Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Exhaust ? for the experts ...  (Read 2257 times)

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Exhaust ? for the experts ...
« on: November 20, 2005, 08:45:01 PM »

I have the Rineharts on my bike and really loved them until today when the rear pipe finally let go like so many others have experienced. How do I go about getting it replaced? I had them put on by my dealer when the bike was new and I don't recall having a receipt for them. I've heard that Bub is good to deal with, but ... Would having no receipt be a problem for me?

The looks and sound of these pipes are awesome, however ... I'm not looking forward to replacing the same damn pipe every 1800 miles. I'm tossing around the idea about the 2-1 (Fatcat?) with the falsie OR buying the Vance & Hines true duals if my Rinehart mufflers will bolt up to the V&H ... I don't know. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Exhaust ? for the experts ...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:29:34 PM »

[smiley=oops.gif] Another Rinehart pipe bites the dust.

Chances are your dealer will have record of your purchase.  From the good customer service that others here have reported, it doesn't seem like not having the original receipt will be a show-stopper.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:30:49 PM »

Your rinehart mufflers will NOT fit the vance and hines true dual headpipes. The headpipes and muffler inlet on the rineharts are 1/4 inch bigger than the stock or the vance and hines.
MObe

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 01:23:46 AM »

Just a heads up on the vance & hines true duals they also break, I have them on the SERK, before that I had tried the Samson true dual exhaust, and it broke as well.  The dealer told me to try the vance & hines no luck, as they broke just like the samson exhaust. Getting the freedom pipes installed on the SEEG we'll see how long those last before they break too! Good Luck on your exhaust system.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 09:49:55 AM »

05 Candyman,

First off I would call the dealer and see if they can print you up a copy of the receipt.  If they can I would then call Bub and ask for Karen in the Warranty Dept.    She is great to deal with, bar none the best I have ever encountered when having an issue with a motorcycle.

Bub's phone is 1-800-934-9739.  

Now in relation to the D&D if you want to go down that road I would tell you in a sec to do it.   I have them on two of my SEEGS and really like them.   I personally have falsies on both bikes.  They sound good and give good performance.  I would suggest getting the stock tapered baffle though and NOT the performance baffle.   I sent back the 2 performance baffles.   If you have any questions on them let me know.

Almost forgot Cherry's are faster :)

-harry
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:50:37 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:29:12 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys, this site kicks azz!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The sad part is I knew all about this problem before I bought the Rineharts. I was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me ... or at least not with only 1800 miles. That sucks. Now I guess I'll have to come up with more cash for the D&D exhaust because I don't want to change pipes every few months.

I hope there isn't any breakage problems with the Fat Cat system, I haven't heard of any. I hate the fact of carrying around a dead muffler just for looks, but IMHO a 2-1 doesn't look right on a bagger. I hope I'll like the sound as much as the Rineharts, it's hard to tell from that clip on their site though. As far as baffles go ... I do like my bike pretty loud so I would probably try the performance one first, provided it doesn't kill my low-end much.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 01:15:48 PM »

I hope there isn't any breakage problems with the Fat Cat system, I haven't heard of any. I hate the fact of carrying around a dead muffler just for looks, but IMHO a 2-1 doesn't look right on a bagger. [highlight]I hope I'll like the sound as much as the Rineharts[/highlight], it's hard to tell from that clip on their site though. As far as baffles go ... I do like my bike pretty loud so I would probably try the performance one first, provided it doesn't kill my low-end much.

Candyman,

If you are really into the individual pipe sound (Rineharts, drag pipes, etc.), you may not care for a 2-1 pipe.  The 2-1 pipes tend to blend out some of that distinctive irregular beat that you get with true duals.  Before spending all that loot you may want to find someone with the Fat Cats or a Pro Pipe so you can get a better idea of the true sound.  The clip on the web site doesn't really tell you much, as you noticed.  Now, on the performance side you can't go wrong with a 2-1, as they win hands down over true duals, especially on the low end and midrange.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 01:42:03 PM »

Candyman,

If you are really into the individual pipe sound (Rineharts, drag pipes, etc.), you may not care for a 2-1 pipe.  The 2-1 pipes tend to blend out some of that distinctive irregular beat that you get with true duals.  Before spending all that loot you may want to find someone with the Fat Cats or a Pro Pipe so you can get a better idea of the true sound.  The clip on the web site doesn't really tell you much, as you noticed.  Now, on the performance side you can't go wrong with a 2-1, as they win hands down over true duals, especially on the low end and midrange.

