Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Obtaining an Breakout??  (Read 14902 times)

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: Obtaining an Breakout??
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 01:25:32 AM »

My dad bought his Rocker C at Barnett HD in El Paso since most of the dealers in DFW marked them up and Barnett didn't. Since I'm working on the road and I'm only about a 12 hour drive from El Paso I contacted them and talked to a sales guy for several months and put a deposit down. I was second in line. First one came in and it sold. So when its time for them to order mine the sales guy tells me that they have decided to mark it up to $31,500 since it is limited production and this will be the only one that they will get. Keep in mind this is after several months of having discussions where it was always put out there that I would be paying MSRP. Played it cool and left my money there for a few days until I found another one, then I got my money back. I realize that this is a business and they are in it to make profit, but reputation can make or break you.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:24 AM »

My dad bought his Rocker C at Barnett HD in El Paso since most of the dealers in DFW marked them up and Barnett didn't. Since I'm working on the road and I'm only about a 12 hour drive from El Paso I contacted them and talked to a sales guy for several months and put a deposit down. I was second in line. First one came in and it sold. So when its time for them to order mine the sales guy tells me that they have decided to mark it up to $31,500 since it is limited production and this will be the only one that they will get. Keep in mind this is after several months of having discussions where it was always put out there that I would be paying MSRP. Played it cool and left my money there for a few days until I found another one, then I got my money back. I realize that this is a business and they are in it to make profit, but reputation can make or break you.

Very well said!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »

So where did you end up finding one?

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

Whiskey River Harley in Texarkana, TX. Just happened to be going home for Christmas and they are about four hours from the house. Hooked up the enclosed trailer drove it to Texas and back.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.