Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Just applied the Glare Pro Polish, and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5580 times)

Thundercloud

Applied Glare Pro Polish on my 2 week old Rio Red CVO Road Glide and all I say is this stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!!!  It truly looks like a sheet of glass over the paint,  I used it on the chrome and my new carbon fiber helmet and it all looks unbelievable!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Just applied the Glare Pro Polish, and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »

Just got back from a ride to dinner.  Rode and ate while you were glaring.  Betcha I had more fun 8) .

(but I got more bugs now too.....)

Thundercloud

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »

I average 20-25k miles per year on my bikes, so do my share of riding too. And if you ever do a 700 mile round trip day to go for lunch, then you can claim you ride. But yes I did have fun Glaring the new ride today!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »

I average 20-25k miles per year on my bikes, so do my share of riding too. And if you ever do a 700 mile round trip day to go for lunch, then you can claim you ride. But yes I did have fun Glaring the new ride today!!!

I never ride very far. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

Welcome to the board Thundercloud and congratulations on the new sled.

Sounds like you're one of those that is a rider.  I have 30k on my 2010 SESG.  By the way, if you hurry and get packed you can make it to our next big GTG (get together) in Lake Tahoe week after next.....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52512.msg764735#msg764735    

You'll meet some great people, make new friends and ride some world class roads! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »

Now here's a 5 post rookie throwing it down in front of Twolane. Watch & learn.

It's ok Mark.  He just missed the joke part of the message.  Made it bigger to see it better.  Kind of like an erection.

Just got back from a ride to dinner.  Rode and ate while you were glaring.  Betcha I had more fun 8) .

(but I got more bugs now too.....)

Thundercloud

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:13:32 AM »

I'm not trying to upset anyone. Was just saying I liked the job Glare did on my bike. And yes, I guess I am a rookie on this forum, but have been on HDForum for years as well as GL1800 forum.  Just got the CVO, and read about all people that have talked about Glare on here and decided to try it is all.

Not looking to make any enemies on here, just trying to learn more about my new ride from you guys is all.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 12:22:56 AM »

I'm not trying to upset anyone. Was just saying I liked the job Glare did on my bike. And yes, I guess I am a rookie on this forum, but have been on HDForum for years as well as GL1800 forum.  Just got the CVO, and read about all people that have talked about Glare on here and decided to try it is all.

Not looking to make any enemies on here, just trying to learn more about my new ride from you guys is all.

Thundercloud, never you mind.. glad the Glare worked out well for you. I just bought my first batch last week taking advantage of the Father's Day discount. It arrived today. I think I might try it out before I head out to the West Coast Tahoe GTG.

Happy and shiny riding.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:10:50 AM by DesertHOG »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:33 AM »

I'm not trying to upset anyone.

Don't sweat it man.  It takes a lot more than Glare to piss people off around here.  We have moderators for that (damn that outside voice.....).

So; how about a heads up comparison of the Road Glide and the GL1800?  I'm a Road Glide fan.  But never been in the saddle of a Goldwing more than a couple tank fulls in a day and maybe 1500 miles total.  So not at all qualified to speak to them or make the comparison.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »

Thundercloud,

I did the Glare four step process this spring. It was a commitment. Knockout, Spider, Micro, Polish.  Did pipes and othr chrome, too.  Rode in the rain and bike seemed to shed the dirt more than normal.

Not much success with their waterless detailing Sahara product. I find it requires a lot of elbow grease. Honda spray is sure a lot easier.

I've not been around the forum a long time, but I've been here enough.  We've got a lot of new members, which is vital to the forum's success.  Keep your posts coming. 

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »

Guess I need to know what the knockout does as I only have the polish, wash and spider.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

For you guys that are using the Glare multi step process....is one of those steps clay barring?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

Honda spray is sure a lot easier.

Amen to that brother.  I admire (ok, I think they're OCD has OCD) the dedication of those regularly doing the apparently multi-hour Glare applications.  With the spray I'm done in 20 minutes though.  I may be OCD.  But I'm lazy OCD. :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »

Amen to that brother.  I admire (ok, I think they're OCD has OCD) the dedication of those regularly doing the apparently multi-hour Glare applications.  With the spray I'm done in 20 minutes though.  I may be OCD.  But I'm lazy OCD. :2vrolijk_21:
I'm wondering if the newly labeled Honda Spray detailing still includes the ingredient glassplexin?  (the magic in Glare products)  I can't seem to find it mentioned on the new label as it was on the old label.  That's why you must do the intensive Glare polish application at least once per year even if you use the spray as routine clean-up/shine application.  Gotta have the glassplexin bonded to those paint molecules to really get the full experience.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »

I'm wondering if the newly labeled Honda Spray detailing still includes the ingredient glassplexin?  (the magic in Glare products)  I can't seem to find it mentioned on the new label as it was on the old label.  That's why you must do the intensive Glare polish application at least once per year even if you use the spray as routine clean-up/shine application.  Gotta have the glassplexin bonded to those paint molecules to really get the full experience.  ;D har.  spyder

Have no idea Spyder.  There's no pictures on the spray can ingredients list so I never stopped to read it.  Come to think of it, however, I don't know what a picture of glasspeckerin would look like even if I saw it.  If old Honda spray is what's needed I'm good though.  Case and change still here from my last order three years ago :drink: !
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.