Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Any tricks to making the GPS come through the speakers?  (Read 5852 times)

MWalton

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Re: Any tricks to making the GPS come through the speakers?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »

Well I definately don't have the Road Tech. I thought a 660 Zumo was the same unit. So I bought one used instead of $900 here in Canada for a Road Tech.
That said, it boots up and shows the directions on the screen. I assume you're positive that it won't match up to the HD chrome bracket and come out the speakers?

Will it give commands through it's own speaker when installed on the bike?
How about blue tooth directions through a bluetooth headset?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:23:58 AM by MWalton »

SmileMaker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
    • CVO2: 97 FLSTS Blue & White
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »

Use the aux port on your radio with it set to aux. if you use a sd card with mp3's in the 660 and the MP3 player on the 660 you can play music through the speakers and get directions. The song will pause when directions are given .

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 11:52:37 PM »

I assume you're positive that it won't match up to the HD chrome bracket and come out the speakers?  Since I don't have that one, I'm not sure what will happen...but some the other replies say it won't.

Will it give commands through it's own speaker when installed on the bike? Uh...not sure.  My Road Trek 660 uses its own speaker when it's in my hand or in the car mount, but normally it doesn't when it's in the bike mount.  The only time it does when it's in the bike mount is if I turn it on when it's out of the mount, then put it in the mount.  BTW: Have to make sure the volume is turned up and not muted, but if it uses its own speaker, you should have heard it say something when you booted it up and it showed directions on the screen.

How about blue tooth directions through a bluetooth headset?  Garmin says yours has bluetooth, so it seems likely.

Like SmileMaker said, you can use the aux port on the bike's head unit to feed it through the bike speakers, but then you can't use the bike's AM/FM/XM/Ipod/CD to hear music.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 07:32:43 PM »

Well I definately don't have the Road Tech. I thought a 660 Zumo was the same unit. So I bought one used instead of $900 here in Canada for a Road Tech.
That said, it boots up and shows the directions on the screen. I assume you're positive that it won't match up to the HD chrome bracket and come out the speakers?

Will it give commands through it's own speaker when installed on the bike?
How about blue tooth directions through a bluetooth headset?

Many people have thought the exact same thing, but they are not the same in firmware, but everything else is.

It will give directions through it's own speaker, but I don't think you can hear that riding down the road, the Bluetooth part I have never tried, because I was one of the first set of people to have the NIM/iPod interface, when it didn't work, because they had the directions written wrong, spent a few days getting that worked out and HD fixed the directions with the info we came up with, anyway, I have always had the NIM so I never tried the Bluetooth other than for phone calls.

It will match up to any of the HD products for the RT Zumo's, it is the exact same housing as the RT's, all the 660 and 665 are the exact same housing and connections, whether it is the Zumo660/665 or the RT Zumo 660/665, the difference is the firmware that the units use, this is the reason it will not work with the NIM. It will fit any dash, handlebar mount/charger anything, it just will not cut any audio sources going to the radio with the NIM, other than it's own, when connected through the AUX input and playing music stored on it.

I am positive that it will not cut audio sources and send directions through the speakers, but as I stated the first time, you can use a 3.5mm AUX cord and connect it to the radio, this will give directions through the speakers, but the only audio you will have this way, is the audio of the Zumo, so you can put songs on a SD card and play them from the Zumo and then it will cut it's music and give the directions through the speakers when they are given.

MWalton

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 02:13:20 PM »

Thanks for all the info.
THe one thing that I did consider that isn't written here, is to use the bikes XM or FM until I feel the need to really listen to the GPS. I can just toggle the audio over to the aux input until I realise it's a long way to the next turn.
THen switch back.

Funhog

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 11:05:33 AM »

So I’ll try to make this short but informative.
Music (iPod,AM/FM,XM) was cutting out when RT Zumo 660 was giving directions but couldn’t be heard thru the speakers until trouble shooting.  I needed the counsel speaker switch down “With the red light on” Now it’s working perfectly 👌 Thanks
2012 FLHTCUSE7
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.