Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Bringing her home tomorrow!  (Read 10559 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Bringing her home tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 02:30:17 PM »

Wow got mine last week. Really like the new switch design.

Looks like there is a skunk in your garage, too... :2vrolijk_21:

Purdy scooter there...I know Z is chomping at the bit for his new one.  Should have it by now....waitin' for the pics... ;D

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »

Wow got mine last week. Really like the new switch design.

How's it sound??  I'm not familiar with the SE exhausts.  Congrats to you!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

pilotroll

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »

put the v&h slips on.. sounds great to me.. the coolest thing is the new switches . the only thing i didnt like was the license plate being horozontal. placed the license plate veritical  looks alot better

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »

Didn't realize we were getting new switches!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »

Man i cant wait to experience this !! Good luck ride safe 

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »

Jeff, what dealership did you purchase your bike at.  Congrats and good luck with your new ride.

Hi,  C/A Harley in Plain City, OH...just outside of Columbus.

Not sure if you are interested in one or live around here, but I know that Mid-Ohio HD in Springfield, OH has a crimson red coming Nov 1, and as of yesterday, it was NOT spoken for.  Brian there told me they are asking MSRP only....no price gouging....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:51:39 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »

Hi folks,

well, I got her home.  First time trying to attach a pix, so I hope this works...it looks terrible(the pix, not the bike).  It was dark when I got home so this is under artificial lights in front of my garage...background is blown out...sorry about that...some thoughts....

I was able to take a ride today from the dealership before it started raining....my, oh my.  I really thought my 2008 Custom with the 103ci big bore had some pull, but this thing has crazy torque in every gear.  you let out the clutch and it is hauling the mail....smooth power delivery....very smooth, the fly-by-wire throttle is very responsive.  First big twin I have ever had with it, so I was a little concerned...no need to be(obviously, I didn't shift past 3500, being in the break-in period and all)-but loads of grunt.

I really dig the instrument cluster...they did a fantastic job here.  analog(and digital, if you like) tach, digital fuel level, MPH, and gear selection...It's incredible how much time they put into this thing....you can change the back light of the LCD, the tach, and the tach needle colors, independently, to one of 600 different color shades...mind boggling.  it's located perfectly so you don't have to lower your head as with the traditional harley consoles on the tank.

I have only seen a few of the details so far, but as already stated everywhere, the paint has to be seen to be believed.  Also, I found it interesting that there is no center brake light.  The only brake lights are the two blinker pods on the rear struts...there is only a reflector going across the back of the lip of the fender(which is coming off as soon as I figure out how!)

The wheels-wow.  The front wheel stands out more than any other part of the bike.  With the front end sitting low, and the wheel being 21" and the tire being a 130, it just jumps out at you when first seeing the bike.

I don't think anyone is going to have to be concerned with whether the 240 rear tire affects handling because, well, the pedals scrape at any greater lean angle than a normal 90 degree turn on the street(ok, a slight exageration).  There were a couple of twisties I took it on, and wow, there must have been sparks coming off the street I was scraping so hard!  The front downward sloping of the frame is the cause.  My Custom is just the opposite, the frame slopes upward toward the front giving much more lean angle.  This thing is seriously slammed, very low....I was surprised just how low it sits in person.  But I knew this from all the reviews.  This is a straight line hot road and is long and low, and looks good getting from point A to B.  But for me, that's what I wanted....when I want to do the twisties, I'll pull the HD out of the garage that can do serious damage to S curves ;D

Fit on the bike-unbelievable.  it pulls so hard in every gear, it's a good thing the pillion hugs your lower back nice and tight.  I was really concerned about not having the 3" control extensions on this bike that are on my Custom, but I don't need them.  I am 6'5" with a 32" inseam, and I have plenty of room.   The pegs and controls are laid out pretty far forward.   For me it's an absolute fantastic and comfortable riding position.

The ONLY thing I don't like thus far is that *_)% licence plate holder.  I get that it's horizontal so it can be legal in all 50 states, but holy crap it is just so tacky on this bike...it's painful to look at it....now, it is spring loaded so it does fold inward..I am going to figure a way to keep it folded in until a cop stops me the first time  ???

sorry this is long-finally, the seat....it is unique and the brown just works perfectly with the red color...the alligator skin pattern gives it a rustic, worn look that I like.  I never have liked shiny black seats much....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:57:52 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

pilotroll,  just sent you a pm..thanks!

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »

Its a beautiful bike enjoy it and drive safe.

I guess you have the permission from your wife to sleep in the garage tonight next to the bike!! hehe well i have it from now

:orange: :apple: :pineapple:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »

Its a beautiful bike enjoy it and drive safe.

I guess you have the permission from your wife to sleep in the garage tonight next to the bike!! hehe well i have it from now

:orange: :apple: :pineapple:

yea, for sure....she's bummed because the bike is a little too wide for her to ride(she is 5' 3" short)..she runs a V-Rod though so she is happy..

my office does connect to the garage where the bike is, so I can have the door open and admire it....

A 50 year-old man oggling over a two wheeled vehicle just like I did when i was 13 and got my first Schwinn Continental bicycle....I hope I never grow up   :)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »

Congrats  :2vrolijk_21:  I bet you've already had to wipe the tank off from drooling on it on the way home.  :vrolijk_4: :lolk:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »

Congrats  :2vrolijk_21:  I bet you've already had to wipe the tank off from drooling on it on the way home.  :vrolijk_4: :lolk:

Dude, I have already gotten after the paint with my dual orbital with Menzerna polish, and a fresh coat of Souveran carnauba   :bananarock:

NOW, it is starting to look like a bike worthy of being in my garage!  (I am a detailing demon)

"ride 'em like u stole 'em, but keep 'em looking like a garage queen".....that's my motto..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:53:03 AM by Z06_Pilot »

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »

So we have the right for some clear photos now :worthless:

HHP

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Congrats. The bike looks great.

Ride safe and have fun.
Sportster 883 / Dyna Super Glide / E-Glide Standard / Heritage Springer / Heritage Classic / Night Rod / Softail Deluxe / CVO Street Glide

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »

Jeff,

I saw somewhere (article/blog) that mentioned the Breakout coming with a bike cover.  Can you confirm?  Perhaps it was someone that just got a bennie from their dealer.
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.