Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PCV and autotune.  (Read 975 times)

rbabos

PCV and autotune.
« on: April 19, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

Got an issue, can't figure out. Bike is a 2015 vrod with a current TTS tune. Has been upgraded to a SC and PCV with autotune module. The base cal, TTS has the 14.6 cells changed to 14.0-13.8 in those areas to prevent closed loop. O2 eliminators have been installed and a PCV cal loaded into the PCV as well as the autotune configure done. The issue is this. Bike runs fine at first but trim table in the front cyl is driving it lean with -20 , -30 adjustments. Rear about -10. Not sure what the problem is but at rpms past 4500 the trims look ok in both cyls. Below 4500 is where the issue is, mostly the front cyl.  This is the stock exhaust system, with the only change being the WB sensors added in place of the stock NB. Need suggestions on what to check.
Ron

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: PCV and autotune.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »

im not a pro.... i think you need to return your stock tune from the TTS, then go forward with the PCV.  my understanding is you cant write over the TTS with another tuner  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:59:36 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

rbabos

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »

im not a pro.... i think you need to return your stock tune from the TTS, then go forward with the PCV.  my understanding is you cant write over the TTS with another tuner  :nixweiss:
PCV don't overwrite. It only modifies injector cycles from the PCV base cal over to what's in the ECM. The TTS cal is also the older MT7.
Rear cyl trims seem to be correct and gone the correct direction. While the sensor is showing the front as rich, the autotune corrects what it sees but the engine struggles as it leans out too much. Not sure what's causing this false rich reading on the front cyl that causes this effect. Up to -30
Ron

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »

Seems the 02 sensor is getting oxygen from somewhere. Bad exhaust gasket, crack in the pipe, or just leaking around the seal on the bung.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

rbabos

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:05 PM »

Seems the 02 sensor is getting oxygen from somewhere. Bad exhaust gasket, crack in the pipe, or just leaking around the seal on the bung.
Possible but wouldn't it be adding fuel, not taking it away with extra oxygen in the pipe?
Ron

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »

mixing tuners sound basically insane...

rbabos

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 07:23:26 AM »

mixing tuners sound basically insane...
Thanks for the sound, knowledgeable advice. Well when PV ,TTS or whoever makes it possible to tune with boost, without map scaling i'll use it. I'm not mixing tuners, just making use of a closer previously tuned bike that has a TTS cal in it to continue on with boost.
Ron

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 24 queries.