Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: screamin eagle street legal stage I kit-110 cubic inches for a softail deluxe???  (Read 4248 times)

sinogan

Hello,I am a new member and I am from Spain and my english is just fair,so I hope I won´t make too many mistakes.My question is:
I own a 07 softail deluxe and I would like to increase my twin cam 96 to a street legal 110 one.I have the screamin eagle catalogue and when I go to page 14 and I find all the kits I do not find any for my bike.I just find part numbers 29912-07 that fits 07 softail FLSTF(fat boy) and FXSTD(deuce) and #29866-07A that fits 07-later touring and dyna models and softails fat boy and deuce again.What is going on with the rest of the softails???Do you guys know what is the kit that fits my bike???I know that the 1st kit I am refering to comes with CVO mufflers that,of course I couldn´t use in my deluxe but Since the engine is exactly the same in all 07 softails models these 2 kits should work but I do not understand why they would not.
Can you please help me out???Do you have the correct part number for my bike???I know pro race kit 29931-08A would fit but laws in europe are really hard and I can´t use it.
I beg you to help me!!!
Thanks and regards

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer

Sinogan,

With the cost of a complete tear down and boring of the cases I doubt I would go down this road with your bike.  As it is pretty well documented on this site there have been a ton of 110 issues and I would recommend against going that route.  My suggestion to you would be to go with the 103 kit and put in something like the 575 cams, stage 1 air cleaner kit, tune the bike and ride happy and hopefully problem free.  Many of us here wish we could go with a 103 instead of the 110's.

I know its not the answer to your question and I apologize, but thought the feedback was worth noting to you.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

Sinogan,

With the cost of a complete tear down and boring of the cases I doubt I would go down this road with your bike.  As it is pretty well documented on this site there have been a ton of 110 issues and I would recommend against going that route.  My suggestion to you would be to go with the 103 kit and put in something like the 575 cams, stage 1 air cleaner kit, tune the bike and ride happy and hopefully problem free.  Many of us here wish we could go with a 103 instead of the 110's.

I know its not the answer to your question and I apologize, but thought the feedback was worth noting to you.

I agree.......

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

sinogan, I assume from your post that you need a certified street legal kit to meet requirements in Spain.  Does that mean the kit has to be certified to Spanish or European requirements, or is a USA certified street legal kit acceptable?  If a USA kit is acceptable, H-D does have a 103 Stage II kit listed for the FLSTN.  Follow this link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769833&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309321989&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309321989&bmUID=1241899484742&bmLocale=en_US

I am just as puzzled as you are about the 110 kit not listing your specific model.  The engines are the same, the only difference I'm aware of is the exhaust.  Perhaps the European distributor could get an answer from H-D for you.

By the way, I agree with the others who have replied so far, you would be better off sticking with the 103 upgrade rather than the 110.  The difference in performance is small, but the potential for problems with the 110 is large.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

Depending on your budget and HP expectations and the availability in your country pick a 103" or 113" kit.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Sinogan,

Check out link below,,, Save yourself the $$$ and headache.  :2vrolijk_21:
http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2212
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.