Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: First Impression of Breakout and Dealership  (Read 5711 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
First Impression of Breakout and Dealership
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

Hauled up to Milwaukee yesterday to pick up the bike and it was a good thing I had a trailer, rained off and on.  Bike is absolutely a thing of beauty.  Don't need to post any pics since Z06pilot has already shown plenty.  The fit is definatley different than my 07 cvo springer was- like the way the handlebars curve into the rider more.  The seat seems to be a little wider, but it is deeper and provides more support (stock cvo springer seat provided none, I used a sundowner, which I will be selling by the way).  The only complaint I have about the bike is the sound of the pipes- WEAK ASS!!  The screamin eagle slip ons I put on my wife's sportster sound better than the stock pipes on the Breakout, I'm not kidding.  

Dealership experience (Hal's Harley Davidson-New Berlin): Biggest dealership I have ever been to- probably had 100 bikes for sale-my local dealer usually has about 15 on average.  Were all very friendly, particularly the finance manager- really knew what she was doing and extremely straight forward and helpfull in many areas.  The only negative experience was when it came down to my trade-in (which I was expecting).  Now I knew my 07 Springer was in immaculate condition, but they told me I needed a new front tire which would cost $300 (which was the original tire, and I can see them wanting to replace it just to make it more appealing).  But $300, that was just an insult to my intelligence.  So, I simply looked up the tire and saw that it was $105 at JPcycles.  Then they said the remaining portion was for labor.  Bottom line, I paid $100 more (price of the tire).

To sum all up- the bike is awesome, with the exception of the exhaust.  Dealership was extremely friendly, but I hate it when a dealership tries to stick it up my _ss in some way.  I wish they would all just drop alot of the extra rallys and various events that cost so much overhead.  I understand why they put them on (they want customers in there).  But it is my feeling that they would get much more business if they decreased all the overhead and just played the role of providing great bikes, great parts and great service, at great prices.  Of my soap box now- off to enjoy the nice weather here while it lasts.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:47:19 AM by Dobeman2000 »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: First Impression of Breakout and Dealership
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »

Hauled up to Milwaukee yesterday to pick up the bike and it was a good thing I had a trailer, rained off and on.  Bike is absolutely a thing of beauty.  Don't need to post any pics since Z06pilot has already shown plenty.  The fit is definatley different than my 07 cvo springer was- like the way the handlebars curve into the rider more.  The seat seems to be a little wider, but it is deeper and provides more support (stock cvo springer seat provided none, I used a sundowner, which I will be selling by the way).  The only complaint I have about the bike is the sound of the pipes- WEAK ASS!!  The screamin eagle slip ons I put on my wife's sportster sound better than the stock pipes on the Breakout, I'm not kidding. 

Dealership experience (Hal's Harley Davidson-New Berlin): Biggest dealership I have ever been to- probably had 100 bikes for sale-my local dealer usually has about 15 on average.  Were all very friendly, particularly the finance manager- really knew what she was doing and extremely straight forward and helpfull in many areas.  The only negative experience was when it came down to my trade-in (which I was expecting).  Know I knew my 07 Springer was in immaculate condition, but they told me I needed a new front tire which would cost $300 (which was the original tire, and I can see them wanting to replace it just to make it more appealing).  But $300, that was just an insult to my intelligence.  So, I simply looked up the tire and saw that it was $105 at JPcycles.  Then they said the remaining portion was for labor.  Bottom line, I paid $100 more (price of the tire).

To sum all up- the bike is awesome, with the exception of the exhaust.  Dealership was extremely friendly, but I hate it when a dealership tries to stick it up my _ss in some way.  I wish they would all just drop alot of the extra rallys and various events that cost so much overhead.  I understand why they put them on (they want customers in there).  But it is my feeling that they would get much more business if they decreased all the overhead and just played the role of providing great bikes, great parts and great service, at great prices.  Of my soap box now- off to enjoy the nice weather here while it lasts.

Great news!  BTW, I put on Vance/Hines slash cut slip-ons this weekend.....They sound good-so much improvement over stock....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »

Hi Z06 what part no are the slip-ons ,as that is my first mod on the list thanks .

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »

Don't want to spend the money on the slip ons and then the 2 into 1, so I will just wait for the 2 into 1, plus my wife said "no mods"- well it will be stored for a few months so moot point anyway for now (and Vance and Hines are working on the exhaust anyway so no big deal).  I will basically have this week to ride a bit (40's-50's) and then it will be put away.  You guys in the south know how good you have it.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »

Congrats on the new scooter! "No mods" - right... :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:03:25 AM by Buy early »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »

Hi Z06 what part no are the slip-ons ,as that is my first mod on the list thanks .

