Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Watch That Fuel Gauge!!  (Read 21333 times)

clembo

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
Re: Watch That Fuel Gauge!!
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »

Update - The dealer found the problem, a sensor was bad, one had to be ordered. I guess it has happened on other Breakouts.

Also - They put on the SE Tuner and V&H Big Radius 2x2 pipes, huge difference! The sound is loud, maybe a bit too much, but it does finally sound great. The performce improvement is great, the bike seems to react much more quickly to throttle changes, it is nice.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »

Update - The dealer found the problem, a sensor was bad, one had to be ordered. I guess it has happened on other Breakouts.

Also - They put on the SE Tuner and V&H Big Radius 2x2 pipes, huge difference! The sound is loud, maybe a bit too much, but it does finally sound great. The performce improvement is great, the bike seems to react much more quickly to throttle changes, it is nice.

Ah, good to hear...thanks very much for letting everybody know........I need to get mine to the dealer, but finding a time when I can let it drop to 30 or so miles left, get it on the trailer and over to them has been a real pain....been riding a lot, so like others have said...it drops to half full, I fill it up....I will probably get this done in late fall/early winter...

And yes, you are so correct.  improved throttle response is reason alone to get a fuel manager for this bike....the drive-by-wire throttle on this bike in stock form stinks up the joint in a BIG way....simply awful...

The 2:2's are certainly loud, but for me they are right at the edge of not being obnoxious...they look beautiful dropping down in front of the back wheel too...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

kb1

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »

ive had the same problem dealer says he has not heard of it , but i cant see how cause it seems to be common as.
the price we pay for these it should be sorted out

Superpotminer

• SK

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »

Had this happen to me yesterday. Planned my refuel stops in advance, thought I would have about 50 km's showing as remaining when I would stop to refuel so I wasn't concerned. I was about 2.5 km's from my fuel stop and the gauge was showing 33 km's remaining, I was going about 125 km/hr on the freeway and just passed a semi.  Breakout lost power momentarily, I said WTF! Slowed down to about 105km/hr making sure I didn't get run over by the semi I just passed (speed limit is 110km/hr). Engine stalled as I turned off the highway onto the road to the fuel station, managed to restart as I was coasting and ran on fumes to the pumps about 300 metres!  Glad the bay was open! No one there knew how clinched the old sphincter was!
I will talk to the dealer today and see what they have to say, not really expecting much. ::)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »

Had this happen to me yesterday. Planned my refuel stops in advance, thought I would have about 50 km's showing as remaining when I would stop to refuel so I wasn't concerned. I was about 2.5 km's from my fuel stop and the gauge was showing 33 km's remaining, I was going about 125 km/hr on the freeway and just passed a semi.  Breakout lost power momentarily, I said WTF! Slowed down to about 105km/hr making sure I didn't get run over by the semi I just passed (speed limit is 110km/hr). Engine stalled as I turned off the highway onto the road to the fuel station, managed to restart as I was coasting and ran on fumes to the pumps about 300 metres!  Glad the bay was open! No one there knew how clinched the old sphincter was!
I will talk to the dealer today and see what they have to say, not really expecting much. ::)

wow, that's almost my exact story....It happened to me as I was in the left lane passing on the intersated at 75-80mph....that is a scary feeling when you lose power, no one knows it except for the fact that you slow down rapidly, and on the interstate, that's a serious problem.

Like most company's nowadays, HD really doesn't give a flip about you after they cash your check, so you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a problem.  Once someone gets hurt or killed on a CVO due to this problem, suddenly, they will become concerned...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »

Never trust a fuel gauge on a motorcycle....fill it when you get a chance and never try to run it down close....use your odometer as your fuel gauge, it's more accurate.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

lrdean

• NY

• CVO1: 2013 Black Diamond, Molten Silver, Crushed Slate Graphics
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »

My 2013 CVO Brakeout had the same problem the moment the gas light came on I was out of gas. At the 1000 service i told the Service manager she advised it's not reparable and ordered a new gauge. Its the new Millennium there's no reserve switch the new gas gauge was covered under warranty.

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »

Never trust a fuel gauge on a motorcycle....fill it when you get a chance and never try to run it down close....use your odometer as your fuel gauge, it's more accurate.  ;) spyder

Agreed!  What's so hard with resetting one of the trip meters and watching it.  Once you get to what ever mileage you have calculated from a few fill ups you will know just when you may need to look for a gas station.  It's not a car it's a motorcycle!
Do it now!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.