Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Pledge  (Read 7060 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: Pledge
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:17 AM »

May I suggest Bike Clean by Kit. I get it from Ace Hardware. Good detail er, they also make a Bike Shine.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 05:25:13 AM »

I bought a few more cans of that orange Pledge.  I'm very impressed with how shiny my bike is right now, especially the chrome.  But now you have to use a coaster if you plan on putting your beer on my saddlebag lid.  The true test will be checking it out in the sunlight, but there's not much chance of that happening real soon.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »

I have changed my mind about the Pledge.  It did a real nice job making the bike shiny, but it seems like a magnet for dust.  I didn't realize how much so until I just did the entire bike with Meguiar's NXT and I've been for a few rides and still no indications of dust on the bike.  I think I'll use up the Pledge I have for some interim cleanings and then not use it anymore.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »

Seems none of you are close to the auto/motorcycle refinish industry. Can't believe you rub a lemon oil based substance on paint then park it in the sun. What a dust/ozone magnet. Do you realize how many good products are available for these quik clean moments? Mothers/Meguairs/3M to name a few and lots of others as well.
AMAZING. Good luck on long term ownership with that oily finish!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »

Seems none of you are close to the auto/motorcycle refinish industry. Can't believe you rub a lemon oil based substance on paint then park it in the sun. What a dust/ozone magnet. Do you realize how many good products are available for these quik clean moments? Mothers/Meguairs/3M to name a few and lots of others as well.
AMAZING. Good luck on long term ownership with that oily finish!

As you can see from my previous posts, it didn't take me long to notice how Pledge attracted dust.  I used the Orange, not Lemon, but still had that same effect.  I haven't used it on the bike at all since, and the heavy dust problem went away.  I still get dust on the bike, but not a heavy, thick coating like I was getting with the Pledge.

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 08:20:15 PM »

I agree that the pledge attracts dust to bad. I am going to retire my can as well.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »

Amazing how quick this thread took a 180.  I was wondering wtf everyone using Pledge!? 

I've been using Meguiar's products since the late 70's when I owned an autobody shop and that's all my painter would use.  Nothing better than Meguiar's -- the real deal.

I use their Gold Class Liquid Wax on all paint & chrome, and Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Wipes on everything else (seat, dash, inner fairing, cable sheaths, etc.).  About $20 for the pair & good for at least a year.  How can you beat that? 

http://www.meguiars.com/

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:06:28 PM by PR3VS56 »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.