Vance and Hines part #16835....I got mine for a little over $200....they have a nasty growl  ::)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:58:09 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

Don't want to spend the money on the slip ons and then the 2 into 1, so I will just wait for the 2 into 1, plus my wife said "no mods"- well it will be stored for a few months so moot point anyway for now (and Vance and Hines are working on the exhaust anyway so no big deal).  I will basically have this week to ride a bit (40's-50's) and then it will be put away.  You guys in the south know how good you have it.

Put away.......  say it ain't so!  I definitely don't live in the South....I got some Gerbings heated clothing a couple of years ago:  jacket, pants, and gloves....I can ride down to about 35 degrees and be toasty warm...as long as there is no salt on the streets and it's clear, I can ride.  Heck last year I was able to ride a lot in Dec and Jan with the warm winter we had....

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

I agree 100%- I will be riding when I get off work today (upper 30's and I have heated gear as well), but once that salt goes down then I'm screwed.  I won't take it out once the salt goes down,  and won't bring it out again until the spring rains wash it all away.

Put away.......  say it ain't so!  I definitely don't live in the South....I got some Gerbings heated clothing a couple of years ago:  jacket, pants, and gloves....I can ride down to about 35 degrees and be toasty warm...as long as there is no salt on the streets and it's clear, I can ride.  Heck last year I was able to ride a lot in Dec and Jan with the warm winter we had....

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 12:19:57 PM »

I agree 100%- I will be riding when I get off work today (upper 30's and I have heated gear as well), but once that salt goes down then I'm screwed.  I won't take it out once the salt goes down,  and won't bring it out again until the spring rains wash it all away.

ah, ok, good man....my respect for you is restored   :orange:

I read you on the salt thing....last couple of winters it's worked out where there were spots where it was warm enough to rain which washed away the salt.

I'm lucky in that my office is attached to the garage where my Breakout lives, so during the winter, at times when I can't ride it, i can still look at it...!!

AZ_BREAKOUT

• CVO1: '13 Breakout Black
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »

First let me say I LOVE THIS BIKE!  But, I was very disappointed last Thursday when I picked mine up and started her up.  I compare the exhaust sound to my Grandmother snoring!
So, I took advice from other forum members and just put the V&H Slip Ons on her today.  WOW!  What an amazing difference.  It may not be the perfect solution but much better than the factory setup until more options arise for a full true system.
Anybody that thinks they are going to just ride it home and leave it completely stock is crazy!  ;D
I will say that everyplace I go the bike draws a crowd especially the chrome in the AZ sunshine...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 05:39:36 AM »

First let me say I LOVE THIS BIKE!  But, I was very disappointed last Thursday when I picked mine up and started her up.  I compare the exhaust sound to my Grandmother snoring!
So, I took advice from other forum members and just put the V&H Slip Ons on her today.  WOW!  What an amazing difference.  It may not be the perfect solution but much better than the factory setup until more options arise for a full true system.
Anybody that thinks they are going to just ride it home and leave it completely stock is crazy!  ;D
I will say that everyplace I go the bike draws a crowd especially the chrome in the AZ sunshine...

Nice!  did you notice when you pulled off the stock mufflers just how tiny the actual exhaust piping is inside all that insulation?  they are like straws-it's sad.  The slip-ons do make a huge difference.....Like you, I am anxiously waiting for the full systems to be qualified for the Breakout......

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »

Lucky you in AZ.  By the way, what color did you get?

AZ_BREAKOUT

• CVO1: '13 Breakout Black
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:51 AM »

I scored a black one and have never seen a candy/sunglo.  It seems like red or black have been the most prominent so far....I like all of them but just bought the first color my dealer could get!  It's amazing to see the crowd around the bike whenever I ride up and now that my stock exhaust problem is fixed I cannot wait to show off the new & improved sounds....

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

When I was doing my search here in IL/WI/IA/IN I found that there were a few of the black and golds out there and a few black and silvers had already been bought and I was lucky to find the one red in the area at the moment.  It is my understanding that there is going to be a total of approx. 1900 total Breakouts produced, and I want to say that the majority will be the black and gold- I know I read there will be around 400-500 of the reds (paid closer attention to that since the red was what I was the most interested in).

I scored a black one and have never seen a candy/sunglo.  It seems like red or black have been the most prominent so far....I like all of them but just bought the first color my dealer could get!  It's amazing to see the crowd around the bike whenever I ride up and now that my stock exhaust problem is fixed I cannot wait to show off the new & improved sounds....

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »

When I was doing my search here in IL/WI/IA/IN I found that there were a few of the black and golds out there and a few black and silvers had already been bought and I was lucky to find the one red in the area at the moment.  It is my understanding that there is going to be a total of approx. 1900 total Breakouts produced, and I want to say that the majority will be the black and gold- I know I read there will be around 400-500 of the reds (paid closer attention to that since the red was what I was the most interested in).

Plus, HD has said that 30% of that 1900 will be shipped outside of the United States, so the availability numbers are actually smaller....
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.