Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cvo Breakout Canada  (Read 3910 times)

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
Cvo Breakout Canada
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as well to riding. Have been years am dreaming of buying my first Harley and finally realized that am 33 years old and still dreaming. So said what the fu..k. Did my research for over a year now( regardless the research task of every year ending with no deal). Finally, i saw that picture of the CVO Breakout, which completely drove me crazy. I called the dealer here in Toronto. He gave me a price of 31000 Canadian Dollars + hst 13% plus insurance + plates a deal that will end up to 40000. Though, still i was so focused i reserved the bike. Later they announced that the price here in Canada is set to 30000 Dollars so i was really pissed off and cancelled the reservation. Which i really dont know yet whether this action is right or wrong. As i ended up calling all other dealers in Canada and none of them have one( each time listening to a long story about how HD is not repsecting the Canadian market like they do in the US. An unfair comparison for me as both markets can never be compared).

To conclude, i called a dealer in the US who has my request the black diamond color and i will be getting it in January. My questions are as follows:

1- the bike will cost me around 28000 USD in the US with another 10000 for transportation. Then HSTor GST at the Canadian borders no clue? Will i be after all of that still saving?
2- i already have a US citizenship so i am entitled to buy a new bike 'HD rules' from the US, but will Deely the dealer here in Canada honor the warranty as the bike is new not used?
3- Any recommendations on parts that i will need to buy from the US ? I am really new to this but have been reading in the forums that HD owners usually change some stuff once they buy a new bike?
4- From the forums i can tell that the Breakout production is delayed which have been confirmed by my dealer pushing the delivery date for one month. Is this still the case?

One final note i have been around reading your comments and conversations for the last year. Cant imagine that a bike introduced me to such great community and people am really proud even without yet having it. I wonder what will i feel after riding with some of you?

Thanks

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Re: Cvo Breakout Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »

1 - You will have to pay the HST when the bike crosses the border, plus a brokerage fee if you get a Customs Broker do do the documentation for you.
2 - I have an 09 SERG and only went in for warranty work once - NO issues getting it done on warranty
3 - This is totally up to you
4 - I can't provide any info on this one !!

Welcome to the CVO Forum; there are a ton of great people here .... and a wealth of knowledge !!!!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:04 AM »

http://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx        good info right from the horse's mouth

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

HHP

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »

Welcome to the site from Germany.
Sportster 883 / Dyna Super Glide / E-Glide Standard / Heritage Springer / Heritage Classic / Night Rod / Softail Deluxe / CVO Street Glide

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »

1- the bike will cost me around 28000 USD in the US with another 10000 for transportation. Then HSTor GST at the Canadian borders no clue? Will i be after all of that still saving?

You must have one too many zeros in this post.  Otherwise, the answer to you from me would be,...............are you out of your mind, spending $10K for shipping????   

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »

Yup you are right its 1000 USD so many 0 in life!!

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »

Actually in m post i said that i have a US citizenship and address thanks for that. I fully agree with you about Deely"the dealer" here in Canada and my problem is not trying to reduce the price much as getting the bike. They told me we cannot get it for you 3 breakouts were only allocated in Canada and they are all sold!!!! maybe you can wait for next year and contact us back!!!

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »

Well good question, waiting is always an option but do you think it will be only one year? 700 allocated to Other countries so total of 1200 to North America! And will it loose some of its value in that year or you will find them with the same price?

Finally and most importantly, it will be an additional year of my life of not riding.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:17 AM »

Yup you are right its 1000 USD so many 0 in life!!
Well, I'm glad you have not lost your mind.  1900 others of us don't need the extra company.  Ha!  That is hard to believe that only 3 were allocated for the entire country of Canada.  They would probably not drop any in value if you were to pick up a used one later.  But you sure could pick up a used one from here in the states I would imagine.  People historically buy and then think about it later.  Some people really know how to take care of a bike while they have it also.  I actually saw a 2003 anniversary bike today at the dealership that had 21,000 miles on it and it looked like it came out of the factory moments ago.  No kidding.  Doesn't look like you have much of a choice as far as waiting.  But you don't have to walk all that time.  Ride something!     :nixweiss:

ATH

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »

I must admit 'you cant walk ride something' is a nice comment. Actually more of a new AD for riding :) thanks for your advice well i will do my best to finish the deal on the new one i reserved with delivery end December in the States and i guess will just go ahead and take any related risk!!!!  :nervous:

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.