Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2587 times)

tntdse

• Junior CVO Member
Insurance
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »

Greetings! Does anyone have a good insurance contact in Nevada and what do you pay for insurance on your SEEG. State Farm is wanting over a grand a year in Nevada. I pay 400.00 a year on my CVO Deuce. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tntdse

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re:  Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:27:02 PM »

Have you tried Harley-Davidson insurance? There is a link on Harley-Davidson website http://www.harley-davidson.com Look under "Services" on top of the page, and find "Financial Services" you can get a quote online. I've got mines insured with them (Progressive) and rates seem fair.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 10:13:42 PM »

Try calling Dairyland insurance they are on the web.   They were hands down the best price when I went shopping for insurance the last time.

Good Luck :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 10:31:44 PM »

05 SEEG, 04 SED, 02 SERK & a normal 05 low rider. harley davidson insurance is what I use seems to work for me

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:59:21 PM »

Randy, Allstate may still be insuring motorcycles in Nevada.........I think they just quit in Calif.  I still have my Allstate and will not let it lapse just because of the service and rates didn't go up after my accident.  They had the check down to the dealership as I was going into surgery......I couldn't believe how fast they were on the payout.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 07:54:24 AM »

Try Foremost - I had Progressive for many years, until they decided to double my rates (no claims, no violations, no nothing).  Foremost came in at half of Progressive for the same coverage.  Check out the web site, but I suggest you actually call for an estimate.  The web site estimate uses each states minimum requirements for default coverage, and that won't be close to what you need.
http://www.foremost.com/products/motorcycle/index.htm

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 08:40:29 AM »

Try Foremost - I had Progressive for many years, until they decided to double my rates (no claims, no violations, no nothing).  Foremost came in at half of Progressive for the same coverage.  Check out the web site, but I suggest you actually call for an estimate.  The web site estimate uses each states minimum requirements for default coverage, and that won't be close to what you need.
http://www.foremost.com/products/motorcycle/index.htm

Jerry
Hey Jerry, that's exactly my scenero also.  Had the HD insurance and switched to Foremost and cut my bill by almost one-half!  I was tickled to have all that extra beer money in one fell swoop!  [smiley=drink.gif] Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 09:20:41 AM »

Hey Jerry, that's exactly my scenero also.  Had the HD insurance and switched to Foremost and cut my bill by almost one-half!  I was tickled to have all that extra beer money in one fell swoop!  [smiley=drink.gif] Har!  spyder
spyder,

The best part is that the standard coverage is much better than what I had with Progressive also, such as $3500 coverage for accessories, $1500 coverage for damage to safety apparel, replacement cost coverage for first 2 years.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 10:13:51 AM »

spyder,

The best part is that the standard coverage is much better than what I had with Progressive also, such as $3500 coverage for accessories, $1500 coverage for damage to safety apparel, replacement cost coverage for first 2 years.

Jerry
That's all well and good, but what constitutes 'safety apparel'?  Will my shoulder holster count?  How 'bout my boot knife?  My 'pink' helmet? The irreplaceable FLHRSEI.ORG patch on my jacket?   This is all so confusing....hope I don't need to make a 'claim'. Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 10:19:48 AM »

That's all well and good, but [highlight]what constitutes 'safety apparel'?  Will my shoulder holster count? [/highlight] [highlight]How 'bout my boot knife?[/highlight]  My 'pink' helmet? The irreplaceable FLHRSEI.ORG patch on my jacket?   This is all so confusing....hope I don't need to make a 'claim'. Har!  spyder
No question in my mind - definitely safety apparel!  ;)  Not real sure about the pink helmet, though.   [smiley=confused5.gif]

Jerry

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:14 AM »

No question in my mind - definitely safety apparel!  ;)  Not real sure about the pink helmet, though.   [smiley=confused5.gif]

Jerry
Har!  Believe it or not, Jerry.........I get more comments (all favorable) from the fairer sex on that skull bucket than I do on my scooter.  :-* Guys I ride w/ can't get over how a cheap helmet can garner so many compliments.  I'm always a little concerned that maybe they're just trying to make sense of the whole deal.  [smiley=jester.gif] Har!  spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:50:41 AM »

That's all well and good, but what constitutes 'safety apparel'?  Will my shoulder holster count?  How 'bout my boot knife?  [highlight]My 'pink' helmet?[/highlight] The irreplaceable FLHRSEI.ORG patch on my jacket?   This is all so confusing....hope I don't need to make a 'claim'. Har!  spyder

Ok, before somebody else complains. If it's already posted where is it? This is a must see  :)
[smiley=worthless.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 11:23:06 AM »

ditto !

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 11:56:03 AM »

OK, OK.....I don't know how to retrieve the picture and transport it over here to this thread, maybe you can help out here twolane.  The picture of the infamous pink spider helmet is in 103tHunDer's gallery in the Album 2005 CVO Smoky Mt. Gathering and it's # 56.  Show's the helmet sitting on the Spyder-Psychle seat.   :o   spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:01 PM »

Ok, Spyder he's a try at it.....

BTW, It's a nice looking helmet, like the spider.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.