Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: TTS harley tuner  (Read 46923 times)

grahn1967

• FL

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
TTS harley tuner
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »

Guys
All,found this on HD forum from a guy named Steve Cole;
I just want to say thanks for all being excited but this is a product from a whole team of people at TTS Inc. We want it to be right prior to the public release. Beta test units will be shipped out later next week to some testers and we will see what they come up with. We've tested on just about every brand PC out there but you know there is alway some combination that comes along and bites you in the ass, so were just trying to cover as much as we can upfront. The first release will be upgrades for mainly O2 equipped bikes and a few tuning upgrades for all bikes. Later releases will include more upgrades for older non O2 bikes. All software upgrades for the product will be placed on the web site so any of you with units will be getting the upgrades as they come out for free. All the product will be for an end user to work with but a dyno does make it easier.
Thundermax ECM, Darkhorse Crank and rods, R & R Heads,D & D Fat cat,Feuling oil pump and camplate,S & S Gear drive,S & S 585 easy start, Progressive front and rear,WO577 CHUBBY, Hogtunes all over.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: TTS harley tuner
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:58:44 PM »

O.K.. I give,, what is the product

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »

O.K.. I give,, what is the product

So far it's called V-Tuner, MasterTune.   TTS is the company that made the previous SERT's for the MoCo.  HD went to Kent-Moore for the new Super Tuner so now TTS will be putting out their own product.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:44 AM »

hello grahn, i had heard something like this was in the mix and I'm very intrested. please pm me when it's available.  axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

grahn1967

• FL

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »

Axil,                                                                                                                  TTS's website is ,mastertune.net or Call TTS at 310-669-8101 to order your cable or software key today.KG
Thundermax ECM, Darkhorse Crank and rods, R & R Heads,D & D Fat cat,Feuling oil pump and camplate,S & S Gear drive,S & S 585 easy start, Progressive front and rear,WO577 CHUBBY, Hogtunes all over.

skidly

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »

could you tell us more about the closed loop auto tune

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »

Closed Loop Auto tune can be done on the dyno to make it quicker to tune or on the street with a laptop logging the data. You will need to use one of our new maps and set it up for auto tuneing then program the bike.. Use the V-tune data log feature in Data Master to log the data while you go for a ride. Try to run the motor in as many different conditions as you can by using different gears and riding the brake some to load it down. Save the logged data and then open the new V-tune program. It will have you load the . MT7 file you programmed into the bike and then load the data you collected in DataMaster. From that it will automatically create a new corrected map for you and show you the changes its making. Save the file then use MasterTune to program the new file into the bike again. Each time you log data and run V-tune on the data it will correct the map closer and closer for you until it's right where it needs to be. We find it takes 2 full runs on the dyno to bring the map right in where it needs to be. Once the V-tune data is done all that is left is the WOT runs to tune for full power. Everything is explained in detail in the on-line help files in both MasterTune and DataMaster so we tell you to start by sitting down and reading the help files and were here to answer an questions we can after that.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

TickTock

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »

The autotune sounds interesting.  Can you post the link to the on-line documentation?

I also have other questions, if you have a moment to answer it would be much appreciated.

1.) What is the upgrade price.
2.) I thought that the only effective method of getting correct values was through the use of wide band 02 sensors. Can you elaborate on how this works?
3.) If you have a tuned .mt6 file and you want to upgrade it to the new .mt7 file to use with autotune - what is the procedure.
4.) As the autotune feature learns and applies corrections to closed loop, is there any algorhythm that will apply something to the open loop areas?
5.) If the adaptive fuel table has the ability to make fuel adjustments and store them in a different set of tables and given that the new tuner can download a calibration from the ECM, why couldnt the autotune feature take advantage of what the bike has learned over time and apply the corrections from that table instead of needing datalogging to take place via a laptop?

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »

The autotune sounds interesting.  Can you post the link to the on-line documentation?

I also have other questions, if you have a moment to answer it would be much appreciated.

There is no link it's included with the product online.

1.) What is the upgrade price.

I do not have that information yet. I do not expect to have a price for an upgrade until we begin shipping product as all efforts are on getting production running smoothly.

2.) I thought that the only effective method of getting correct values was through the use of wide band 02 sensors. Can you elaborate on how this works?

No, let's just say we've got a few tricks up our sleeve.

3.) If you have a tuned .mt6 file and you want to upgrade it to the new .mt7 file to use with autotune - what is the procedure.

Open software and load your file, Open the software a second window and load the new .MT7 file and cut and paste.

4.) As the autotune feature learns and applies corrections to closed loop, is there any algorhythm that will apply something to the open loop areas?

You set the map to be closed loop everywhere only during testing and you can get 90 % of what is needed. All you will be missing is Decel and WOT.

5.) If the adaptive fuel table has the ability to make fuel adjustments and store them in a different set of tables and given that the new tuner can download a calibration from the ECM, why couldnt the autotune feature take advantage of what the bike has learned over time and apply the corrections from that table instead of needing datalogging to take place via a laptop?

No this cannot be done as the stock code storage is too coarse of an adjustment.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:00:18 PM by Steve Cole »

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

Steve is this for the Super SERT? I would love to have a better base map to do this and the software I have has delphi files. Do I need to download an upgrade?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »

Sorry but No. It gets confusing since HD has tried to keep the same name as our product we used to supply to them. We are the designers and owners of the original SERT, the Super Tuner was and is done by SPX/KentMoore

TickTock

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply Steve.  I just want to clarify - Will the autotune feature work with 07?  If so, what are the base differences in what you can and cannot do (feature loss) between the 08 and the 07 setups.

Thanks again.  I really appreciate your prompt replies and attention.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

Sorry but No. It gets confusing since HD has tried to keep the same name as our product we used to supply to them. We are the designers and owners of the original SERT, the Super Tuner was and is done by SPX/KentMoore
Steve,
You have a PM click on "My Messages" at top of screen (see picture below).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

At this point I have been asked by the Admin Team to stop posting about our upcoming product and as you can see post have been removed. If and when we are allowed to I will try and keep you updated.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

At this point I have been asked by the Admin Team to stop posting about our upcoming product and as you can see post have been removed. If and when we are allowed to I will try and keep you updated.
In order to keep the members informed and keep undue speculation down. We are in the process of working out something with Steve and his product that will fall in line with what we require of all vendors that promote their products on this site (=/> 10% discount to members). Hopefully we (Owner/Admin Team) will be able to work out an agreement that we all can live with.

Until such time Steve we appreciate you respecting our wishes.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 24 queries.