Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Open letter to Harley Davidson  (Read 16028 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Open letter to Harley Davidson
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »

was just over at the BMW forum and let them know what an amazing bike they all have.. and to get their kids back in their yard  :nixweiss:
Believe it or not, the number one bike BMW K1600 B or bagger owners own or traded is a Harley. Generally we all treat Harley with respect and accept the differences as simply what is.

Many still own a Harley, many hope to buy another like myself.  Generally we respect and like most bikes and those that ride.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »

believe it or not I own a BMW, its an amazing vehicle  :o …. 328xi...………. but im not going to sit here and beat on my chest cause I own a BMW   :nixweiss: and I traded a ford for it  ???
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:35:46 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2019, 04:22:58 AM »

It's obvious Owl you haven't been around Harley long. Not ment as a put down, otherwise you would understand where many are coming from.

We're not wishing for Harley's failure, we're hoping for a correction.

By the way, other brands are not copying Harley, generally they are building bikes with superior engineering. Harley's most valuable asset is it's loyal customer base, large dealer network and brand. We're just asking for competitive bikes to be added to the list along with returning to the most popular ways of the old time shops.

I realize this makes me a dinosaur. Harley has made it clear that there top priority is developing a new generation of riders starting with electric scooters and motorcycles.

Will always like Harleys and wish them the best. 

scottt, does 54 years on HD count as "long"?  and Lew you need to look up "sarcasm", you actually used it when referencing my medications, which by the way, do not include any hallucinogens. You might notice that several members agreed with my post which was meant to show the hyperbole displayed in this thread.  You may also notice that early in this discussion I agreed with your original post scottt, but as things progressed, this became very one sided.  I acknowledge there are equal or better choices than Harley Davidson, and I agree that the MC should listen, and the single loudest message you can send them is to buy someone else's product. But we are HERE, and in this house discussion, albeit multi faceted, usually doesn't include "trashing" our own brand. However, if that is the way you really feel, make the move, say goodbye, and "we will always like you and wish you the best."

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2019, 06:37:32 AM »

scottt, does 54 years on HD count as "long"?  and Lew you need to look up "sarcasm", you actually used it when referencing my medications, which by the way, do not include any hallucinogens. You might notice that several members agreed with my post which was meant to show the hyperbole displayed in this thread.  You may also notice that early in this discussion I agreed with your original post scottt, but as things progressed, this became very one sided.  I acknowledge there are equal or better choices than Harley Davidson, and I agree that the MC should listen, and the single loudest message you can send them is to buy someone else's product. But we are HERE, and in this house discussion, albeit multi faceted, usually doesn't include "trashing" our own brand. However, if that is the way you really feel, make the move, say goodbye, and "we will always like you and wish you the best."

OWL

Well Said.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2019, 08:32:12 AM »

I agree Phreakyz. There are imitators (other brands) out there that want what H/D has. I have friends that own other brands and take off the stickers and emblems off their bikes and install Harley fairings and bags on them. That speaks volumes to me.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »

As a consumer I have the option of choosing whatever bike suits my fancy.
I will keep most of my Harleys but will make room for a new 1600 bmw and/or the new water cooled Indian. I’ve ridden the bmw but will wait for the Indian

Until Harley and their dealer network steps up their customer service program I will go where I feel I am more valued than just a number.
I am tired and frustrated with the attitude that I am at fault with issues on the newer bikes.
I expect courtesy and respect and knowledge from the “experts” at the dealerships.
Knowledge is the key word here! Seems to be lacking at a lot of dealerships I visit.
Note to sales staff and service staff: “Do what you say you’re going to do the first time”.
 :soapbox:
JMHO
HOGMIKE

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »

OWL
Owl; my apologise, 54 years is a long stretch. At the end od the day, if your happy with Harley, that's all that matters.

Admittedly i became dissolutions with some aspects.

I did move on to some degree and bought the new BMW K1600 B or bagger. First new non Harley since 1989.

Nuff said. No longer care what anybody rides and find many to be interesting bikes. Would like to pick-up another CVO but this time it will be a older used Harley. 

Enjoy!

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2019, 12:12:54 PM »

Apology accepted scottt, thank you for being a gentleman.  Your views are widely accepted, hopefully HD will listen.  My generation is shrinking, yours is not and HOGMIKE speaks with the voice of a choir, we have seen the future and we won't accept anything less.

OWL

ride it, what ever it is, just ride...……………………...
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »

I've been riding Harleys for about 50 years and I joined this forum in 2003.  I got my first CVO just a few months after joining this forum and became a moderator then.

Having said that.....that BMW B is one hell of a motorcycle!    Jusayinzall

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »

As we get older we are not comfortable with change. It was a nicer time we remember 40-50 yrs ago. The newer generations do not know history at all. Internet and George Orwell have taken over, the people making laws today have totally lost all civility and push what THEY think is good for everyone. I’m not good with that. I don’t want some 29 yr old lawmaker telling me what I want and that if I follow in lock step it will be provided for me.

I started on motorcycles in 1961 and my first Harley was a 1965 FLH in 1970. I still have that bike and ride it occasionally. I’m one of the younger members in our “geezer” riders club and one of the older members in the B.I.O. riders. We ride Harley’s, Indians, Triumphs , Vespa, BMW, etc etc. BUT, we ride.
Our current ride leader is a few yrs older than me and rides a 61FL that he purchased new.
He is shooting for 350000 soon.

There are a lot of pretty intelligent people here on the forum with many years experience working and riding on Harleys. Some of you older fellows minds get to wandering (I’m almost there!) but keep up the “out loud” thinking, and if a mistake is made, it’s just that, a mistake.
As my friend would say “suck it up buttercup”

Thanks to the many: Bruce, all 3 Steves, Ron, etc etc. lots of good info here. Thanks to all the people who keep this forum running.

Gotta go pick up my rod (for my old age)!
 :soapbox:

JMHO as usual.

HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »

BTW, if this needs to be moved,  I may have gotten off topic a bit.
 8)
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 25 queries.