pricey...but the market for touring bikes is retirees.  As I posted above, I just don't see much of a market for $50k baggers.       
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:48:54 AM by Mark »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2018, 05:13:11 PM »

Actually, I'm not bitching, just posting facts (the cost of a buying new CVO).  The market for $50k bikes has contracted as the peak spending years of boomers are in the rearview mirror.  I'm a late boomer, still working, and can afford a new one.  I'm just not willing to put $50k into a bike, especially one that has engine issues.  My last two CVOs cost about $28k and $33k...now it's $50k.  Yes, CVOs have always been exclusive; but, like you said, on a retirees salary, they have become pricey...but the market for touring bikes is retirees.  As I posted above, I just don't see much of a market for $50k baggers.       

You and I are both being sensible. We have evaluated the exclusive $50k club and determined that we don't need to be a part of the club, at least in the future. That's up to everyone to evaluate and make their own decisions. I know plenty of riders out there are riding around on new and/or used Harley's, paying 14-15% interest on 72-month loans with big smiles on their face. Their Harley comes before everything else.

And then you have the folks that evaluated the CVO and opted for Indians, Hondas, or BMWs. Anyone looking for a touring/bagger should be making those evaluations and decisions.

Ride On,
DH

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2018, 05:35:46 PM »

I believe this is the "discounting" HD has always resisted, masked as a special 115th Anniversary offering.  I just happened to be on the HD site today pricing out a CVO Ultra with the blue paint.  Base price, tax, $300 thrown in for B.S., and you're at about $47,500.  Throw in a HD tuner, slip-ons, some bling, maybe an extended warranty, and you're bouncing close to $50k. I just don't think the market is there any longer.   

I have to agree....it's sure not there for me, anymore.  I can remember standing around with many CVO owners and it was always a conversation about the next one.  The past few years it's been more and more a conversation about "I'm done with them.....to much $$ for antiquated technology, etc. etc."

My last CVO was bought in 2014 and it was a "used" 2013.  The days for a new CVO are over for me.  As a matter of fact, the days for a CVO used may be over for me......that touring model BMW is looking better and better to me......just waiting for Steve (Fullsac) to come out with forward controls and then I'm all over it!    :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:37:57 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:38 PM »

Yes that's the same card I started this thread about several days ago.....
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=115497.0

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »

Hmmm.. this is surprisingly a well kept secret, or maybe I am out of the Loop

ultrarider123

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 07:07:31 AM »

This discounting card is also NOT for the CVO's according to the fine print.... :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 25 queries.