Jerry

That's my main concern, the sound. I've heard nothing but good performance about the 2-1 so the extra low-end would be a major plus since I don't constantly flog the bike. I do miss some of that low-end grunt right off idle that I had with the stock pipes and lost with the Rineharts. Sounds like I better decide what's more important, sound or performance ... be nice to have both! ;D

Thanks Jerry.

Brian

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »

05 Candyman,

First off I would call the dealer and see if they can print you up a copy of the receipt.  If they can I would then call Bub and ask for Karen in the Warranty Dept.    She is great to deal with, bar none the best I have ever encountered when having an issue with a motorcycle.

Bub's phone is 1-800-934-9739.  

Now in relation to the D&D if you want to go down that road I would tell you in a sec to do it.   I have them on two of my SEEGS and really like them.   I personally have falsies on both bikes.  They sound good and give good performance.  I would suggest getting the stock tapered baffle though and NOT the performance baffle.   I sent back the 2 performance baffles.   If you have any questions on them let me know.

Almost forgot Cherry's are faster :)

-harry

Hey Harry ... awesome thread you have about the Fat Cat 2-1. I just read the whole thing and it was a great help. Now I know IF I do get it to make sure I go with the louvered baffle, not the performance one. Thanks again and I'd love to hear a clip of your's ... the one in that thread didn't work for me. That system looks as stunning on your bike as it would mine, plus I wouldn't have to keep cleaning my wife's (burned-on) shoeprint off of that left pipe anymore. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Brian
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:52:23 PM by 05_Candyman »

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 02:19:59 PM »

Has anyone tried the new Vance and Hines "Big Shot Duals" yet?

If so what are your impression's to date?

While in Sturgis this year I spoke to one of the V&H factory reps at length about these new pipe's.....he felt they would compete very well with all the very best pipes currently out there. He stated the current leader's (ie, Rhinehart & Hooker) were the bench mark they set out to meet and/or exceed in all facet's.
 I also like to hear some Dyno result's for them vs. the competition...........on the same bike with the same motor set up of course.........

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 03:21:09 PM »

Candy,

Send me an email at tech_help@bellsouth.net and I will email you the clip the problem is the board does not support the mpeg's.   Thus anyone that has been interested in this 30 sec 8 meg clip I have sent it to.   Please remember if this is a home email to EMPTY your email otherwise it will bounce back due to you are over your limit :)  

By far the chrome is prolly one if not the best out there on the market.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 06:00:22 PM »

Candy,

Send me an email at and I will email you the clip the problem is the board does not support the mpeg's.   Thus anyone that has been interested in this 30 sec 8 meg clip I have sent it to.   Please remember if this is a home email to EMPTY your email otherwise it will bounce back due to you are over your limit :)  

-harry
Harry, Hell I'm going to email you myself !! I wouldnt mind having another option to consider if this next fix doesnt work. [smiley=nervous.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 07:15:03 PM »

Candy,

Send me an email at tech_help@bellsouth.net and I will email you the clip the problem is the board does not support the mpeg's.   Thus anyone that has been interested in this 30 sec 8 meg clip I have sent it to.   Please remember if this is a home email to EMPTY your email otherwise it will bounce back due to you are over your limit :)  

-harry

Thanks, I'll be waiting for that clip and any others you might have. I agree about the chrome ... I couldn't take my eyes off those pics you posted of your bike, that exhaust looks like a work of art! I sent you a message through hotmail so you'll have my address.

Brian

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 07:46:25 PM »

Brian,

Already sent you the clip.  Hope it is not to big for your mailbox.  If it doesnt come through re email me or call me and I will give you another way to get it from an FTP server if necessary.

-harry

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 08:34:18 PM »

Brian,

Already sent you the clip.  Hope it is not to big for your mailbox.  If it doesnt come through re email me or call me and I will give you another way to get it from an FTP server if necessary.

-harry

It never made it, I think because my email filter is set on exclusive to keep the junk mail down. I added you to the safe list so hopefully it'll come through if you could try again.

Brian
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 24 queries.