Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle super tuner  (Read 20802 times)

TSmith

Screaming Eagle super tuner
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »

I bought the tuner unaware that it marries to your bike and I let a friend connect it to his bike to check his program out and I was wondering if there was anyway to get it changed so I can use it for myself? :oops:

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: Screaming Eagle super tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

Pretty sure that you need to have him pay you for that one and buy another one since it is indeed attached to his bike. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:07:08 AM »

Unfortunately you're going to have to purchase another one.  Hopefully its a good friend that is willing to pay you for the one that is now locked to his bike.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:12:44 AM »

Nope! hes stuck with it!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »

Pretty sure that you need to have him pay you for that one and buy another one since it is indeed attached to his bike. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
X2 I'm thinking the same thing too. To add to that the previous tuner he had may not be worth anything to anybody now because I'm thinking that the ECM can only be married to one tuner and the previous one was wiped out (divorced :D) when he hooked up the new one. :nixweiss: He needs to pay you for the tuner that is now married to his bike so you can get a new one.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »

I have never used the SE product. If its the same as the TTS in this reqard, its not locked to the bike until a tuning calibration is loaded into the ECM.
Even after its locked, you can use TTS all day for scaning codes, data logging ect on as many bikes as you like. I would suggest trying to downloading a calibration
to to the correct bike before you run out and buy another.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »

According to HD, my parts buddy and retired HD mechanic, the SE tuner is bike specific.  Once it's "attached" to a bike, it's married to it whether there was any download or not.  Ain't no divorce in the SE tuner arena.  Unlike the TTS that Steve mentions/sells where you can upgrade the TTS to mod more than one scooter, can't be done on the MoCo SE tuner.  What else would you expect from the MoCo.... :nixweiss:
Get your buddy to buy you one for your ride if you still want to go SE tuner.  Or, better yet, spend a bit less and get him to buy the better TTS unit for you and y'all can compare operational differences..... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:17:23 AM by Haird »

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »

could you switch ecm's with each other if they are the same ecm's???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »

Steve, as a long time F/S customer I'd like to see you begin offering the Super Tuner in addition to the M/T and let the customers decide which is better for them. M/T has a great product which I've purchased from you for 3 previous bikes. The problem for many riders like myself is that so few shops in Canada or the US are capable of using anything but SE tuners. And for those of us who are somewhat computer challenged that means tuning beyond your M/T map is out of the question.    
Jerry    

I kind of doubt that, assuming you're going to a dealership that has a real tuner on the premises.  If they were around when Harley sold the SERT, they were basically tuning with a TTS system (they were the vendor for the original SERT).  I think most of the places that give you that story are just trying to sell people an SEPST.  Real tuners tend to be able to work with everything from a PCIII to a SEPST to a TTS, since they are all mainstream products.

Anyhow, sorry for jumping into the middle of a question directed for Steve.  I'll butt out now.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SE120R

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »

I agree with Steve, It dosen't marry it self to the bike untill you download a cal. I,ve used hundreds of sepst but I never break the seal till I'm ready to start a tune.
RC

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »

I kind of doubt that, assuming you're going to a dealership that has a real tuner on the premises.  If they were around when Harley sold the SERT, they were basically tuning with a TTS system (they were the vendor for the original SERT).  I think most of the places that give you that story are just trying to sell people an SEPST.  Real tuners tend to be able to work with everything from a PCIII to a SEPST to a TTS, since they are all mainstream products.

Anyhow, sorry for jumping into the middle of a question directed for Steve.  I'll butt out now.

Jerry
Even if the tuner is comfortable with it, the dealer or MOCO may not permit Mastertune to be installed on the computer the dealer uses to tune  I've personally encountered this.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »

I would suggest trying to downloading a calibration to to the correct bike before you run out and buy another.

Steve

Steve makes a excellent point.  While it may already be locked to your friends bike, it doesn't hurt to try and download a cal to yours to confirm before you buy a replacement.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »

I have never used the SE product. If its the same as the TTS in this reqard, its not locked to the bike until a tuning calibration is loaded into the ECM.
Even after its locked, you can use TTS all day for scaning codes, data logging ect on as many bikes as you like. I would suggest trying to downloading a calibration
to to the correct bike before you run out and buy another.

Steve

Steve the Harley Tuner locks to the bike even if you record data.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »

Steve, as a long time F/S customer I'd like to see you begin offering the Super Tuner in addition to the M/T and let the customers decide which is better for them. M/T has a great product which I've purchased from you for 3 previous bikes. The problem for many riders like myself is that so few shops in Canada or the US are capable of using anything but SE tuners. And for those of us who are somewhat computer challenged that means tuning beyond your M/T map is out of the question.    
Jerry    

Hi Jerry

As a distributor for TTS, I sell to countless franchised Harley dealers who tune with TTS, SEST, Power Commander Ect. Harley does not require franchised dealers
to operate dynos in their service department, its their choice. And for the ones that do operate dynos, Harley certainly has no control over the software loaded into the techs PC that's tuning the bikes. What the dealer is really saying, is that they only sell SEST, the Harley product. If they say Harley doesn't allow them to tune with another software in the dyno room that they chose to install, well that's an example of salesmanship at its worst. I'm always open to using any competitive product my customers need or request. In competent hands the SE product can tune a bike. But its not product I can purchase under my business name thanks to Harley's dealer protection plan. Maybe I can get one or two off the internet at 20% discount if I'm lucky. Profit? Its just not there. Currently the TTS product is available to everyone and still the best from a tuners standpoint. Even if I could offer SEST and fuel maps allowing you to curcumvent the dealer and his dyno, whats the advantage over TTS at this point?

I appreciate your suggestions!

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:18:39 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

TSmith

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will try to download a map just to see, I figure I have nothing to loss. If that doesn't work I'll see if he will replace and learn from my mistake. Bought leason is one you never forget!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.