Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish  (Read 23258 times)

REGGAB

Re: Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2008, 02:29:08 PM »

Are you kidding?? Watching you and Ken patiently wait with Mav after our sweetly planned ride bit the dust to back him up and help in anyway?? Ya'll are heroes in my book!! That's what CVO family is all about! *hugs the heroes*

:army:  Well..........I ain't no hero neither, but where I come from...............you NEVER leave a fallen comrade.  Besides, we had a blast just the same, and we even had easy drinkin' Busch Light...........courtesy of the Hogbreath's.  Thanks!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

:army:  Well..........I ain't no hero neither, but where I come from...............you NEVER leave a fallen comrade.  Besides, we had a blast just the same, and we even had easy drinkin' Busch Light...........courtesy of the Hogbreath's.  Thanks!

EXACTLY!! Heck with this group of great friends, I think we could make watching paint dry a good time!! (with a little help from the Busch Light??) hahaha

Sorry for the De-railment there CVOwner

Back to your originally scheduled programming about "brag on glare"!!
I like shiny stuff!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »

I'm a dealer for Original Bike Spirits (formally Amrep) which is the company that now distributes Spray Polish & Cleaner.  If you guys are interested I'll be glad to sell product to members at a discount, well below the prices in the above post.  Case prices would be $52.20 for 14oz cans and $46.20 for 5oz cans.  The 5oz size is just the right size to pack on your bike! 

Should I start a thread in the Vendor Discounts section?

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/

:2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:44:11 PM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 07:28:57 PM »

I'm a dealer for Original Bike Spirits (formally Amrep) which is the company that now distributes Spray Polish & Cleaner.  If you guys are interested I'll be glad to sell product to members at a discount, well below the prices in the above post.  Case prices would be $52.20 for 14oz cans and $46.20 for 5oz cans.  The 5oz size is just the right size to pack on your bike! 

How about some samples!     :P

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2008, 07:55:45 PM »

Tommy,

Is that just a re-labeled Next Generation Product or some different formulation?

:indian_chief:

radar612

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2008, 06:22:34 AM »

Does anyone just use Windex for a quick wipe down?  Seem to work well  on paint and chrome.  Leaves surface clean and without streaks!!  I know it is  not a polish but is there something wrong with Windex?  I like the Honda Cleaner but use the Windex more often.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2008, 06:44:37 AM »

I'd be careful with Windex. It has ammonia. I've had Windex discolor and mess up plastics.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2008, 06:48:40 AM »

I'd be careful with Windex. It has ammonia. I've had Windex discolor and mess up plastics.

I think the same Radar.  Plus I would think it would strip off what ever polish/wax that was on there already.  I guess I am about the only one who uses Zaino around here?

REGGAB

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »

The ammonia free Windex Wipes (Wally World) are fine.  Ammonia free Windex is fine.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »

Does anyone just use Windex for a quick wipe down?  Seem to work well  on paint and chrome.  Leaves surface clean and without streaks!!  I know it is  not a polish but is there something wrong with Windex?  I like the Honda Cleaner but use the Windex more often.

I use Windex on chrome with excellent results (wheels, exhaust, etc.), but I've never used it on the paint.  For a quick wipe down of the paint, I just use a wet (water) cloth followed by a dry cloth.  To remove bugs, I leave a wet cloth on the surface for 10 minutes to soften the little buggers and then do the wet cloth/dry cloth routine.  If the surface has a decent wax coating, you really don't need to break out the heavy duty cleaners.  In my humble and cheap opinion, if the vehicle is too dirty for this simple method, then it needs a full washing and not just a spritz bottle.  Oh, and after a full wash I still use a rag with Windex to wipe the chrome exhaust and wheels to remove any water spots.  Leaves a very nice streak and spot free finish.

BTW, I'm still waiting for one of you guys to invent an automatic bike wash.  I've tried to get momma to ride mine through the local Drive & Shine for me, but so far she isn't cooperating.   :confused5:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »

I don't know if its available everywhere but we use ProtectAll in SoCal. Most of the Harley dealers carry it and its good on eveything. Doc

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »

I use Windex on chrome with excellent results (wheels, exhaust, etc.), but I've never used it on the paint.  For a quick wipe down of the paint, I just use a wet (water) cloth followed by a dry cloth.  To remove bugs, I leave a wet cloth on the surface for 10 minutes to soften the little buggers and then do the wet cloth/dry cloth routine.  If the surface has a decent wax coating, you really don't need to break out the heavy duty cleaners.  In my humble and cheap opinion, if the vehicle is too dirty for this simple method, then it needs a full washing and not just a spritz bottle.  Oh, and after a full wash I still use a rag with Windex to wipe the chrome exhaust and wheels to remove any water spots.  Leaves a very nice streak and spot free finish.

BTW, I'm still waiting for one of you guys to invent an automatic bike wash.  I've tried to get momma to ride mine through the local Drive & Shine for me, but so far she isn't cooperating.   :confused5:

Jerry

Agreed on using water on bugs & your observations on wax.  Use Windex on chrome & as you described, it works great. Not good for paint.

I used to use the wet towel method on bugs - now I spray them down (if bad a couple of times), let it sit & soak, and then use a wet microfiber towel followed by a dry one.  Buggy here all the time it seems so it's the quickest & easiest way I have found to deal with it since spraying can be done wherever the bugs are & the wet towel could only cover so much.

If you ever get momma to ride through that local Drive & Shine on your bike Please!!!!....
 :worthless:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:34 PM »

I don't know if its available everywhere but we use ProtectAll in SoCal. Most of the Harley dealers carry it and its good on eveything. Doc

You can get ProtectAll at any RV dealership on the East Coast.  I've got it for my fifth wheel.  I never tried it on the bike though...good to know that I can use that on the scoot too.  :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 21 queries.